On channel 6, in the 1960s, he hosts shows that are broadcast on Sirius XM satellite radio. Bruce Morrow - Cousin Brucie's FINAL SATELLITE SHOW - August 1 2020It's Legendary radio personality Bruce "Cousin Brucie" Morrow.Cousin Brucie became synonym. Bruce Morrow is a radio performer from the United States who is also known as Cousin Brucie in certain professional contexts. Oldies Party plays the fun hits from the dawn of rock into the Woodstock years. The station also added his nationally syndicated show Cruisin' America. "Knight Rider" and "Magnum P.I." And while Biondi is currently off the air (he's 86), Cousin Brucie (a child of 83) can still be heard on Sirius XM's Sixties on Six Channel . I pay attention to my audience. On Tuesday, August 4 a Farewell live stream was hosted on SiriusXM Octane Instagram Handle. On this Wikipedia the language links are at the top of the page across from the article title. Sonny Chiba, a martial arts master and a Japanese actor who played legendary sword maker Hattori Hanzo in Kill Bill, has died from pneumonia caused by COVID-19. "Ellis Marsalis was a legend. When the Beatles came to America in 1965 and appeared at New York's Shea stadium, "Cousin Brucie" introduced them, and in the 1980s, Morrow was credited with helping push oldies station WCBS-FM to number one. John Prine, one of the most influential and revered folk and country songwriters of the last 50 years, died on April 6 at the age of 73 after being infected with the COVID-19 virus. He was 41. SiriusXM recently had a channel refresh and Z100 has been removed from their station. I'm younger, but listen to 60's stuff bc my parents did, and I'd like to know who and what is being played, not the DJ that's currently on. Phil Valentine, Right-wing radio host, died after more than a month-long battle with COVID. Morrow elaborated on that in a messageon Facebook posted late Thursday: "Cousins, I know that this is a very trying time for all of us. Your email address will not be published. Cousin Brucie is back on WABC, forty-six years after leaving the night show at AM radio's most famous Top 40 calls. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. The program was described as featuring music from the 1950s and 1960s, and "a good touch" of the 1970s.[10]. They have one child. Jack was 76. But the music format will bring them a whole new audience. When Bruce Morrow, the octogenarian disc jockey, announced recently that he was leaving SiriusXM after 15 years, his fans mourned the loss, filling his Facebook page with memories of how his booming voice has entertained them since childhood. ", He spent 13 years at WABC, which at its peak had a 25 percent share of the audience for his show; the station came to plug itself as "WA-Beatles-C." Mr. Morrow warmed up the crowd at the Beatles' concert at Shea Stadium on Aug. 15, 1965. He was 79. She was 89. I have been reading your Posts on the Bulletin Boards. He was 80. The show will be heard on 77WABC and sister station WLIR-FM 107.1 in Hampton Bays, New York. Colin Powell, a former top military officer who rose to become the first Black Secretary of State under President George W. Bush, died on October 18, 2021 at age 84 of complications from COVID. Kick em further down the satellite into the dead air known as sports. Bruce Morrow (born Bruce Meyerowitz on October 13, 1935[1] or October 13, 1937)[2][3] (sources differ) is an American radio performer, known for professional purposes as Cousin Brucie or Cousin Bruce Morrow. The longtime New York area personality and station owner has hosted Wednesday and Saturday night shows for Sirius since the 2005 demise of the Oldies format on 101.1 WCBS-FM New York. The cause was a heart attack, said his daughter, Joy Renee Smith. COUSIN BRUCIE MORROW shared with his SIRIUSXM "60s On 6" listeners that he'd be hanging up the headphones following his show this SATURDAY night. The original group was Joe OBrien, Harry Harrison, Jack Spector, Don Davis, and Jim Harriott. He is Jewish. Meyerowitz has been spinning oldies hits on SiriusXM pop channel "60s on 6 . TimesMojo is a social question-and-answer website where you can get all the answers to your questions. . It was as Wolfman Jack, however, that he became a cult figure and icon of rock-and-roll radio. The 84-year-old radio legend tells Variety that one of the things he's most excited about getting back to after leaving satellite radio behind is commercials. Having the old MTV VJs on the 80s station was a big draw when I switched from XM to Sirius years ago. ?????? Thank you, Thank you for your sensitivity and your good wishes. On June 18, 2020, satellite radio provider Sirius XM dropped WHTZ from its main receiver-based service, offering it only via streaming options (channel 769). When the radio program Cruisin' America ended in December 1992, Morrow continued hosting a WCBS radio program named Cruising with the Cuz Monday evenings until the end of 1993. Maria Mercader, a CBS News veteran who worked for over 30 years as a reporter and talent director, died March 29 after testing positive for coronavirus. Morrow was signed to host oldies programming and a weekly talk program for Sirius, as well as Cousin Brucies Saturday Night Dance Party-Live and Cruisin With Cousin Bruce on Wednesdays. SiriusXM radio personality Cousin Brucie Morrow will leave the station's '60s on 6 radio show after hosting it for 15 years.Morrow announced his plan to step down from hosting the '60s on 6 channel on his radio show Wednesday evening. Legendary radio personality Bruce Morrow, aka "Cousin Brucie," is coming back to WABC/770 AM for a Saturday-night show, starting Sept. 5. After leaving WABC, Morrow also did DJ stints at WNBC/660 AM and WCBS/101.1 FM before moving to satellite radio. You know, people get so involved in their lives with me. Hot on the heels of his big announcement that he is leaving SiriusXM satellite radio, Cousin Brucie Morrow revealed Tuesday that he will return to his roots hosting "Cousin Brucie's. Born in New York City in 1935, Bruce Morrow was a graduate of New York University in the 1950s and began his professional career in radio at WINS 1010 AM in 1959. /. YOU'VE REACHED YOUR MONTHLY ARTICLE LIMIT. 2023 Variety Media, LLC. Theyre in the shower with me, in the car with me, they shop with me, and I can feel it. He was 57. In some cases, they may oversee programming on individual streams or channels. 2023 Variety Media, LLC. Mike became a DJ on Christmas Eve 1973, when the current jock left his show to go shopping. Popular Japanese comedian Ken Shimura, whose career spanned decades, died March 29 due to complications from the coronavirus. John is the gentleman who purchased WABC. In 1986, he began working the Wednesday evening shift, when he hosted The Top 15 Yesterday and Today Countdown. What Happened to Cousin Brucie on SiriusXM 60s on 6? His works included "Master Class," "Love! Wolfman Jack net worth: Wolfman Jack was an American disc jockey who had a net worth of $1 million at the time of his death in 1995. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band and science fiction TV series Babylon 5. All Rights Reserved. Trini Lopez, the singer of "If I Had a Hammer" and an actor in "The Dirty Dozen," died on Aug. 11 from COVID-19. Italian actress Lucia Bos, who starred in such films as Michelangelo Antonionis "Story of a Love Affair" (1950) and Juan Antonio Bardems "Death of a Cyclist" (1955), died on March 23 of pneumonia after contracting COVID-19, according to the Guardian. He worked with such legends as Thelonius Monk, Charles Mingus and Sonny Rollins. The veteran character actor and regular on New York City stages was 69. First of all, they have brand new, state-of-the-art studios that they just moved into last week, and I am going to be one of the first using it. "Cousins, this is literally one of the most exciting projects of my life . There was a certain amount of soul-searching triggered by meeting Cousin Brucie last week at SiriusXM's sparkling Avenue of the Americas studios, where he broadcasts "Cruisin' with Cousin Brucie . Known by millions of listeners as Cousin Brucie, Bruce Morrow is a broadcasting icon. Bruce Morrow, better known as Cousin Brucie, has a dictum that has served him well through four decades on the radio, and he delivers it with a boom. I would assume Cousin Brucie is a big draw to listeners of those stations. The 84-year-old Morrow will depart the SiriusXM 60s on 6 channel but vows he is not retiring. I've become a very familiar character in people's lives. Description: Cousin Brucie's Saturday Night Rock and Roll Party airs live on 77 WABC every Saturday night from 6PM-10PM, featuring music from the 1950s through the 1980s. The group later purchased WPLR in New Haven, Connecticut. On his Wednesday, July 29, 2020, program, he announced he was leaving SiriusXM following that Saturday's broadcast, characterizing it as not a retirement. Cousin Bruce Morrow, the New York radio DJ whose long career reaches from the Beatles at Shea Stadium through satellite radio, is leaving SiriusXM after one last show on Saturday night. "Let them hear it in their dressing room!"). Hot on the heels of his big announcement that he is leaving SiriusXM satellite radio, Cousin Brucie Morrow revealed Tuesday that he will return to his roots hosting "Cousin Brucie's Saturday Night Rock & Roll Party" on 770 WABC in New York. On Sunday nights, Best of Brucie, a compilation culled from his SiriusXM broadcasts, aired. [6], Morrow enrolled as a student at Brooklyn College but transferred to New York University[6] in the Communications Arts Program. Cousin Brucie announced to his 60,000 Facebook followers that Saturday night will be his final. Why is Cousin Brucie not on SiriusXM anymore? [citation needed] and WhyHunger (which in 1975, was founded by Morrow's close friend, the late singer-songwriter, Harry Chapin). The world continues to be upended by the coronavirus pandemic, with more people contracting COVID-19 as the days pass. Although her cause of death was not immediately known, a friend told the Associated Press that she had been diagnosed with COVID-19. Elvis Radio is an all-Elvis Presley station on Sirius XM Radio channel 19 and Dish Network channel 6019. In the fall of 1961 Dan Daniel was hired and Ed Baer joined two weeks after Dan. The DJs add alot to the "nostalgia" stations. The switch makes New York the latest city to lose an oldies station, as broadcasters gradually shake off the format in favor of others that will allow them to reach younger listeners. Yes, Scream VI Marketing Is Behind the Creepy Ghostface Sightings Causing Scares Across the U.S. David Oyelowo, Taylor Sheridan's 'Bass Reeves' Series at Paramount+ Casts King Richard Star Demi Singleton (EXCLUSIVE), Star Trek: Discovery to End With Season 5, Paramount+ Pushes Premiere to 2024.