The actress shared a picture of them on a fishing trip inMontauk. This idea that the Speech and Debate Clause, he's a member of the legislative branch, when he was presiding over that. But it's understandable why people are just down. There were also rumors that he might have left the show for good. The great thing about this country is we can have political dialogue, discourse. They also want to know -- they want accountability to the taxpayer. He originally decided against sending them because his military told them that they would not be useful on the battlefield in this fight. His usual co-anchors Robin Roberts and Michael Strahan have been consistently present over the week, but his absence . Neither ABC News nor Muir responded to a request for comment. George Robert Stephanopoulos, a former Democratic assistant, currently works as a US political analyst and television host. I've seen nothing in the plan that would indicate that there is something that would be beneficial to anyone other than Russia if the Chinese plan were followed. 4 4.Reason behind George Stephanopoulos' absence revealed after 5 5.GMA fans beg for George Stephanopoulos to return to morning 6 6.Robin Roberts, George Stephanopoulos hit milestone on 'GMA' 7 7.This Week With George Stephanopoulos - ABC News; 8 8.Why Is George Stephanopoulos Not on 'GMA?' - Distractify CHRISTIE: Yeah, we have been. Take care? Will you send F-16s? And we'll have more of David's interview later. Chris, we should give you some time off. REPORTER: Are these recognizable names? why is george stephanopoulos not on this week While appearing on Howard Stern on May 13, George commented on the speculation that he would be Alex Trebek's successor as the host of the popular game show Jeopardy. The pair live together in New York City with their two children: Elliott Anastasia Stephanopoulos andHarper Andrea Stephanopoulos. Certainly for the White House, it would be smoother sailing if that could be wrapped up. We are watching closely. RADDATZ: Georgia's grand jury forewoman recommends multiple indictments in the election interference case against Donald Trump, and his allies. I get them. It can knock out targets. His wife often took to social media to share their various adventures. CNN reported that ABC was so eager to appease Stephanopoulos that then-Disney chairman Bob. MUIR: You announced another $2.5 billion in aid to Ukraine today. REPORTER: So, we're talking about more than a dozen people? And we are joined now by President Bidens national security adviser, Jake Sullivan. They know that.". Were not giving them the weapons systems they need that, when we talk to President Zelenskyy, when I talk to our top military commander, say that they need artillery (ph) right now. And so I think that, if we're going to look at the X factor of the economy for President Biden heading into 2024, I think he's potentially in a better position than Democrats were in the midterms, and ultimately the economy did not factor into the midterms as much as we thought it was going to. A tank called the Leopard. EMILY KOHRS: It's not a short list. That was Javelin anti-tank weapons and Stinger anti-air systems. Lees ons privacybeleid en cookiebeleid voor meer informatie over hoe we uw persoonsgegevens gebruiken. And this is actually an example of Joe Biden rallying the global coalition to get Ukraine what it needs. MCCAUL: Well, Chairman Xi and Putin are they have this unholy alliance since the Beijing Olympics. Her co-host Lara Spencer replied: "Guess what, you shouldn't have done that.". BIDEN: I'll let you characterize what they would be. Are we really going to see an 86-year-old president? And this family. You look at his schedule, and -- and typically, this is not a guy who has, you know, spent a ton of time at the White House, more time in Delaware than he's spent in other places. And, you know, but the fact is, if we don't give them -- if they don't get the momentum right now, with the Russian offensive coming into country right now, they have a window of time with the counteroffensive. Nothing can get between Brooke Shields and her self-worth. It is confirmed that both the famous spouse and her husband George contracted COVID-19 during the epidemic. Back in late June, George and Ali took another vacation. RADDATZ: I want to ask you one final question here and back to Congress, about Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene. I mean, look, everybody has a moment, Martha, but we're talking about -- he wants us to watch him. From the mass graves of Bucha, to the withering assaults in the east, wounding or claiming the lives of more than 100,000 Ukrainian troops, many of them citizen volunteers. The last post George shared on social media was on August 5 after a long hiatus. They're all in favor of us putting not only F-16s in but longer-range artillery, to take out the Iranian drones in Crimea. The most important thing was to be there, to be able to show people you were in charge; you were in touch. CNN has made a public spectacle of passing the torch to Jake Tapper from longtime election-night fixture Wolf Blitzer, who will not anchor the cable outlets election desk for the first time since 2004. The journalist has a verified Instagram account and seems relatively active, but he hasnt posted anything in the past week. MUIR: I want to ask about the economy. George Robert Stephanopoulos is not leaving and will stay on as a co-host for Good Morning America. At the beginning of 2020, fans were concerned when George suddenly stopped appearing on the TV show. And so what the president is saying is, hes focused on those capabilities. RADDATZ: And on the F-16s, back to those F-16s, you heard what President Biden said to David Muir. There are no TV Airings of This Week With George Stephanopoulos in the next 14 days. Stephanopoulos has an estimated net worth of $40million, according toCelebrity Net Worth. The GMA host smiled and wore a teal dress shirt and khakis. The change has left some ABC News staffers baffled, with several noting to The Daily Beast how Stephanopoulos, a former Clinton White House senior adviser and longtime political pundit, is considered among the most famous political journalists on TV. We also know theyre buying all their energy from them, economically supporting them. And thats not the way politics should be run. On December 9, all three anchors were missing from the show after reported fury over Amy Robach & TJ Holmes affair. In the second phase, it was heavy artillery to help them hold against the Russians pushing in eastern Ukraine. If you're the defense, you're going to call her in and youre going to ask her to explain all the stuff she was talking about, and it's a distraction for the prosecution. And Letitia James, the the attorney general in in New York literally ran on a campaign promise that he should be scared of her and she will find out where hes laundering all his money. Georges contract also paved the way for him to host four prime-time specials on the network each year. The fact is, you heard with the Abrams tanks, they wont go in for another year. RADDATZ: But -- but you heard Jake Sullivan say, "Look, our military is looking at the ground. In other words, we post severe sanctions on anyone who has done that. MORAN: He should go. The former football star and current Good Morning America host has been absent from the morning talk show all week, however, and now the reason for his absence is reportedly due to a positive. RADDATZ: And, Chris, the president also told David it is "totally legitimate for people to raise concerns" about his age but said it's not a factor in his decision. As Terry said, no rules or laws were broken. And that's what's important. CHRISTIE: Well, look, that's good. He want to take everything. SULLIVAN: I mean I cant go beyond what the president said today, which is for now what were focused on are the things Ukraine needs to be able to retake territory on the ground, in the south and the east. You can see theres some Ukraine fatigue. The leaders of G-7 nations met with Zelenskyy Friday, forcefully calling for Russia to stop its ongoing aggression. 24/7 coverage of breaking news and live events. KHALID: I mean, I think that depends on, sort of, where he goes in the country. Plus, what President Biden told David Muir about running for reelection in 2024, and questions about his age. For instance, here is Papadopoulos on "This Week," telling George Stephanopoulos that Jeff Sessions was MUIR: We know President Zelenskyy continues to say what he really needs are F-16s. Read More: Is Robin Roberts Leaving Good Morning America? They captioned the snaps: "Paris is for lovers" and "Paris night out avec Mon Amour..". Almost anything? JOE BIDEN, PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES: I think things are a little out of whack. RADDATZ (voice over): Intelligence at the time suggested Russian forces would sweep into Ukraine and topple the Zelenskyy government in a matter of days. We -- he's still litigating the -- the war on Ukraine. We have to put the Ukrainians in a position where they can make advances this spring and summer and move to a place where a negotiated she -- they can negotiate from a position of strength. MARTHA RADDATZ, ABC "THIS WEEK" ANCHOR: Good morning, and welcome to THIS WEEK. So is Mike Pence. Everyone I talk to says this. The image posted was captioned: "Greece with my Greek.". You said, in Ukraine, while you were there, that you're seeing increasing momentum towards getting long-range missiles and F-16. SUNDAY MORNINGS - CHECK YOUR LOCAL LISTINGS Streaming here & on Hulu ABOUT February 2023 See All 46:16 Do you know thats what theyre looking at, is sending in drones? Clearly, one of the reasons President Biden went over there was to get support. And he acted. No, all kidding aside, my intention has from has been from the beginning to run, but there's too many other things I have to finish in the near term before I start a campaign. CHRISTIE: Because she's now going to be a witness. RADDATZ: And I want to ask you one final question about China. Pressed by Stephanopoulos on whether the committee will have enough evidence to prosecute the former president, Kinzinger said he's not comfortable making that statement yet but said the committee is continuing to learn new information every day. We have three IG (ph) audits right now. It's also evidence of the fact that prosecutors don't get to pick your grand jurors, right? And I cant get into the specifics of who composed that security contingent, but he was well-protected the whole way. And the only thing I can say is, watch me. Under Mr. Brinkley's stewardship, the program garnered critical acclaim and numerous . We're back in 60 seconds. And, of course, we had the president, a very small number of his team, including myself, and then a strong component of security. He sacrificed for free Europe. We've watched him for two years. I think one of the other, sort of, caveats, though, for the president is this ongoing Justice Department investigation of classified documents. When we come back, the four women of the Georgia grand jury investigating possible election interference by Donald Trump and his allies, revealing indictments could be coming. Catch up on the developing stories making headlines. In August 2021, reports claimed that George Stephanopoulos and co-host Robin Roberts had a fallout over different opinions about how ABC handled sexual assault allegations against Michael Corn. That same day, fellow GMA host Robin Roberts posted about March Madness, but most of the replies to her tweet were questions about George's whereabouts. Thats why this is so important. The news anchor hopes his fans will tune in and support his new show. Wentworth is an actress, producer, author, and philanthropist. I know the administration says, "as long as it takes." Vladimir Putin told the Russian people this week that Chinas President Xi is coming to Russia, likely as early as this spring. Good to see you. There are things he needs now that we're sending him to put him in a position to be able to make gains this spring and this summer going into the fall. The 61-year-old shared details of his chat with Major Tom Schueman and his Afghan translator Zainullah Zaki about their new book. People are worried that they're being forgotten. Be -- be -- how you say? 's latest guest host. RADDATZ: An ABC/Washington Post poll earlier this month found that 50 percent of Republicans believe the U.S. is doing too much to support Ukraine. Muir will continue to lead special coverage, andStephanopoulos will lead breaking news coverage before and after Good Morning America, according to sources who spoke with CNN. I'm being deadly earnest. And we intend to do that. Inflation is still higher than it should be, and, you know, everything from gasoline prices, to a war going on in Ukraine. The couple hugged in a warm embrace while standing outside next to a gorgeous pool. This week, she repeatedly called for a national divorce, to separate the country by red and blue states. We've all been in Ukraine this week. She told us her 23-year-old brother is still missing in Mariupol. And I don't think it's going to get any better. George has been away from his co-hosting duties on GMA this week and fans were starting to wonder why. RADDATZ (on camera): Air raid sirens and power outages are a part of life now here in Lviv, but structurally and physically, the city has been mostly spared. Witnesses and grand jurors can speak, but they usually don't because the prosecutors say, you're going to damage all the work you've done here if you do. White House National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan is interviewed on ABC's "This Week", Sept. 25, 2022. According toHello!, Stephanopoulos was replaced byAmy Robachand weekend anchorWhit Johnson. David Muir pressed the president on 2024 at the White House on Friday, and got his reaction to Americans saying they feel worse off now than when he came into office. They know that if youre re-elected you would be 82 when youre sworn in, youd be 86 at the end of your term. This is not the first time this year, or this Summer, that George has been absent from the show for an extended period of time.