September 5th, 6th, 12th, and 13th (Sat-Sun)
What is the Sunflower Festival?
The Sunflower Festival is an experience. Each festival ticket includes a wagon ride to the sunflower fields. Guests spend as much time taking pictures, exploring sunflowers fields, and reading informational signs as they like. Each ticket includes one ‘stem’ or LIVE cut sunflower. Rutledge Corn Maze planted 30 different varieties of sunflowers in 3-acres, or approximately 3 football fields of sunflowers. We will have music playing throughout the day, Food vendors and lots of other fun activities. Plus, a viewing Platform for the best pictures of the whole field.
What Does it Cost?
Adults $16 (12 and up)
$10 for Children (5 to 11)
We have our field broken up into 3 sections
First, we have the “Big Field of Yellow” this is planted full of the classic yellow sunflowers that will mature to about 5-6 feet tall.
Then we have our “Field of Beauty” These are our ornamental Sunflowers. In this field you will find many different types of sunflowers. In total you will find 25 different sunflowers from white to red. Some have many different colors in them. We small sunflowers that will fit in your hand to large that are bigger then your head. Our favorite is the Cooper Queen, it is a large sunflower that has the most beautiful face and it will still fit in a vase with other sunflowers.
In our last section you will find our field of Giants. In this field you will find sunflowers that are much taller. These Sunflowers grow between 9-12 feet tall. This is where we keep our biggest sunflowers. Some of them you can even eat their seeds.
The New Rutledge Safety Plan
For the time in which we live
Your safety and the safety of our staff is the top priority. We are looking forward to your visit, and have just a few new processes and procedures for guests to follow:
- Social distancing remains important and all guests are asked to remain a minimum of 6-feet from other guests and staff.
- Sanitation is a must. We will provide hand sanitizer throughout the farm as well as additional hand wash stations so that we can all help stop the spread of germs.
- We are enhancing our timed-ticketing program to limit the total number of guests to 25% of our total capacity. NO tickets will be sold at the gate.
- As the mask mandate is ever changing we ask that you adhere to the current mask requirements for our state on the day of your visit. We ask that you respect others in attendance and maintain adequate distance from groups other than the one you came with.
- Flower clippers will be supplied to you for cutting your blooms. We will be sanitizing them between uses for everyone’s safety.
Buy Tickets & Sunflowers
Disclaimer Ticketing is limited and MUST be purchased online to guarantee admission to the event. Due to our capacity, we are strictly limiting ticket sales BY DAY & TIME to ensure every guest gets plenty of pictures in the sunflowers.
NOTE: Sunflowers are an agricultural crop and therefore subject to weather, growing conditions and ripening variables. We cannot guarantee that the sunflowers will bloom on a particular date, so prepare to be flexible by 7-10 days in your visit. Stay tuned on Facebook. for up-to-the-minute plans. The event is an outdoor event and therefore held weather permitting. Should a complete crop failure arise, tickets will be exchanged for Rutledge Corn Maze tickets OR for a future event. You may also choose to get a gift certificate NO cash refunds.