The Independent has contacted Middleditchs representatives for comment. ", Thomas Middleditch and his wife, Mollie Gates, "created [their] own rules" when it came to their unique lifestyle, the actor told Playboy. The series premiered in late 2014. The comedians Kumail Nanjiani and Thomas Middleditch said they were accosted by supporters of President-elect Donald Trump on Friday, in the Los Angeles neighborhood of Silver Lake. Alice Wetterlund, who played engineer Carla Walton in six episodes of the HBO comedy Silicon Valley, has spoken, tweeting on 21 March: "Tried to warn you all about Middleditch but noooooo not everyone's favorite tinyman who looks like he lives in a clock! Thomas Steven Middleditch (born March 10, 1982) is a Canadian and American comedian, actor and screenwriter. Speaking out specifically against the actor was Hannah Harding, who recalled that Middleditch made lewd sexual overtures toward her and her girlfriend on the night of October 22, 2019. "We're not off on our own; we're together, a unit. The simmering issues around harassment soon collided with the club's response to the Black . Reps for Middleditch did not return emails seeking comment. Thomas Middleditch and Ben Schwartz do long-form improv in front of a live audience in their Netflix special and produce some truly hilarious lines. Jeffery Neira / Netflix. But when Bravin contacted Harding and questioned her allegations, she concluded that the club owners "cared more about famous people at their club than women's safety.". 78. It was not my experience that anyone was bullying her or being mean to her. Wetterlund has previously spoken out about Middleditch and her experience on the set of Silicon Valley, where she said T.J. Millerwhose character was written off the show after he was accused of sexual assault in 2017and his bully behavior was enabled by male cast members: During the A.V. But I've learned to keep things a little more close to the chest. News I dont know where Im going with that, but I dont really know enough about [the allegations against Miller] to comment on. To her credit, instead of saying, 'F**k you, I'm out,' she was like, 'Let's figure this out. Als u uw keuzes wilt aanpassen, klik dan op 'Privacyinstellingen beheren'. Thomas Middleditch, "Silicon Valley" Photographed by William Callan for TheWrap. Months later, Wetterlund shared her perspective on Miller and his alleged enablers, tweeting: I hope to not ruin it for you, but TJ Miller was a bully and petulant brat and pretty much everyone who had any power on that (almost all male) set, including the male cast members, enabled him and were complicit in his unprofessionalism. However, Middleditch had a different idea of what relationships were like before he tied the knot. Added Bravin in a separate statement: "Our goal from day one was to create the safest space possible.". "They still care deeply for each other and will move forward as friends," a source close to the pair divulged to People. The allegations against the actor, who starred in HBO series Silicon Valley, were part of a . Deadline is a part of Penske Media Corporation. [4] This was a result of a "random" audio sketch he once made for a stand-up routine which he would later animate himself and pitched to several people, including Mike Judge's production partners John Altschuler and Dave Krinsky, who would later create the show. Shutterstock One reason listed for the payout is Middleditch's September 2019 Playboy interview, in which he admitted they were swingers . Godzilla: King of the Monsters stars Thomas Middleditch and O'Shea Jackson Jr. take the WIRED Autocomplete Interview and answer the internet's most searched questions about themselves and the . 'Silicon Valley' said goodbye to Erlich in the most Erlich way possible. 2023 USA TODAY, a division of Gannett Satellite Information Network, LLC. I mean, he calls him a fat loser. You dont say that to a friend," he said. ", Later in the interview, Miller, commenting on reports around his departure, said, I guess some people are like, 'Ah, I guess hes got too much going on, hes too big for the show.' "It was poor execution. On December 12, 2011, he joined Jay Roach's The Campaign, starring Will Ferrell and Zach Galifianakis. Season 2's third episode t Makes sense that he would have made a lot of friends during that time, so I give a lot of leeway when it turns out people I like have been friends with him (a member of one of my favorite bands, Death From Above 1979, hung out with him well into the Proud Boys being a thing, but it seems like the . AliExpress.com Product - 2020 Women Satin Deep V Neck Sexy Dress Solid Straight Pajamas Party Dress Elegant Female Summer Spaghetti Strap Dress Casual Following his character's exit from Silicon Valley , TJ Miller gave a pretty candid, bonkers interview to The Hollywood Reporter, in which he didn't hold back. During the interview, he said he said he wanted to step aside, and that Middleditch, who plays Richard Hendriks, "always wanted to be a star. https://t.co/YxGHiSYMrJ, Alice Wetterlund (@alicewetterlund) July 18, 2018. Yup. I was treated unprofessionally, singled out and there was cruelty but I was not abused.". Miller was accused of sexually assaulting a woman he went to college with in an interview withThe Daily Beastpublished December 19. Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series, Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series, Phineas and Ferb the Movie: Candace Against the Universe, Star Wars: The Old Republic - Rise of the Hutt Cartel, Best Actor Television Series Musical or Comedy, "Thomas Middleditch and Patrick Stewart on Doing Standup, Nicknames and Crazy Fan Encounters", "The top 5 wireless ads: T-Mobile spends almost $30M on Netflix ads", "Thomas Middleditch of 'Silicon Valley' on Doing Verizon Ads and Flying His Own Plane", "Inside With: Thomas Middleditch, Non-Comedian and Actor", "Johnny Knoxville, Unique Blend of Cast Join 'Fun Size' Comedy", "Middleditch in Warners' team of 'Rivals', "Tyler Labine, Damon Wayans Jr., Lucy Punch Starring in Comedy 'Someone Marry Barry', "Thomas Middleditch Cast As Dwight's Brother On 'The Office' Spinoff", "T.J. Miller, Thomas Middleditch Cast In Mike Judge's HBO Comedy Pilot 'Silicon Valley', "2016 Emmy Nominations: Complete List of Nominees", "Disney XD Orders Animated Series 'Penn Zero: Part-Time Hero', "Four More Sign on to Tangle with The Final Girls Including The Vampire Diaries' Nina Dobrev", "Sebastian Stan can't out-fox Thomas Middleditch on The Bronze red carpet", "Ed Helms, Kevin Hart Slip Into DreamWorks Animation's 'Captain Underpants', "Idris Elba, Rosario Dawson & Thomas Middleditch Star In Sheldon Candis-Directed 'NBA 2K20' Trailer For LeBron James' SpringHill Entertainment", "Thomas Middleditch and Ben Schwartz on Convincing Netflix to Buy Its First Improv Special", "Thomas Middleditch To Headline CBS Comedy Pilot 'B Positive' From Chuck Lorre & Marco Pennette", "Actor You Should Know: Annaleigh Ashford of New CBS Comedy 'B Positive', "Silicon Valley's Thomas Middleditch Engaged to Girlfriend Mollie Gates: "They're Both Very Happy", "Playboy's 20Q: Silicon Valley's Thomas Middleditch", "Thomas Middleditch and Wife Mollie Have Split After 4 Years Of Marriage", "Thomas Middleditch Ordered to Pay $2.6 Million to Ex Mollie Gates in Divorce Settlement", "L.A. Goth nightclub known for rituals and secrecy has closed amid sexual misconduct claims", Satellite Award for Best Actor in a Television Series Musical or Comedy, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Thomas_Middleditch&oldid=1142495713, Naturalized citizens of the United States, Upright Citizens Brigade Theater performers, Short description is different from Wikidata, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0, Voice role; also songwriter for "Saturday", 61 episodes; also writer: "Ultrahyperball", Main role, also the creator and executive producer, Episode: "Money Laundering: A How-To Guide", This page was last edited on 2 March 2023, at 18:40. [8] Due to immigration issues, he worked various cash jobs until Charna Halpern sponsored him to get his work visa. U kunt uw keuzes te allen tijde wijzigen door te klikken op de links 'Privacydashboard' op onze sites en in onze apps. [39] They were married on August 22, 2015, in Middleditch's hometown. Sign up for our Email Newsletters here. Despite the fact that they're going their separate ways, it seems like Middleditch and Gates are trying to keep things cordial. By subscribing, I agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. [35], In October 2020, Middleditch began playing the lead role of Drew Dunbar in the CBS comedy series B Positive which was written by Chuck Lorre. Bravin later reached out to Harding about her complaint but, she asserts, told her she must have been wrong. The year before, after Middleditch called the #MeToo movement scary following a sexual assault allegation against fellow Silicon Valley star TJ Miller, Wetterlund tweeted that her time on the show had been kind of a nightmare. Allegations against Middleditch, who currently stars in CBS live-action comedy B Positiveand Hulus animated Solar Opposites,came to light Sunday in a Los Angeles Times expos that detailed incidents of sexual misconduct at Hollywood club Cloak & Dagger, which since has shuttered. But the love/hate relationship with Middleditch wasn't the only thing Miller touched on. Actor-comedian Thomas Middleditch on the set of "Late Night With Seth Meyers" in November 2019. . Middleditch previously opened up to Playboy about deciding to have an open marriage with Gates, but went on to express regret over the interview. Interviews with leading film and TV creators about their process and craft. I am so ashamed I made you uncomfortable. Yeah, so I think, to be honest, everybody involved is happier.. ", He continued, "We have different speeds but it's better than feeling unheard and alone and that you have to scurry in the shadows. Get our latest storiesin the feed of your favorite networks. By Mick Joest. He's done iO, Second City, Upright Citizens Brigade, you know, the usual. By Alissa Wilkinson @alissamarie alissa@vox.com Apr 21, 2020, 10:40am EDT. On this Wikipedia the language links are at the top of the page across from the article title. In conversation with the Times, 10 women including four of Cloak & Daggers past employees claimed that co-founders Adam Bravin and Michael Patterson repeatedlyhad ignored accusations of harassment on the part of members like Middleditch. Head over to AV Club to read Middleditchs full interview. Wij, Yahoo, maken deel uit van de Yahoo-merkenfamilie. According to court documents obtained by People which were filed on May 28, 2020 Gates cited irreconcilable differences as the reason for filing and asked for spousal support. Thomas Middleditch has somewhat broken his silence on the sexual assault allegations against his former Silicon Valley co-star T.J. Miller. "Tried to warn you all . "Their ads are annoying" is better than "hey remember how chevys had so many issues" or just forgetting about the brand entirely when shopping. The controlled chaos of an improv show gets expanded to a full hour in Middleditch and Schwartz, a Netflix special/collection of three distinct taped performances showcasing actors Thomas . Silicon Valley star Thomas Middleditch is the latest Hollywood star to be publicly accused of sexual misconduct.. Hes always wanted to be the star of the show. "I wasn't expecting it. Its like we live in a world where currently the climate, lets say, is where a jaccuse will really turn your world upside down.. No one wants to be either on a show that theyre kind of ready to move on from, or around someone whos on a show that they are ready to move on from. Thomas Middleditch 's Silicon Valley co-star has weighed in on the recent sexual misconduct accusation he's facing. ", On March 22, Wetterlund wrote on Twitter: "I wanna be clear about something, I'm not a survivor. HBO and the producers have always taken very seriously our responsibility to create a welcoming and congenial environment for everyone who works on the show.". In the report, a woman named Hannah Harding recalled Middleditch who was a member of the club making lewd sexual overtures towards her and her girlfriend in October 2019, as well as groping her and another woman on the dance floor. Miller. [4][9] He appeared in the 2009 romantic comedy Splinterheads, portraying the lead role of Justin Frost. An audience tale of love, music festivals and parking lots sets the stage for Thomas and Ben to act out a wild wedding. "I didnt talk to Alec because I dont like Alec, but I think Mike Judge and Clay Tarver are brilliant," he said. Unfortunately, it's not exactly a surprise that Middleditch and Gates decided to split since the Hollywood star wasn't afraid to talk about his marital issues in interviews. [4], While living in New York City, Middleditch began acting in commercials. Published Jul 14, 2020. Most of the comedian's co-stars from his previous show Silicon Valley and current series B Positive have not reacted publicly to the allegations. He is known for playing Richard Hendricks from Silicon Valley. During the interview, he said he said he wanted to step aside, and that Middleditch, who plays Richard Hendriks, "always . The woman says she was raped by Miller and that he became physically violent with her during sex. Marriages:'Silicon Valley' star Thomas Middleditch reveals swinging 'saved' his marriage, Harding also claimed that Middleditch apologized for his actions in an Instagram direct message, which she showed the Los Angeles Times. [4] His first job was acting in Canadian Heritage Plays for his hometown. It's embarrassing. In 2007 a sketch video for Chicken McNuggets he made with Fernando Sosa in Chicago was purchased by McDonald's and used as a commercial. Im just saying its a little bit scary., Related Sign up for our Email Newsletters here. Middleditch is accused of very bad behavior in a now closed L.A. Goth nightclub called Cloak and Dagger. 566 following. "Truthfully, I felt like it was difficult to work with her because she kept interrupting Zach Woods during takes and even when she was off camera. [24], On April 23, 2013, he was added to the cast of the comedy film Search Party, playing Nardo, who travels to Mexico to win his fianc back, starring alongside one of his Silicon Valley alumni, T.J. Miller also responded to these allegations. Please refresh the page or navigate to another page on the site to be automatically logged inPlease refresh your browser to be logged in, Middleditch has been accused of groping women at a now-closed Hollywood club, Find your bookmarks in your Independent Premium section, under my profile, Wetterlund (right) has spoken out about Middleditch in the past. I think that term is applied to folks who experienced rape or violent or targeted harassment and were made to feel unsafe. She said she reported the incident to the nightclub and received a response from Bravin about a . So far, CBS has not released any statement about the actor's involvement on the show. T.J. Miller is leaving 'Silicon Valley' so what's the point anymore? You've probably seen him in almost every commercial of late . Thomas Middleditch and wife Mollie Gates have split after more than 4 years of marriage. The documents also show that Gates, 33, will not receive spousal support from Middleditch, 39, but will keep all the possessions she owned before the former couple wed in August 2015. And stage. Morgan, who worked at the club for three years, said Patterson "wanted to have a 'real cult,' " and that she and other staffers "felt complicit but realized we'd been duped.". Karena serangkaian kesibukan, aneka macam film yang belum ditonton dan ditulis. Former "Silicon Valley" actor Thomas Middleditch has been accused of making unwanted sexual overtures and groping two women at the now-closed Hollywood Goth club Cloak & Dagger in October 2019. The 39-year-old B Positive star has agreed to pay his former partner $2.625 million, which she . . TJ Miller and Thomas Middleditch really don't like each other, apparently. Want to bookmark your favourite articles and stories to read or reference later? Everyone Practices Cancel Culture | Opinion, Deplatforming Free Speech is Dangerous | Opinion. Silicon Valley star Thomas Middleditch and his wife, Mollie Gates, called it quits after almost five years of marriage in May 2020. Subscribe to Deadline Breaking News Alerts and keep your inbox happy. Following his character's exit from Silicon Valley, TJ Miller gave a pretty candid, bonkers interview to The Hollywood . Thomas Middleditch isn't holding back when it comes to his sex life. Perhaps the biggest eyebrow raise is regarding the comments Miller leveled at his co-star, Thomas Middleditch. [36][37] The series was originally supposed to air in March 2020, but production was halted due to the COVID-19 pandemic; however, filming of the pilot had already taken place and so the show was moved to be CBS' only fall debut. Middleditch is yet to speak publicly about the allegations. A seasoned improv vet who cut his teeth in groups like The Improvised Shakespeare Company and most . 349K followers. Miller., calling the #MeToo movement a scary and tricky thing for men. Personally, [fame] is one of the trickier elements of it all, because Mollie doesnt get that and yet she has to witness it., Said Wetterlund, The shocker here for me was that he HAS female fans?! https://t.co/LF6TSLqaiU, Alice Wetterlund (@alicewetterlund) September 18, 2019, The year prior, In an interview the A.V. Clubs own interview with Middleditch earlier in 2018, the actor skirted around directly addressing the allegations against Miller, and described navigating the world post-#MeToo as tricky: Speaking as a guy, as a man, as a male human, its kind of scary, with this fervor thats surrounding it, where an allegation can just pop up and then its really incumbent upon you to fervently defend your character. It's not the first time Wetterlund has tweeted about Middleditch. [4] His parents are British. In conversation with the Times, Harding also shared Instagram direct messages from Middleditch. During B Positive Season 1 Episode 14 (titled "Love Life Support"). Let's take a look at their rather interesting relationship. "I don't know how much I can say, because I don't want my wife to be mad at me," he told Playboy. Speaking on Jim Norton and Sam Roberts' Sirius XM radio show in August 2018, he said: "She may have had that experience, but it's people trying to enter the headlines and get into the media cycle. The latest bombshell is that he and leading man . [6], He studied theatre at the University of Victoria before moving to Toronto, where he auditioned for and enrolled in George Brown Theatre School, but never began his course. " [C]ompared to most of the people we've met who do this kind of s**t, our rules are strict," he added. Like, just do your fing thing. Silicon Valley star Thomas Middleditch is the latest Hollywood star to be publicly accused of . You will be redirected back to your article in, The year prior, In an interview the A.V. The Silicon Valley star was ordered to pay Gates, a costume designer, $2.625 . Club, Middleditch discussed a sexual assault allegation made against his former Silicon Valley co-star T.J. They cared more about famous people at their club than women's safety.". SEE ALSO: T.J. Miller is leaving 'Silicon Valley' so what's the point anymore? [5] He was cast in a play in eighth grade which he said "changed everything" for him. For what it's worth, The Emoji Movie, in which Miller voices the main character, opens July 28. Well, maybe just a little bit. Speaking of the latter, Wetterlund tweeted, "I love Jimmy so damn much! Year 1971. Obviously, there was some sort of disconnect because she's saying these negative things about me and then attacking the mostly all-male cast of Silicon Valley. By Ryan Schwartz / May 15 2021, 3:30 PM PDT. Middleditch will continue to lead the comedy when season five debuts March 25. He has voiced Penn Zero in the Disney XD animated series Penn Zero: Part-Time Hero (20142017), Harold Hutchins in Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie (2017), Sam Coleman in Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019) and Terry in the Hulu adult animated sci-fi series Solar Opposites. [2][3], Middleditch was born on March 10, 1982, in Nelson, British Columbia, Canada. 'Silicon Valley' star Thomas Middleditch on series finale, Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy. Im not gonna dive into whats real or not. He also acted in The Office, DC League of Super-Pets, Penn Zero: Part-Time Hero, Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie and Solar Opposites. According to the Daily Mail, just two months after Middleditch popped the question, the couple tied the knotinCanada, where the actor is from. The term swinging is old. OnSilicon Valley, Wetterlund recurred as coder Carla Walton over the course of six episodes. Currently, Middleditch is starring in CBS comedy B Positive. . We want to hear from you! This comes nearly three years after Wetterlund released a series of tweets in which she discussed her time working on Silicon Valley. citizen. Comedy duo Thomas Middleditch and Ben Schwartz turn small ideas into epically funny stories in this series of completely improvised comedy specials. Speaking as a guy, as a man, as a male human, its kind of scary, with this fervor thats surrounding it, where an allegation can just pop up and then its really incumbent upon you to fervently defend your character. Thomas Middleditch was named in a March 21 LA Times story about sexual misconduct at Los Angeles goth bar Cloak & Dagger. WEATHER ALERT: Severe Thunderstorm Warning for Hancock, Henry, and Madison County in IN until 4:15pm EDT Two locations embedded within these storms have potential for damaging wind gusts as they move east at 30 mph. Only after I got married was I like, Mollie, Im sorry, but we have to get nontraditional here,' the actor said. The Emmy- and Golden Globe-nominated comedy wrapped up its sixth and final season in December 2019. This portable projector plays your movies in crisp, high-contrast, 1080p detailno matter where you are. "If we're being truly honest with ourselves, you'll see I'm not 100 percent kind all the time. Buyer Thomas Middleditch. Survey:How common is sexual misconduct in Hollywood? Thomas Middleditch was born on March 10, 1982 in Nelson, British Columbia, Canada to British parents. [4] He relocated to Chicago, where he took classes at The Second City and iO Theater, while also performing regularly. Please refresh the page or navigate to another page on the site to be automatically logged in, Please refresh your browser to be logged in, Alice Wetterlund says she warned people about Thomas Middleditch, Line of Duty viewers spot worrying Steve Arnott morse code detail, Sanjeev Bhaskar reacts to savage Unforgotten ending that left viewers screaming, Kate Garraway says she may have to give up Good Morning Britain job, Jeremy Clarksons vitriol against Meghan picks up where Piers Morgan left off, Extra 20% off selected fashion and sportswear at Very, Up to 20% off & extra perks with Booking.com Genius Membership, $6 off a $50+ order with this AliExpress discount code, 10% off selected orders over 100 - eBay discount code, Compare broadband packages side by side to find the best deal for you, Compare cheap broadband deals from providers with fastest speed in your area, All you need to know about fibre broadband, Best Apple iPhone Deals in the UK March 2023, Compare iPhone contract deals and get the best offer this March, Compare the best mobile phone deals from the top networks and brands. AP. Months later, Wetterlund shared her perspective on Miller and his alleged enablers, tweeting: I hope to not ruin it for you, but TJ Miller was a bully and petulant brat and pretty much everyone who had any power on that (almost all male) set, including the male cast members, enabled him and were complicit in his unprofessionalism. This bodes well for Drew Dunbar's kidney transplant: CBS has renewed Chuck Lorre's B Positive for Season 2, TVLine has learned . When HBO's Silicon Valley first premiered in 2014, the hyper-anxious mannerisms of the show's tech savant hero, Richard Hendricks, as played by Thomas Middleditch, made him unlike any other . All Rights Reserved. In real life, Thomas Middleditch seemingly bears little resemblance to the neurotic yet affable geek he portrayed for six seasons on the hit HBO series "Silicon Valley.". "Adam called me 'to make sure and get a second opinion on him,'" Harding said, apparently referring to Middleditch, "because they didn't trust my story in the first place. Just dont know about it, really. "Yeah, nobody likes him. Reports: 3 children dead, 2 wounded in attack at Texas home, Kellyanne Conway, George Conway To Divorce After Decadeslong Marriage: Report, School punished teen girl for working out in sports bra in 100-degree Texas heat, ACLU says, U.S. court won't require FAA to make airplane seat size, spacing rules, 'Extremely dangerous': Spike in illegal crossings at Canada-Vermont border has feds sounding alarm, SoCal in for cool start to weekend, but light rain makes brief return, Rarest Photographs of Iconic Historical Figures, AccuWeather: Clouds and wind into Saturday AM, Mizzou implodes in SEC Tournament, as the program asks what's next, Did Arkansas women's basketball do enough to make March Madness? Middleditch and Gates got engaged in June 2015. Asked about Silicon Valley co-star Kumail Nanjiani, she wrote: "yeah maybe don't make him your faveYeah he's the absolute worst. Sunday was not the first time Middleditch found himself caught up in controversy, nor did it mark Wetterlunds first time calling him out. "To be honest, it's a thing I wish I could take back. HBO Richard Hendricks . The actor said Millers departure was the right move for the series. After the Los Angeles Times reported on a misconduct allegation against Thomas Middleditch, his Silicon Valley co-star, Alice Wetterlund, said she "Tried to warn" everyone. ", After her complaint, Harding also recalledwitnessing Middleditch groping other women. Thomas Middleditch A professional goof of the large and small screen. It was poor execution. Middleditch tried to elaborate on his point by briefly referencing the Aziz Ansari allegations, which he calls kind of absurd. Ansari was accused of sexual misconduct by an anonymous woman in January who described a date in which the comedian behaved inappropriately. Gates filed for divorce on the grounds . Thomas Middleditch and Mollie Gates. He discovered improv in grade school from performing with Theatresports. When did Thomas Middleditch and Mollie Gates marry? The allegations against him were detailed . In response, the comedian tweeted: "TJ Miller was a bully and petulant brat and pretty much everyone who had any power on that (almost all male) set, including the male cast members, enabled him and were complicit in his unprofessionalism. More games at twitch.tv/middleditch or follow me on Instagram @Tombini In March, the Los Angeles Times published an expose about the shuttered Hollywood club Cloak & Dagger, in which 21-year-old club-goer Hannah Harding says Middleditch made "lewd sexual overtures" toward her and her girlfriend. [25] Middleditch made a small cameo appearance in the 2013 film The Wolf of Wall Street as a broker who is fired for cleaning his fish bowl during office hours. ", Interestingly enough, in a recent interview with The Wrap, Middleditch said of Miller's leaving, Theres been articles, too big for the show, but thats one way of putting it, thats for sure.. B Positive is going in a whole new direction, complete with a revamped opening title sequence that puts Annaleigh Ashford's Gina Dabrowski front and center. ", Thomas Middleditch made it clear in an interview with Playboy that he didn't mind discussing his interesting lifestyle, but noted his wife, Mollie Gates, is "more private.