They like or comment on your photos. Follow. His girlfriend or partner may have snooped around who he is following and questioned him on his relationship with you. They send you memes or jokes. Whatever the reasoning was for unfollowing, its best not to question him about why he did what he did because that might lead to a hopeless conversation or an argument- even though we all have our doubts as human beings. With constant eyes on Rodrigo's Instagram and when she would or wouldn't unfollow her ex-boyfriend Joshua Bassett, unfollowing everyone probably eliminated a possible headline. Or, they did it on purpose to grab your attention and confuse you. Men can drive us insane with the smallest things they do, but at least we can b. Which might have you thinking, Um, why is my ex commenting on my social media?. 21 Reasons & What To Do (2022) Table of Contents. Did he unfollow me for attention or did he do it because he couldn't handle seeing me on his newsfeed anymore? 11. Your email address will not be published. They say this will make it come true. Try pieces that give you confidence. Focus on yourself! If you follow them on the account where they post their family content and they want to follow some new cool people, its less likely that they will follow you back on their other account if they are planning to only use it for work purposes. Well there could be multiple reasons why so I will list a couple I think so this is just my opinion: 1.) In some cases, they may even like your posts but cant bear to see them every time they get on their Facebook feed. Hes not sure if he can handle the memories, especially when theres a lot to process after the breakup. They post content constantly when they never did before. He may even block you if he thinks that its the only way to get your attention. Now that youve broken up, however, theyre constantly posting! The storytelling was insulting, there was no creativity, they immediately made our favorite characters so unlikable, events just happened for no real reason, and it just felt like these new writers had no prior knowledge of the show before working on it. Social media has a huge impact on every person in this day and age, whether we want to admit it or not. I really took a moment to think about the reasons why women take so much time reading into everything, and I understand you completely. You might have a big following, but if your followers are not interested in you or your posts, they will unsubscribe and unfollow you. If you suspect your ex is stalking your profiles, they may be trying to grab your attention to get you back. If you have recently broken up with someone and they unfollowed your social media accounts, it may make you feel even worse about things. Now, hes waiting for the moment when youll give him your undivided attention. It means that he is not interested in you. I unfollow people sometimes when it's nothing personal but I just no longer care to see their stuff Block him! Its much easier to simply stop following a person when they start posting things you dont want to see. Billy Summers is a man in a room with a gun. But when your exs new partner could literally steal your face? Especially if he knows that you pay close attention to your follower list! If your ex keeps messaging you on your social media for closure, they likely have an ulterior motive. And you notice that he follows you too. Your email address will not be published. It's easy. His mind is telling him that itll only backfire, and hell get heartbroken. I can tell you right now, with complete certainty, that hell follow you again sooner than you may believe. No one should be allowed to simply barge into your life and make a mess when you know for a fact that life can be beautiful without drama. What if he has someone else? She still lives by herself because she wants her independence. Letting go doesnt mean that you dont care about someone anymore. I really dont. After a breakup, one of the worst feelings is seeing your ex finally move on with someone new. Years later, Id find out that he was just trying to launch a new, professional Instagram account and had automatically unfollowed everyone who wasnt a car brand or dealership, including his closest pals. We arent all great with technology. If this is really the case, then good luck. thinkaloud.net. I remember when my ex and I broke up, and I would always wonder if he did unfollow me for attention. Remember that its normal for people to unfollow others on social media for all sorts of reasons. Sure, maybe your ex has a type, as many of us do. Reasons like: he lost interest in your online postings, hes into someone else, he wants to avoid any potential drama, or he might have just been hacked. Hell text you when he has a few more drinks than he should. But then, yesterday, I found out he'd just have a relationship with this new girl. Its possible that he just doesnt like your page and finds it boring. All of this hurts him too much to see it every day. Just continue to post relevant content that is interesting and engaging. Sometimes, if he needs more time, its easier to suffer in silence than to see your posts. Dont text him to ask him what happened, dont text him to start an argument, and dont apologize for things that you havent even done. You can always reach out to the person in question and see if theyve had any issues with their account or if they feel like theyre not interested in what you post anymore. Do you genuinely believe that a man whos good for you would behave like this? He may also be trying to see whether when you do notice that he has stopped following you, how you will respond. Your ex truly misses you and simply looks at your profile to reminisce on your memories together. They want you to meditate, radiate positive vibrations and visualize the life of your dreams. People who are truly meant to be together always find a way back to each other, right? When it comes to social media, he may have unfollowed you to: see how fast you notice when you do notice, he wants to see you react It boils down to how much reactivity they can trigger out of you because reactivity = control. However, this is likely not a sign that he no longer cares about you and rather an indicator that he does care about you still and finds it too hard to see constant updates of your life on his phone. 1. He may have unfollowed you to try and find out how quickly you would notice or respond to him doing so. If this is the case, you probably think you dont even recognize your ex anymore. He Doesn't See You Being In His Life Anymore 6. It is likely that if a person has unfollowed you on Instagram that they find it too hard for whatever reason to see constant updates of your life on his screen. This is often a way of trying to get your attention. You may want your ex back, but hes going through a lot of pain, and he didnt know what else to do. But is this really what is going on? Required fields are marked *. It is not rude to stop following a person on social media, especially if seeing their posts or stories is not making you feel happy about it. Did you like our article? Chances are, your ex didnt know how to treat you right, and now that youre starting to move on, theyre directing these frustrations and regrets at your new S.O. Or maybe (maybe! Orbiting is sometimes used as a strategic . Im going to break down 10 reasons why someone might stop following you. 2 nd reason: They're sorry for the breakup, but now they want to be friends. First he unfollowed you. This will give them a chance to re-follow you to keep up with any future updates that you might make. 1. Nope, I made a mistake. Read This Star Doesn't Work Overtime TSDWO 230 English MTL: 228. You may be wondering why someone unfollowed you on social media. This is known as suspension. This is his way of keeping his distance from you. Now its the right time to explore the world and to create a life that you can be proud of. He may not be interested in the courses you offer or the business that you are running. Another common reason they might ' ve unfollowed you is because they like playing hard to get. Some guys will do this even if they start talking to or dating a new girl. Its a devious symphony that no one wants to admit were playing on the dating field. Dont panic. Dont panic or stress about how he is acting after you have broken up with each other. It may be difficult but one thing that you need to remember is to avoid responding or sending any text messages to him about it. He obviously didnt see another way to handle things. You may want to reach out and ask them whats up, which is just what your ex wants to happen. They message you constantly just to say hey or catch up. He might find that the content you share on your page isnt interesting enough for him to read or watch. A few months ago, I reached out to Relationship Hero when I was going through a tough patch in my relationship. You saw that the number of your Instagram followers went down, so you went through the list and discovered that your ex has unfollowed you. So, stop obsessing over the fact that he is or isnt following you. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Dont worry; there are other people who might love what you post and want to be a part of it. Whether or not you want to give your ex the closure they desire is up to you. If a person or an ex unfollows you it means that they will no longer see updates about you on social media. It is likely not a sign that he no longer cares about you and rather that he is unable to move on or gain headspace when he is constantly reminded of you. When they regain access to their account and see that theyve unfollowed you, they may want to re-follow you. He thinks you are doing okay without him, you are trying new things that you never did when you were with him and you are now meeting new people. It can be hard to keep up with a large number of accounts we follow on social media and scrolling through our feed can feel like a chore when we see something were not interested in. He wanted to make his social media accounts safe for usage by getting rid of his ex-girlfriend. He was aggressive, obnoxious . Everyone has different motivations and thought processes. This is exactly what he anticipated because he has all of your attention while also mocking you from the sidelines. After a few days at zero, Chamberlain started following one Insta account: her own coffee brand. Maybe you share a love of a particular band or music genre, so they start sharing content related to that. Hell try to make a comeback. Just settle down and focus on what you need to achieve and not go back and forth in your mind about him or you will end right back together to break again. Billy is among the best snipers in the world, a decorated Iraq war vet, a Houdini when it comes to vanishing after the job is . Don't have time for people like him. Id probably go insane! Maybe he kinda likes you but doesn't want to appear to over eager by liking to many of your things. Diana Dorell intuitive dating coach and author of The Dating Mirror: Trust Again, Love Again, Susan Winter, NYC-based relationship expert and love coach, James Guay, LMFT, content creator and licensed therapist, Tyler Turk, CEO and founder of Crated With Love, Be the first to know what's trending, straight from Elite Daily, This article was originally published on 04.03.17, After A Breakup, Kat Stickler Turned To TikTok For Healing, Hayley Morris Loves Dressing Up As A Vagina, Thanks For Asking, Heres How To Use TikToks Love Tester Filter, By subscribing to this BDG newsletter, you agree to our. It makes you question your worth. However, it may be the case that it doesnt really have anything to do with you and it is just this persons way of trying to deal with the confusing emotions of a breakup. I mean, who wouldve thought that this man would go this far? Upon investigation, you realize it was your ex. Thats why he traveled to Brazil to meet the renowned shaman Rud Iand, who taught him a life-changing new way to find your purpose and use it to transform your life and everything around you. He can get that from so many other women because a woman knows how to make a man feel loved and appreciated. You neednt agree with someone in order to still care about them as an individual human beingeven if we all have room for improvement at times. You know the way he thinks as well as the way he acts when you deprive him of your attention. 17. He unfollowed me before I started no contact but I never unfollowed him back. He said that if I wanted to get different results, I had to change my behavior, trust him implicitly, and do exactly as he said. Watch. 2. This is just another slap in the face when you are already heartbroken. There's a button for that. Its a weird way to go about things. They post content constantly when they never did before. The truth is, there are many reasons why they might be stalking you, such as: If your ex is lurking on your social media, they may be trying to make you jealous. It's well-known that people value what's difficult to obtain, so maybe he unfollowed you as a way of playing hard to get. In the meantime, dont worry too much about who is following and unfollowing you online. How can I mean so little to him. Well, now that your brain is scrambled from all the different questions, I feel like you need someone to help you out. Whether you were dumped or did the dumping, its not uncommon for exes to lurk on your social media and watch your posts. I think he unfollowed because maybe he doesn't "care" anymore for some reason maybe he is now focusing on another girl & doesn't care about keeping up to date with what you're doing. Open the text and leave your ex on Read. Nothing says never again like an unanswered drunk text.). What Does It Mean If A Guy Unfollows You? So, now he made sure that this didnt happen again. My mom is 91 now. Despite that he may have chosen to initiate the breakup, he may now be finding it more difficult than you to get over you and resume dating life without you. It has become my job it all falls on my shoulders. Xper 7 Age: 55 , mho 40%. I'm a huge nerd when it comes to understanding how relationships between men and women work, and what drives a certain behavior. He might have been really into getting to know you and your world on social media but is not more interested in someone else. "For the sake of your emotional well-being, you should always unfollow your ex from social media, especially if youre not over [them]!, Conversely, if and when a salty ex isn't deleting you from every platform imaginable, they may be doing the opposite: Totally obsessing over your posts. The person whose account was hacked will be unable to access it. Perhaps he is unsure whether the breakup was the right idea and he is trying to get some headspace to really figure out what he wants and whether he should think about getting back together with you. We post pics, we love to follow people who are interesting to us, and we always scroll through the list of those who follow us back. Now, hes living rent-free in your head, and he didnt even do much. Follow you, unfollow you, block you, or unblock you. Diana Dorell, intuitive dating coach and author of The Dating Mirror: Trust Again, Love Again, says this may be another sign theyre not over you. Another reason for unfollowing someone on social media is if theyre simply not interested in what you have to say online. Don't get me wrong, I LOVED the first three seasons. But first there is one last hit. In this scenario, the person who had their account suspended might not even know that theyve unfollowed you. Yes, things like this can happen even if your insecurities tell you otherwise. However, theres something that he told me when we finally sat down to talk. I partially agree, but it might make you feel bad, especially if you are young, have little followers, or are sensitive. For example, if someone posts upsetting or sad images on social media, it could be because they are trying to bring attention to themselves. 13 Signs The Relationship Is Over For Him, 109 Best Appreciation Messages To Show Gratitude, The Ultimate Love List: 365 Reasons Why I Love You, 11 Effective Exercises For Letting Go Of Resentment, Letter to Your Daughter: 13 Heartfelt Sentiments to Consider, 13 Best Ways To Deal With A Disrespectful Grown Child, 147 Powerful Morning Affirmations To Start Your Day. Think of it like this: you follow someone on social media and then they suddenly stop following you. His cruel ways are the only thing that you should focus on right now because this will remind you that youre better off not talking to him at all. You know the feeling: you follow someone because you enjoy their content, but then they post something that doesnt align with your personal views, or its simply not what youre into anymore. Well, buckle up, were going on a fun ride through your exs brain! 27 Of The Most Glaring Traits Of A Female Narcissist, 21 Examples Of Healthy Boundaries In Relationships, The 19 Best Ways to Know If A Married Woman Likes You More Than A Friend. He doesnt have to be a special guy to be able to do this, he just needs to play his cards right. He may lovebomb you for a while to convince you otherwise, but let your brain guide you. Imagine all the things you could do if you werent so obsessed over a guy whose only interest in life is to get a girls attention by being a complete and utter douche. Sometimes people take one new profile when they change their companies, jobs, or go through major changes in their life and they want a fresh start. That isn't what you do to a friend. It does happen, so again, when you notice that he unfollows you, try not to jump to any conclusions right away. Okay, that was aggressive. Visualization and positive vibes wont bring you closer to your dreams, and they can drag you backward into time-wasting, idle fantasy, and frustration. They constantly post about dates they are going on and new people theyre seeing. He might be with someone who feels insecure or possessive or jealous. Maybe youre even a blogger, and he has to watch how successful you are while hes going through very trying times. Get back out there in the real world. When you dont know the reason why its easy to speculate. Because they were in a relationship with you, they know your likes, dislikes, and ultimately what will get a reaction out of you. Since breaking up, your ex has stopped liking your posts and interacting with you on social media. Keep reading to find out the reasons he unfollowed you on social media. Your ex may want to appear as if they dont care by avoiding liking your content, but they dont want to risk losing your attention. ", (Off-the-record, if they were an especially terrible partner and youre feeling really petty? Youre ready to go your separate ways, but its not so easy to avoid each other because of social media. Notification when someone unfollows you! The first ratings data came out. Why would a guy unfollow you on Instagram? But what if you two broke up on relatively amicable, friendly terms and then, boom out of nowhere they unfollow you on Instagram, leaving you to ask yourself, did he unfollow me for attention? or does she not want to be in my life anymore? That situation can be confusing and even hurtful. He said that everything reminded him of the time we had together. If you still have constant reminders of each other on your phones it is going to be hard to really move on and decide whether you made the right decision or not. From what I've read, apparently he can be "yanking my chain". His Lack of interest just shows that you did the right thing. Elite Daily spoke with a series of love coaches, breakup coaches, and therapists to find out what your exs actions might mean. Did He Unfollow Me For Attention? It can seem like theyre going through some kind of identity crisis, but they may just be trying to get your attention by making drastic changes. This kind of communication might feel harmless, but the truth is, your ex is baiting you into a conversation. So I did! No matter how long you were together, breaking up with someone is one of the most awful things that you will experience and there is nothing other than time that will help you move on and heal from the pain. This feature on Snapchat allows people to see when youve started typing a message. They start typing a message but never actually send it. Why don't you take this quick free quiz to see if he actually likes you! Now that you understand all the different reasons why he unfollowed you, maybe you should consider what you can do. And how do I do that? Maybe he doesnt want you around his new life, or maybe he just wants time and space to find himself again. It may be a good idea to stop following your ex for at least a short amount of time after you have broken up so that you can have the time and space to move on from them without having constant reminders of your past on your screen. Your ex likely realized their mistake, panicked, and un-liked the post quickly. So what gives? The unfollow move makes sense for celebrities. Receiving an unfollow can make us feel like we are not living up to expectation, which can lead to feelings of self-doubt and insecurity.". Like me on Facebook to see more articles like this in your feed. This can be a tough one to get through, but you have to understand that everyone is trying their best. Dont just sit at home and check every minute if hes still not following you! If you're telling yourself that he just didn't get the message or maybe something tragic happened, like his dog died, you're fooling yourself. It could be a huge mistake, so you should watch how you react to this situation! You havent spoken to your ex since the breakup, but you notice they keep sending you memes or random jokes they come across on social media. To show that I'm too busy to check my socials. Telling lies and making false claims is definitely getting in the way of your exs capacity to enjoy their life; dont let it get in the way of yours. Perhaps things got hot and heavy rather quickly. What better way to avoid getting texts from someone than to unfollow them (or block them)? Powderpuff97 Follow Xper 5 Age: 25 Would a guy be upset because he's self absorbed or would he genuinely want to know why you unfollowed him on Instagram especially since he took it personal because he unfollowed me immediately. 99 Unique, Fun, And Unexpected Ideas, Has He Gone Radio Silent? Walking Dead. Rather than thinking that him unfollowing you is a sign that he no longer loves you, take it as a sign that he still cares a lot about you and he has not gotten over you yet. By liking every new photo you post, they can get in your head as much as they want. It doesnt matter that you had your disagreements because you know that with a little bit of communication, everything can be solved. Perhaps you broke up with your ex or you mutually decided that it was the right decision for both of you and now he has unfollowed you on social media and you are wondering why. Its easier when you end on good terms, but everything falls apart when one of you reaches out every now and then. Who knows him better than you do? You will drive yourself crazy if you do this. Nobody.". It should be used for entertainment purposes only. This leaves you scratching your head, wondering, Did he unfollow me for attention?. The more likely reason is that theyre trying to get you talking about the relationship so they can talk you into giving them another chance. Privacy Policy | About us |Contact us 2023 Think Aloud, 8 other possible reasons why he would unfollow you, 5. Unfortunately, they keep going back on their word. Especially if he texted you last week out of the blue that he misses you. I'm not the girl for . You may think that its easier said than done, but the truth is that you can control your actions and (sometimes) your emotions; which automatically means that you can control what you do about this. This behavior might make you question why you broke up with them. This can be an indication that they want your attention.. 4 th reason: They're mad about the breakup and want to hurt you for it. When you view the notification, you realize they liked one of your old posts! Thanks for commenting, Mike . This feels like just another slap in the face from him when you are down. Doing so will destroy you. Just don't feel down. Did he really think that this would get her attention? If he changed his profile to private, and youre not one of their Facebook friends, this could be another reason. Badmus, in a new post on her page, put up a video compilation of different photos of Asiwasju's wife Oluremi. But you have no idea. He Wants You To Chase Him 2. Invest in yourself immediately. Welcome to Ask April! I can promise you that it doesnt matter on which platform he blocked you, whether its Snapchat or Whatsapp, he still wants the same thing. We all have ways that we try to move forward in life and we may not be the most gracious or considerate about it. Hell see that he cant get your attention by ignoring you, so hell try to turn things around. (21 Clear Signs), Bringing Up The Past In Arguments (13 Reasons Why). Please do your own research before making any online purchase. Do you hate it how everything seems to always revolve round him while you just seem to be an afterthought sometimes? 3. If you were still actively following him, this might be a reason why they unfollowed you. He doesnt need your text messages or your selfies anymore. If this person does this often enough, it might be time to unfollow them on social media. Maybe you and your ex agreed to cut off contact with each other after the breakup. Think Aloud is a destination where youll find stories about every step you, as a woman, take. When someone constantly brags about a past partner lusting after them, nine times out of 10, theyre the ones doing the lusting. He is not doing it in a malicious way in an attempt to make you even more hurt than you already are, but rather a sign that he himself is struggling. The more a person posts, the less interested in the content they will become. People tend to follow people who are like them, or who they want to be like. They "like" or comment on your photos. Its a reminder of the life he couldve had but doesnt, and the memories are completely throwing him off. Don't obsess Like stalking, obsessing over the reason that this happened is not going to help things. Understand that playing games isnt the best way to start a new relationship. Pinterest. From your end, you can either block your ex or just keep posting those poppin selfies. This is especially true if you are a person that posts a lot on social media. All he needs is his freedom, so he took it upon himself to unfollow you. So you keep the wonderful memories, but find yourself moving on.. 13. What we see is what we get and it doesnt matter if theres something going on in the background that has nothing to do with us or whatever he might be experiencing as long as you are happy together then everything else is irrelevant. There are certain relationships [that we hold] throughout our lives, James Guay, LMFT previously told Elite Daily.