And why is she still your employee? Knox, according to Meaww, was one of seven children who encouraged the Rutherford County Board of Education earlier this week, at a hearing held on Tuesday, September 7, 2021, to make masks obligatory. YouTube Like it or not. I am puzzled by the willingness of some companies to fire people over conduct unrelated to the workplace. Its not about the kids. Erika Casher, a Cigna nurse, was fired as a result of a viral video in which she appeared to giggle briefly while a Rutherford youngster was narrating about his grandmothers tragic death. This is further proof that to these kinds of people They dont really care about the causes theyre advocating for. The client was a 100 employee machine tooling manufactory that had about 40% female employees. By that reasoning, Sir, it is reasonable for Hobby Lobby to fire a woman for using birth control. eventAction: 'view' That story contains this line, Erica Casher laughs as a Rutherford County Schools student talks about the impact of his grandmothers death from COVID-19., Hey @cigna, why is your employee Erika Casher laughing at this grieving young man who is 10 times as smart and 10000 times as human as she is? As a healthcare provider Im aware of that, said the woman identified in that story as Registered Nurse Erica Casher., She continued to WKRN: But, its been used to take away our individual liberties over the last year. The article explained, She felt masks should be a parents choice.. Erika Casher tennessee cigna Tennessee Cigna Nurse Caught on Video . window.googletag.pubads().addEventListener('slotOnload', function(event) { Upholding public health measures that are based on science, a cornerstone of the nursing profession. This is only one of several such incidents. According to an unverified tweet, Erica Casher was allegedly fired from her job at Cigna. They cant require the payment of the equivalent of union dues to the union. She should be fired for being such a vile and heartless scumbag. Erika Csiszer (born December 24, 1982) is famous for being news anchor. That is their response," Bernstein said. If I contract Covid, I will take it to my family and I talk a lot with my grandparents. How ruthless do you have to be to laugh at a child who talks about the painful death of his grandmother? The lady coughing in the grocery store had a decades long career she built. I don't know if she had it at one time and burned out (that certainly happens) but she's certainly in the wrong profession now. This is who is making decisions about your healthcare? Many users put their skills together to identify her as a Registered Nurse. Who could in the future, for example, bring a weapon to work and harm someone due to their sense of entitlement, and their off duty conduct gave you a clue that could happen but you didnt take steps to prevent it? Good. As I ask upthread, though, how many people who watched that video knew she worked for Cigna before they fired her? In my sample pool, assholes tend to prosper -- or, more to the point, those who prosper tend to be assholes. Bill Lees overreaching opt out order but its something) ALSO: GRADY KNOX, who was mocked while talking about his deceased grandma, will be invited back for an apology. This is not something we should be doing for the education of our students. At-will means they could hire or fire someone for accidents of nature, not for cause. A worker at my company was caught off-duty in a restaurant making racist comments. However, there was no statement from Cigna about the same. Sign Up Log In Messenger Facebook Lite Watch Places Games Marketplace Facebook Pay Oculus Portal Instagram Bulletin Local Fundraisers One pointed out, "I mean how ironic is it that she is holding a sign that says Let our kids smile and laughs at a tragic event this kid spoke about? Why I refuse to recite that bullshit. If this is okay, then firing someone who comes out as gay to his friends on Facebook is too. Right, but she wouldn't have a union protection either. - reddit . So many companies do that these days, which often works against the employee. Casher was quoted in an August 2021 story by WKRN-TV that described her as a registered nurse. Her role as Lydia Martin in the teen drama series Teen Wolf is the one for which she is best known. As behavior norms have changed in recent years, lack of civility has developed, said the Rev. Soon after the clip surfaced, many social media users identified the smirking woman as Erika Casher, a nurse working with Cigna. About | Copyright | Privacy | Terms of service | Contact. ga('ads.send', { That's not what good licensed health care, I guess, but she is a Cigna healthcare worker actively promoting, One's employment is always contingent on their good public behavior. Knox is a junior at Central Magnet School, according to News4Nashville. Article refers only to rumors and some acquaintances comment. The company may have a legal right to fire the woman. On average, Erika Casher works for one company for 2 years 11 months. pic.twitter.com/HYYCJn1FdX, The Original Luzah (@luzah) September 9, 2021. Assholes are not a protected class. Powered by. If we talk about her professional life, she was a registered nurse at Cigna. } The Murfreesboro Holler wrote in an update on Facebook, JUST NOW: Rutherford County Schools approves a mask mandate for 30 days (it will be undercut by Gov. She smiled and appeared to briefly laugh at that point in the video. Erika Casher, a white woman who was seen laughing at a student as he spoke about his grandmother's death due to Covid-19, has been fired from her job. At an Aug. 12 school board meeting, the registered nurse spoke against mandating masks, saying, "It's been used to take away our individual liberties over the last year." MTSU's Stuart Bernstein: Vaccines, masks become 'wedge issues' She probably barely passed her state boards, she's an idiot who doesn't deserve a license. Soon there were calls demanding the termination of Casher from Cigna. document.querySelector("#google_image_div").addEventListener('click',function(){ age if they meet the physical requirements of what amounts to a sedentery job that uses brain instead of brawn any more than not hiring/firing well-groomed "big" women for behind-the-counter. },false) Just as quicklyas anti-maskers have drawn crowds of support, others were quick to humiliate the audience memberlater identified as Erika Casher, the registered nurse whose outward at the school board meeting reaction appeared to discreditKnox's story. On social media, many criticized her for her immature behavior. His physical, A well-known father is Robert Rashford. Users of birth control are not a protected class. ADVERTISEMENT READ MORE }); In a conversation with WKRN News, Casher said: Im concerned about putting [masks] on them. The debate was organized after multiple schools in Tennessee announced that they would be closing in the wake of the rising COVID-19 cases. He has used to take away our individual freedoms for the past year He also added that masks should be a parents choice. #BoycottCigna https://t.co/YLxukoCjed, Keith Olbermann (@KeithOlbermann) September 8, 2021. Were killing people. Any private employer can fire your ass for anything that embarrasses the business. Hope she's out of work for a long time, but that probably won't happen. She wasn't photographed in a supermarket not wearing a mask, but otherwise minding her own business. Link to tweet Link to tweet As per an unverified tweet, Erica Casher was allegedly fired from her job at Cigna. eventAction: 'load' } The U.S. is one of a handful of countries where employment is predominantly at-will. Murfreesboro, Tennessee: The two women behind this young man laughing at him erring on the side of caution makes me super sad pic.twitter.com/WaANNVsM6O. Infection control is an absolute cornerstone of the nursing profession. Our teachers would remind us to behave because we were representing our school. you are a despicable, heartless, useless piece of shit. The Murfreesboro Voice gave her name as Erica Casher, but online records show it is Erika Casher. She shouldnt be allowed to hide behind anonymity. Our brains are wired that way to look for markers of the in group or out group.". She went viral with many social media users asking for her to be fired from her job for her behavior. Go figure - in an at-will state, none of that matters when your employer says "go.". Erica Casher, the adult laughing at the young boy describing . is mark miller of sawyer brown still alive; warren county, tn register of deeds; oral surgeons that accept badgercare; internal revenue service center ogden ut 84201 street address ga('ads.send', { https://t.co/ot6xWPg8qq, This article was first published She provoked outrage on social media after being identified as the woman was seen on video laughing at a young man testifying at a Rutherford County school board hearing about his grandmothers death from COVID-19. Kyriakoudes is optimistic, believingpeople are capable of understanding situations and finding solutions when they focus on problems, not divisions. My objection is to the principle. rudder hall tamu Facebook stone yamashita treasure signs and symbols Twitter difference between saxon and norman churches Instagram hoover 19 park family bloods YouTube summertown studio menu Pinterest. Pretty much every large company has rules about such things, One point that didn't come up is that public sector workers, Only in limited cases and in some cases they may have less protection, True in some ways, but not by statute. Hell, no, but there are reasons for this and I have found workarounds. Everybody was on their good behavior and we had no trouble until the steel erection sub-contractor began assembling the super structure. said and done some questionable things at work and that was just the icing on the cake. Some reasons given for our retention of the at-will presumption include respect for freedom of contract, employer deference, and the belief that both employers and employees favor an at-will employment relationship over job security. Decides to allow you to engage in political speech, great. "The mask tribe and the anti-mask tribe are frustrated and so angry and are absorbed in personal idols and role models who are verbally and physically violent. She was acting in her capacity as a private citizen, not as an employee of the company. We're killing people. I saw that in Williamson County obviously, they did. If a private employer, Removed the reference - certainly looked like her, Someone posted a screenshot of her real one but she has since deactivated it. ", They will ignore the whole thing, @cigna is such a large company one person acting ignorant that is a cog in the wheel won't get a mention from them until their stock plummets and they get backed in a corner. Then he spoke about his grandmother: "This time last year, my grandmother, who was a former teacher at the Rutherford County school system, died of COVID because someone wasnt wearing a mask." As a healthcare provider I'm aware of that," she said. The woman sitting behind him had a Let Our Kids Smile sign. To assume otherwise is silly. Looks like she broke Cigna's code of ethics. , Read Also: Who is Sommer Bannan? Permalink. I personally know nurses, nursing aides, dental hygienists. Everyone has a right to free speech. Erica Casher went viral on social media (some sources have written her name as Erika Casher). This is further proof that these types of people dont actually care about the causes for which theyre advocating. For the families of victims killed in unsolved murders, life is at a standstill. health care personnel to publicly fight against hand washing and sterile technique, as an employer? window.googletag.pubads().addEventListener('impressionViewable', function(event) { Meanwhile, in-depth media reportsare replaced by sound bytes that appeal to a mass audience. "But, it's been used to take away our individual liberties over the last year.". Another added, "Why are there so many in healthcare that are assholes?". some people are just rotten https://t.co/2rEfee3kbR. This shows she is not capable of doing her job. You don't have a right not to face consequences for saying and doing the wrong things. } I don't think all of her Karma was instant. Do something obnoxious or hateful, pay the consequences, play the victim, and start a GoFundMe page! What a horrible company! They weren't our employees, we had a schedule to make, there was no other erection company which could/would perform on budget and to schedule. Good riddance. "I think people are mixing religion with politics.". what happened to erika casher. On September 7, 2021, The Murfreesboro Holler in Tennessee shared a video of the woman identified as Casher sitting behind a young man named Grady Knox who spoke at that meeting. window.adsContainer = {"position2":{"code":"Article_Mobile_Above_Next_Rel","max_width":300,"max_height":250},"position3":{"code":"Article_Mobile_300x250_ATF_Rel","max_width":300,"max_height":250},"position4":{"code":"Article_Mobile_Middle_Rel","max_width":300,"max_height":250},"position5":{"code":"Article_Mobile_Middle1_Rel","max_width":300,"max_height":250},"position6":{"code":"Article_Mobile_Middle2_Rel","max_width":300,"max_height":250},"position7":{"code":"Article_Mobile_Middle3_Rel","max_width":300,"max_height":250},"position8":{"code":"Article_Mobile_Middle4_Rel","max_width":300,"max_height":250},"position9":{"code":"Article_Mobile_Middle5_Rel","max_width":320,"max_height":250},"position10":{"code":"Article_Mobile_Middle6_Rel","max_width":320,"max_height":250},"position11":{"code":"Article_Mobile_Middle7_Rel","max_width":320,"max_height":250},"position12":{"code":"Article_Mobile_Middle8_Rel","max_width":320,"max_height":250},"position13":{"code":"Article_Mobile_Middle9_Rel","max_width":320,"max_height":250},"position14":{"code":"Article_Mobile_Middle10_Rel","max_width":320,"max_height":250},"position15":{"code":"Article_Mobile_Middle11_Rel","max_width":320,"max_height":250},"position16":{"code":"Article_Mobile_Middle12_Rel","max_width":320,"max_height":250}} The claim that a person is "representing" the company at all times is specious, although it is certainly assumed or made explicit in many employment contracts. People are paying the price for ignorance. Thank you for visiting. Every company I've worked for has made it clear that how you behave in public is just as important as your performance on the job as far as continued employment goes. She does not deserve a nursing license, she's the OPPOSITE of a nurse, and I'm glad her stupid nasty ass was canned. many people in the audience had these pre-printed signs. Young Indian Cop Collapses, Dies Suddenly While Exercising at Gym; Heart Attack Caused by Covid-19 Vaccine? Cue here, Casher's laugh. gads_event = event; That nurse deserves everything she got. ga('ads.send', { I guarantee you that this person probably is all anti-union but when the consequences of it affect her kind then they say "not fair". eventAction: 'click_ads' It would be absurd for them to claim that an employee is always "representing" them. Knox, according to Meaww, was one of seven children who encouraged the Rutherford County Board of Education earlier this week . Who is Erica Casher? That's the scary thing. When she was hired, she probably signed some agreement that the company could let her go without cause. And why is she still your employee? I agree with your reaction to this, and the feeling of wrongness. document.querySelector("#ads").addEventListener('click',function(){ Most countries throughout the world allow employers to dismiss employees only for cause. That is what I stepped up to when I accepted the position. If an employee makes important decisions Of course. If she's carrying on like this at work, then by all means fire her ass. Of course, I am glad she got what she deserved. As Knox continued his passionate plea, some in a packed meeting audience took issue with his statement. pic.twitter.com/gxW6CYN5n0. At an Aug. 12 school board meeting, the registered nurse spoke against mandating masks, saying,"Its been used to take away our individual liberties over the last year.. Health care and prevention of disease and the cost of treatment is directly related to her company. Employees have a right to work free from union pressure.. Advertisement Open enrollment begins Next Month. I am planning on Encylopedia Brown books later. Just an update, an acquaintance that works with @Cigna has verified that #ErikaCasher was fired yesterday, My kids call me mom (@NotKel_) September 9, 2021. If you signed up for a contractual obligation, then naturally you should observe it. #BoycottCigna," tweeted a user. The star of "The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills," 49, was dropped by her lawyers following the release of a new Hulu documentary, "The Housewife and the. But the Constitution and federal law do not require them to do so. n/t. Knox, on the other hand, is mocked and even laughed at by some members of the school board audience in the viral video. Erika Casher is a registered nurse who has spoken out against mask mandates in schools at a Tennessee school board meeting. Another added: Why are there so many in the healthcare industry who are idiots?, One noted, I mean, how ironic is it that I have a sign that says Let our kids smile and laugh at a tragic event this kid talked about? One Twitter user said, Some people are just rotten, while another added, A good rule of thumb is that the good guys usually dont laugh at 15-year-olds who tell of their grandmothers death., The two women behind this young man laughing at him erring on the side of caution makes me super sad pic.twitter.com/WaANNVsM6O, Rex Chapman (@RexChapman) September 8, 2021. "This is an avoidable issue, and by not wearing masks in schools, its irresponsible. I suspect it's also a "right to work" state, That is "employment at will." eventAction: 'click_image_ads' But not if it is implicit, IMO. It was incumbent upon us to tamp down the sub's behavior. We had a wise old superintendent who took the entire erection crew aside and mentioned that those women could be their mothers or sisters and how would they like the catcalling on their own family. Tennessee has employment-at-will as many states do. What if the company decides something you *do* like represents them poorly, and is cause for firing? Read More: Gloom, Skyler Joy, Mikayla Demaiter, Abby Labar, Shayna Saide Age, Wiki, Husband, Mother and Biography. Sure it is. There are 2 8ish yr old girls and their older brother I read with. As Knox spoke about his grandmother, Casher, who sat in direct view of the live-streaming camera, rolled her eyes and laughed. ga('ads.send', { Might have something to do with Keith Olbermann outing her sorry ass. Erika Jayne and Tom Girardi have been of embezzling $2 million worth of settlement funds from family members of the Lion Air Flight 610 crash victims. One month ago, Casher has expressed her own public position on COVID-19 and masks at the local school district. How long ago was it, after all, that gays weren't a protected class? If anger is not controlled,Gowda said, it can erupt into violence and abuse. It is kind of a slippery slope. TFG "legitimized" brash, irresponsible behavior, Yes, site given and quick search will confirm. Keith Olbermann, who has more than 999,700 followers on Twitter, was one of those who identified the woman in the video as Erika Casher, writing on Twitter, Hey @cigna, why is your employee Erika Casher laughing at this grieving young man who is 10 times as smart and 10000 times as human as she is? They are higher risk than me, so I dont want to give them COVID. He added: This time last year, my grandmother, who was a former teacher at the Rutherford County school system, died of COVID because someone wasnt wearing a mask.. He then spoke about his grandmother: This time last year, my grandmother, who was a teacher in the Rutherford County school system, died of COVID because someone was not wearing a mask. More:Smyrna father of four helps lead 'Sick Out' protest in Rutherford County for COVID-19 safety in schools, Tale of 2 states:COVID hospitalizations in Tennessee more than 5 times higher than Massachusetts. "Hey @Cigna what are your thoughts about this woman, Erika Casher, one of your case managers in Tennessee, laughing at a kid telling an audience about the tragic loss of his grandmother due to COVID? This is because the first amendment says nothing about private employer actions; it restricts some governmental actions. I couldnt connect to the link to see if there were other factors involved here but if firing her was do only to this then I think that is going too far IMO. Contact tracing has been a big problem for students this year because we all know that if we do contact tracing, we will miss at least a week of school. What is the Net Worth of Robert Rashford? Im concerned about mandating them [masks]. Her name is Erika Casher. Just an update, an acquaintance that works with @Cigna has verified that #ErikaCasher was fired yesterday, When some users asked for proof, the user explained, "They will ignore the whole thing, @cigna is such a large company one person acting ignorant that is a cog in the wheel won't get a mention from them until their stock plummets and they get backed in a corner. Would you want to be told you HAD to retain an asshole employee? I have been upset about this since it was first reported. Further, if a company has a right to fire someone for their conduct off the job, they have a right to not hire them in the first place, for whatever arbitrary reason they decide poorly represents the company. If it was a pro-life organization, they should have the ability to fire employees who show up at pro choice rallies if the state laws allow it. Every state in the U.S. except Montana has what is called "at-will" employment. I saw that in Williamson County, obviously, they did. His grandmother reportedly lived at Adams Place retirement community in Murfreesboro before she died of Covid-19. She deserves it all, I love it that the GOP's much loved "at-will" employment caper is finally starting to bite them, https://www.ncsl.org/research/labor-and-employment/at-will-employment-overview.aspx, https://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=view_post&forum=1014&pid=2798860, https://www.democraticunderground.com/1017680517, https://pmatep5f7b.execute-api.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/ProdStage. As a healthcare provider, Im aware of that. "Just an update, an acquaintance that works with @Cigna has verified that #ErikaCasher was fired yesterday," a social media user said. SHAMEFUL: When A RUTHERFORD COUNTY STUDENT tells the board his grandmother, a former Rutherford County Schools teacher, DIED OF COVID because someone wasnt wearing a mask anti-maskers behind him LAUGH and INTERRUPT HIM, the caption read. The public is curious as to why Tennesse Cigna Nurse Erika Casher was fired. Thats a week of instruction, a week of teacher contact that were going to miss, Knox continued. Don't understand your concern on confirmation? eventCategory: event.slot.getSlotElementId(), Anon-C This message was self-deleted by its author. I work for a large healthcare organization and part of orientation was warning us. Erica Casher is one of your employees, A NURSE. "Her name is Erika Casher and she works for @cigna. Click to learn more about applying for a charitable grant to get the financial support you need, reads the companys most recent post on Twitter, which was shared on September 9. As the audience continued to boo, the chairman of the board, Coy Young, spoke. God Blessin MurKKKa. They have the right to protect their image. Our project's location forced all their employees to walk adjacent to us from the parking lot to the main entrance. ga('ads.send', { According to a police officer who spoke to the media, the attack was Snyder, who was remembered in his obituary as a "well-rounded student Pakistan grabs classified Afghan documents, Planes fly back from Kabul with bags. But if she conducts herself in a professional and competent manner on the job -- which we do not know -- then I do not believe a company should have a right to fire her for being an asshole. "But because you are stuck in a group, the only way to get to the goal is to work together.". The #BraveOfHeartFund aims to support families of fallen health care workers who lost their lives in the fight against #COVID19. "For a person who does not have a strong self-esteem and strong sense of self, then its too easy to latch onto meaning and significance outside of themselves, Mathis said. In a conversation with WKRN News, Casher said: "I'm concerned about putting [masks] on them.I saw that in Williamson County, obviously, they did.