You are also agreeing to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. The Jets vie for the AFC championship title Sunday against the Indianapolis Colts. The Jets announced Monday that Casey Johnson, a daughter of the team's owner, Woody Johnson, had died in Los Angeles. "Everyone please pray 4 my Wifey Casey Johnson. Jets owner Woody Johnson is 'devastated' by death of daughter, Casey Johnson. "Too early to say," he said. Woody Johnson's excitement over the win quickly turned to devastation upon learning of the death of his eldest daughter -- a triumphant football team owner morphed into a distraught father in a matter of hours. Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Cookies Policy. In 1982, she gave birth to Jamie Johnson and in 1987 to her third daughter, Daisy Johnson. "She had given them pause with her behavior, but I don't think anyone expected this.". But what could they really say, even if encouraged? Do Not Sell/Share My Personal Information. It is an interesting, as well as emotional, interview and is well worth a look when it airs tonight at 7 p.m. PST. Jets Owner Woody Johnson's Daughter DiesUnexpectedly, the daughter of Jets owner Robert Woody Johnson, The gore, guts and horror of an NFL fumble pile, I understand why Andrew Luck retired, because Ive been in his shoes, 10 unwritten rules to not screw up your NFL jersey number, The never-before-revealed details of the infamous Eli Manning draft-day trade, NFL referee Sarah Thomas doesn't have time for your nonsense. "I've known Casey since I was a baby," Hilton told Life & Style magazine. Mr. Johnson bought the Jets football team in 2000 for $635 million. The Los Angeles Police Department initially reported Johnson died of "apparent natural causes," but added that an investigation is ongoing, the New York Post reported. "The Johnson family is mourning its tragic loss and asks for privacy during this very difficult time," a family spokesman told the News. The daughter of the Jets' owner, Woody Johnson, had diabetic ketoacidosis, caused by a lack of insulin and very high blood sugar, the coroner in Los Angeles said. "It's two different worlds," Johnson told reporters Thursday, according to the Daily News. Johnson, who suffered from juvenile diabetes, reportedly struggled with drug and alcohol abuse while her wealthy peers became reality television celebrities. It is never quite real family. The actor, who shot to fame in the '80s with his role on the iconic sitcom Cheers, first met his future spouse in 1987, when Louie was hired to be the White Men Can't Jump actor's personal assistant. "Her family was concerned over her well-being the past year," Webster told the News. Ms. Johnson is survived by her parents, two sisters and a daughter, Ava-Monroe, whom she adopted from Kazakhstan in 2007. The Jets were in the playoffs. It happened. Daughter of a first-generation Ukrainian immigrant father and a second-generation Ukrainian-American mother, Suzanne Ircha grew up in Manhattan's "Little Ukraine" area in the East Village. The other is reality I lost a daughter," Woody told the NY Post, fighting back tears at the Jets training facility in Florham Park, NJ. Balancing his grief with the needs of his team was not easy for the Jets, who began the playoffs on Jan. 9 in Cincinnati against the Bengals amid the media frenzy surrounding Casey's death mainly focusing on her engagement to reality star Tila Tequila. Ms. Johnson appeared to have an ambivalence toward the fame her lineage brought her. We made such a lovely couple, only beginning to spend the rest of our lives together: Crown Heights, Prospect Heights & Prospect-Lefferts Gardens, Los Angeles Police Department initially reported Johnson died of "apparent natural causes,", "Her family was concerned over her well-being the past year,", Woman Bites Police Officer Outside Village Deli, NYPD Says, Ellen Barkin Fumes on Twitter Over Detectives Response Time to Burglary, 48,000 Students With Disabilities Not Getting Help They Need, DOE Admits, Mayor: Terror Suspect Should 'Rot in Prison' But Not Face Death Penalty, 'We Were Just Doing Our Job,' Says NYPD Officer Who Shot Terror Suspect, Here Are the 8 People Killed in the West Side Terror Attack, Terrorist Planned to Continue Killing Spree at Brooklyn Bridge, Feds Say, Survivors of Opioid Epidemic Showcase Artwork at East Harlem Gallery, Man Fatally Shoots Girlfriend, Attempts Suicide Near Cooper Union: NYPD, Columbia Professor Withdraws from School Amid Sexual Harassment Lawsuit, Williamsburg's Controversial Pfizer Rezoning Approved by City Council, 8 Dead in Terrorist Truck Driver's Bike Path Rampage, Officials Say, Diner Severely Injured After Biting Down on Stone Found in Taco, Suit Says, Ex-Con Charged in Kips Bay Murder Found Hiding Under Blankets: Prosecutors, Bicyclist Injured After Colliding With Box Truck in Midtown East, NYPD Says. Ms. Johnson, whose great-great-grandfather was a co-founder of the Johnson & Johnson health products manufacturer, grew up on Fifth Avenue in Manhattan. The daughter of Jets owner Woody Johnson and Tila Tequila 's reported fianc Casey Johnson has passed away at the age of 30, according to a Twitter announcement on Tequila's official page. Copyright 2009-2018, New York Public Radio. The Johnson family released a statement, The Associated Press reported, saying it's "mourning its tragic loss, and asks for privacy during this very difficult time." Casey Johnson, Daughter of Jets Owner, Dies at 30, https://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/05/sports/football/05webwoody.html. We can surely understand that. The coach he had hand-picked, Rex Ryan, was the toast of the city, and for once the Giants didn't own Giants Stadium. Ms. Johnsons cousin, Jamie, produced the documentary Born Rich in 2004, in which he interviewed 11 other heirs to similarly vast fortunes, exploring the ways in which inherited wealth had often been, in effect, a curse on their later lives. Maybe you know Casey Johnson, who died Monday at the age of 30, as the heiress to the to the Johnson & Johnson fortune. There's no way to bring her back. Johnson's phone had been turned off since the 29th, Tequila said. "Everyone please pray 4 my Wifey Casey Johnson," Tequila wrote. Johnson's troubled daughter, Casey, died at the age of 30 in West Hollywood. All Rights Reserved. She lived in a very different world a continent away from Florham Park, N.J. Read the press release here. The Jets mean a lot to Johnson, but it is a great clich in sports to speak about a professional team as a family. However, her first marriage ended in 2002. What was supposed to be an exciting week for the head of the playoff-bound Jets organization just turned for the very worst. Los Angeles police officer Sara Faden said the death appeared to be "natural" and that there was "no evidence of foul play." Wake up to the day's most important news. Casey's father, Jets owner Woody Johnson, was at the ceremony at a secret location, along with her mother, Sale, and sisters, Daisy and Jaime, a source close to the family said. A DIVISION OF EMPIRE MEDIA GROUP HOLDINGS LLC. Like after the Cincinnati (wild-card win when he was presented the game ball in the locker room), when I got that ball that was just too many things hitting me at once. The couple, never bashful in their displays of affection, became favorites of the paparazzi. Jets owner Woody Johnson is 'devastated' by death of daughter, Casey Johnson But she was also the daughter of Jets owner Robert "Woody" Johnson. But her life continued to spiral out of control, and her mother, Sale, took custody of Ava in order to protect her. Johnson, the daughter of New York Jets owner Woody Johnson, appears to have last tweeted shortly after 1 a.m. Dec. 29. Crown Heights, Prospect Heights & Prospect-Lefferts Gardens, Woman Bites Police Officer Outside Village Deli, NYPD Says, Ellen Barkin Fumes on Twitter Over Detectives Response Time to Burglary, 48,000 Students With Disabilities Not Getting Help They Need, DOE Admits, Mayor: Terror Suspect Should 'Rot in Prison' But Not Face Death Penalty, 'We Were Just Doing Our Job,' Says NYPD Officer Who Shot Terror Suspect, Here Are the 8 People Killed in the West Side Terror Attack, Terrorist Planned to Continue Killing Spree at Brooklyn Bridge, Feds Say, Survivors of Opioid Epidemic Showcase Artwork at East Harlem Gallery, Man Fatally Shoots Girlfriend, Attempts Suicide Near Cooper Union: NYPD, Columbia Professor Withdraws from School Amid Sexual Harassment Lawsuit, Williamsburg's Controversial Pfizer Rezoning Approved by City Council, 8 Dead in Terrorist Truck Driver's Bike Path Rampage, Officials Say, Diner Severely Injured After Biting Down on Stone Found in Taco, Suit Says, Ex-Con Charged in Kips Bay Murder Found Hiding Under Blankets: Prosecutors, Bicyclist Injured After Colliding With Box Truck in Midtown East, NYPD Says. One really doesn't help the other.". "I thought, 'Geez, it would be kind of weird if I had asked the players to come to play a game after they had tragedy in their family and I don't come,' so I had to do it," he said. Woody Johnson had recently cut off Casey Johnson's trust fund. God bless the Johnsons, and may Casey rest in eternal sleep with the good Lord watching over her. "The Johnson family is mourning its tragic loss, and asks for privacy during this very difficult time," the Jets said in a statement. "He's been great to us, just look around here and you understand that," the player said, about both the practice facility and the coaching staff. By Woody Johnson. Woody Allen sat down for a rare interview with "CBS Sunday Morning" to discuss an allegation by his daughter Dylan Farrow that he sexually assaulted her when she was 7 years old. Just two days removed from the high of a successful run at gaining a playoff berth, I cant think of a more heart-wrenching way to come down. Jets owner Woody Johnson 's troubled daughter Casey, who was battling drugs and alcohol, was found dead Monday in her California home. . After initially posting that Johnson had passed away, Tequila quickly followed with a second post: "Ijust got news that my fiance is not dead but currently in a coma! New York Jets owner Woody Johnson gave his first exclusive sit-down interview after the death of his daughter Casey to Fox Business Network's David Asman. In a statement the Johnson family said it "is mourning its tragic loss, and asks for privacy during this very difficult . (Derer/AP). The body of the 30-year-old socialite, whose worried. Casey Johnson, Daughter of Jets Owner Woody Johnson and Fiance of Tila Tequila, Dies Suddenly Tim Healey January 5, 2010 Party Girl 1 of 5 Partying with the Hiltons 2 of 5 Watch more top. A final cause of death will be determined by coroners officials, who will seek toxicology tests. He's only 3, but he thinks it's pretty good.". Rex Ryan (l.), as well as the rest of the Jets, remain mum on the death of Woody Johnson's (r.) 30-year-old daughter Casey as they near the wild-card game against the Bengals on Saturday. Johnson had been dead for several days before her body was discovered by police, TMZ.com reported.