[27] This part starkly contrasted with his appearance in the lighthearted romantic comedy, Picture Perfect (1997). Next, check out Kevin Bacon's best roles ever! Therefore, its best to minimize your intake and enjoy bacon as an occasional treat rather than a daily staple. ", Kevin and Kyra's children have both followed in their footsteps. ", The candy company wanted him to star in a commercial where he would play a giant peanut M&M version of himself that would have sung and danced to "Footloose." In fact, shes one of the youngest Bacons to get sucked into the Hollywood hills fame and fortune. Cooper. I didn't have a manager, I wasn't going to pay someone another 15 percent to tell me what to do -- I know what to do. Studio exec Dawn Steel didn't think he was "fuckable," and wanted Tom Cruise or Rob Lowe to play Ren. On July 15, 2010, it was confirmed that Bacon would appear in Matthew Vaughn's X-Men: First Class as mutant villain Sebastian Shaw. According to Celebrity Net Worth, Kevin Bacon has a net worth in 2023 of $45 million. He has revealed that he has been suffering from anxiety, which includes panic attacks and tremors, since he was around age 30 in 1988. Combine that with an immense ego and you wind up with an actor. He is known for his work in Balto, National Lampoon's Animal "I wanted life, man, the real thing", he later recalled to Nancy Mills of Cosmopolitan. A. I balance what I would consider really healthy eating with crap sometimes. Recently, the actor took to social media and shared a photo from the early days of his relationship with the actress.. Though the clip was obviously a spoof -- with the actor who famously appeared naked in Wild Things and Hollow Man campaigning for more full frontal male nudity in Hollywood -- Bacon told Business Insider in 2015 that some viewers thought it was a real PSA. But of course, that's just not possible. Bacon commented: "I don't get it, when I see films (that) are extremely violent, extremely objectionable sometimes in terms of the roles that women play, slide by with an R, no problem, because the people happen to have more of their clothes on."[32]. Anxiety disorder does not go away with time. Q. If you hate Valentine's Day, that is. Both HCAs and AGEs are produced by a chemical . If you wish to change your mind and would like to stop receiving communications from hellomagazine.com, you can revoke your consent by clicking on "unsubscribe" in the footer of the newsletter. Kevin Bacon is an actor who is known not only for his acting career, but also for his commitment to health and fitness. Bacon and Sedgwick are independent creators, and because of that, they know how to collaborate. It's about what the director's vision was for this character. His birthdate is 8th July 1958 and his birthplace is Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, the United States. Yeah, I mean, I like to dance. High-intensity, short periods of time are much more beneficial for me. Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon or Bacon's Law is a parlor game where players challenge each other to arbitrarily choose an actor and then connect them to another actor via a film that both actors have appeared in together, repeating this process to try to find the shortest path that ultimately leads to prolific American actor Kevin Bacon.It rests on the assumption that anyone involved in the . I dance around the kitchen, do some you know, quarantine dancing around the kitchen with my wife sometimes. Kevin Bacon has a very good career and he is one of the successful actors in the industry. Q. MORE:Kevin Bacon is 'unrecognisable' in terrifying photo that sparks reaction, MORE:Sosie Bacon shares worrying update with fans, "I will always remember chatting about his love of Django Reinhardt and jazz guitar during our long, hot days in the high desert. Fake-con -- whose home included a Tremors poster, Bacon's Footloose tuxedo, and an embroidered Bacon portrait -- crossed his fingers for good luck in making it happen. Born the youngest of six on July 8, 1958, the theater major from Philadelphia has had a legendary career whose persona is both a punchline and revered at the same time -- there are very few people who can strike that confounding balance over 40-odd years of acting gigs. The couple have two children, Travis and Sosie. From time to time, famous personalities have come forward to share their struggles with anxiety and panic attacks publically, encouraging millions of people to seek help at the right time. Known for his leading man and character roles, Bacon has received numerous accolades including Golden Globe Award and a Screen Actors Guild Award and a nomination for a Primetime Emmy Award. Though largely an unconscious process, occurring naturally in every individual, the adrenalin rush can wreak havoc when it happens in the absence of a real threat. By registering to HELLO! "They come up to me on the street and say, I'm one degree now, right?' In particular, cured meats are high in sodium, nitrates, PAHs, HCAs, and AGEs, all of which may increase your risk of cancer. The duo has released seven albums. Norwood Senior was a famous architect and city planner who is often referred to as "The Father of Modern Philadelphia," which put him on the November 6, 1964 cover of Time magazine. Bacon and Sedgwick have teamed up with Omaze so that fans can buy an entry for a chance to win a trip to New York City, with a swanky hotel stay and a double date night of dinner and dancing with the couple. Kevin Bacon and Kyra Sedgwick were among the most high-profile victims who lost money through investing with Madoff. "I was horrified by it. Footloose and fancy free with a fat bank account! All rights reserved. Together they have a son named Travis Sedgwick (born in 1989) and a daughter Sosie Ruth (born in 1992). Anxiety can affect any individual and is just a normal human reaction. "[23] He performed that year as gay prostitute Willie O'Keefe in Oliver Stone's JFK[24] and went on to play a prosecuting attorney in the military courtroom drama A Few Good Men. Q. Sometimes that's a little out of your skill set, at least I find for myself when it comes to me and my relationship with my wife, or even with my relationship with my kids," Bacon told the Associated Press about the song's inspiration. No matter how old Bacon is, he'll always be that spiky-haired twenty-something kickin' off his Sunday shoes to us. In 1980, Bacon appeared in what would become a slasher movie classic, Friday the 13th, as a camp counselor whospoiler alert!meets an untimely end. ", "He's not afraid to take even what you would consider a tiny supporting part as well as a leading role," says Bacon's longtime friend and My Dog Skip director Hay Russell. Bacon turned down offers to star in TV series adaptations of Diner and Animal House, but earlier this year he filmed a pilot for a Syfy TV series reboot of the cult favorite Tremors. His stalker, of course, was Sean Hayes' Jack, who got hired as Bacon's assistant in hopes of getting a chance to dance with him. Recently, he has been making headlines for his incredible weight loss transformation. From Footloose to Tremors to The Following, Bacons roles have been both iconic and varied. He completed his high school study at Julia R. Masterman High School. Kevin Bacon in "Planes, Trains and Automobiles" (1987). It was absolutely awful," Bacon told Entertainment Weekly. [8], Bacon, the youngest of six children, was born and raised in a close-knit family in Philadelphia. For reference, the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) recommends limiting your sodium intake to under 2,300 mg per day (12, 13). The long-time, legendary actor makes his MCU debut as himself in the latest Marvel Studios' Special Presentation . Bacon was found hanging naked by his ankles from the ceiling in Latunski's home in Bennington Township, Michigan, on December 28. However, he has mentioned that he was paid around $700 a week for five weeks for his first movie role in 1978s Animal House. by Rachel Paige. "They came on the train and started a fake fight, then broke into song. Kevin Bacon, Wild Things. Highly motivated by his father, who was an architect in Philadelphia and appeared on the cover of the Time magazine, the actor desired to carve a niche for himself in acting and became a theater artist at the age of 17. It is easy to see why Kevin Bacon is such a passionate vegetarian. Simply cooking bacon at a lower temperature may decrease the concentration of these harmful compounds (21). He has revealed that he has been suffering from anxiety, which includes panic attacks and tremors, since he was around age 30 in 1988. Studies show that bacon may increase your risk of cancer in several ways. You never want bad things to happen. Cancer experts may say that bacon and other processed meats are now in the same dangerous . Were waiting for him to make a return to acting with his sister, though! He wrote: "So sad to hear about Fred Ward. Sadly, in April, the network passed on taking Valentine McKee and his cohorts to series. Other celebrities with a Bacon Number of 1: Benedict Cumberbatch, Cindy Crawford, Dakota Johnson AND Fanning, Fran Drescher, Harry Connick, Jr., Jimmy O. Yang, Josh Groban, Peter Sarsgaard, Kimora Lee Simmons, Laura Dern, Lawrence Fishburne, Phil Collins, Viola Davis, Wilford Brimley, and a whole bunch of other people you can read through here. "I don't always say the right thing and do the right things exactly, to fix whatever that situation is. A. I feel like this is a movie where you have to read between the lines. He's toplined very successful and beloved movies, carried infuriating yet strangely addicting TV shows and even . CME: So Im Reading Your Note, Can You Explain a Few Abbreviations to Me? "[17] To prepare for the role, Bacon enrolled at a high school as a transfer student named "Ren McCormick" and studied teenagers before leaving in the middle of the day. He tweeted apologies, and even made an apology Vine after learning his lesson about spoiler rules on social media the hard way. Last medically reviewed on July 27, 2021. He played a character who saved his town from under-the-earth "graboid" monsters in the comedy/horror film Tremors,[22] and he portrayed an earnest medical student experimenting with death in Joel Schumacher's Flatliners. Travis earned his BA and audio engineering degrees from the 'Evergreen State College,' Olympia, Washington, US. After spending decades dissing life in Los Angeles, Bacon and Sedgwick found that the city grew on them as they spent extended periods of time there while she made seven seasons (and won an Emmy and Golden Globe for it) of The Closer. On top of all of that, he also has a recording company which has no doubt come in handy throughout the course of his musical history. "They're small. You should also buy uncured, nitrate-free bacon whenever possible and look for products that contain low levels of sodium. No. Learn what the terms cured and uncured bacon actually mean when you see them in the store. Kevin Bacons wife, Kyra Sedgwick, is a star in her own right. Bacon moved to New York at age 17 with a plan to become a serious actor. It usually contains less fat than pork bacon. . He was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States. "I'm more of a What am I going to do today when this finishes?' Madoff would trick his clients by paying alleged profits to earlier investors with money that had been invested by the most recent backers. In 2003 he acted with Sean Penn and Tim Robbins in Clint Eastwood's movie Mystic River. '", He's played child molesters twice (Sleepers and The Woodsman), he's been a Marvel supervillain (X-Men: First Class), and he's stalked Meryl Streep (The River Wild) and Meg Ryan (In the Cut). Shes done quite well for herself, too. Her prosthetic leg. He is best known for his roles in films such as Footloose, Apollo 13, and Mystic River. "I've played a lot of bad guys," he said, "and I'm good at leaving my work at the office.". What else are you going to do? The actor is still going strong in Hollywood, appearing in numerous movies and television series over the past few decades. His fans follow his bio in the sites like Wikipedia. Do you prefer playing good guys or bad guys? Because of the length and structure of the film, the time at which you start gets later, and the time at which they call lunch gets later, and the time at which you go to bed gets later in the course of a week. National Depression and Mental Health Screening Month- This observance works to bringRead More, October's National Bullying Prevention Month reminds us that students, parents, teachers, andRead More, October was first declared as National Domestic Violence Awareness Month in 1989.Read More, Kevin Bacon opens up about his 30-year long struggle with anxiety, National Depression and Mental Health Screening Month, Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month. Vegetables, for example, can be rich in nitrates. Please send all your questions, concerns or comments to[emailprotected]. This article examines the research to determine whether bacon causes cancer. That's one of the toughest things. In addition, he. The name of his parents is Ruth Hilda, and Edmund . [14], Bacon made his debut as a director with the television film Losing Chase (1996), which was nominated for three Golden Globe Awards, and won one. Kyra and Kevin wed in 1988 and share two children together, born in 1989 and 1992. He starts acting at the young age of 17 in a theatre production. Sosie Bacon has turned into a successful actor as her parents, while Travis Bacon is finding his own path in the gleaming world of heavy metal. Kevin Bacon. But the choices that I started to make after Footloose were ill-advised. Do you have a favorite junk food splurge? Michael is a music artist and composer. Despite being in his sixties, Bacon continues to look remarkably fit and youthful. Red meat does have nutritional value too and is a major source of iron, zinc and vitamin . I take extremely personal subjects and put them in the songs, said Bacon. 11 things every man should stop believing. The picture shows the actor with a much fuller, more bloated face and was shared on Kevin's. Kevin Bacon as Valentine McKee in "Tremors" (1990). Both of his parents are actors. Kevin Bacon attends the 2019 GQ Men Of The Year at The West Hollywood Edition on December 05, 2019 in West Hollywood, Calif. (Tommaso Boddi/WireImage) Bacon reminisced on shooting the film in. Sosie Bacon, Kevin Bacon & Kyra Sedgwick in 2014, Kevin Bacon on 'The Tonight Show' in 2014, Tom Hanks, Kevin Bacon, Clint Howard & Ed Harris at the Golden Globes in 1995, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. From 1980-81, Bacon played Tim Werner on the CBS soap Guiding Light. So that was good.". Business is the devil's work. However, while many people know that bacon isnt the most nutritious food, recent reports have linked this scrumptious red meat to cancer. Kevin Bacon 's City on a Hill co-star Marnie Schulenburg has tragically passed away from cancer at the age of 37. He is equally prolific on television, he starred in the Fox drama series The Following from 2013 to 2015. The news follows shortly after Kevin paid tribute to another former colleague, Fred Ward, who he starred alongside in the hit movie Tremors. Sedgwick, according to Celebrity Net Worth, has a net worth of $45 million, but again, this is combined with the net worth of her husband, Kevin Bacon. Michael Bacon was born on December 22, 1949, in Philadelphia. And the best part is that shes so down to earth. Jokes aside, Bacon has won a Screen Actors Guild Award in 1996 for Apollo 13, and a Golden Globe and a Screen Actors Guild Award for the 2009 HBO movie Taking Chance. [34] The film premiered on HBO on February 21, 2009. In 2015's Black Mass, the biopic about notorious Boston mobster Whitey Bulger (Johnny Depp), Bacon played Charles McGuire, the head of the Boston FBI office Bulger used to help facilitate his crimes. Kevin Bacon and Kyra Sedgwick have been together for years, and there's no surprise why. Alas, it was Eric McCormack's Will who was initially blamed for being Bacon's stalker, and it was Will who got to recreate the Footloose dance with Bacon, who had the soundtrack cued up in his living room in Season 5's "Bacon and Eggs" episode. Bacon's critical and box office success led to a period of typecasting in roles similar to the two he portrayed in Diner and Footloose, and he had difficulty shaking this on-screen image. MORE: Sosie Bacon 'so sad' in new post following dad Kevin Bacon's tragic news. [52] Bacon was previously in a five-year relationship with actress Tracy Pollan, in the 1980s. However, the actor eventually found solace in music, which calmed his nerves with its therapeutic effects. Bacon is OK with taking on unsavory characters or bad men. ", Since 1995, Bacon and his brother Michael have been recording music and performing live as The Bacon Brothers. Actress and Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue model Brooklyn Decker Instagrammed a makeup-free selfie beside a photo of Bacon and proclaimed, "We're f*cking twins.". Bacon was again acclaimed for a dark starring role playing an offending pedophile on parole in The Woodsman (2004), for which he was nominated for best actor and received the Independent Spirit Award. If I find a dead mouse, Kyra has to clean it up. I have never seen such a lack of separation between church and state in America. Their newest album of country/folk rock tunes, which is supported by a summer tour across the U.S., is a self-titled collection featuring the sweet, infectious Kevin-penned "Tom Petty T-Shirt." Any plans to retire? How has Lyme disease affected your life? Recently, Kevin Bacon, a renowned American actor and musician, best known for his roles in Footloose (1984), and Apollo 13 (1995) publically opened up about his tryst with anxiety and panic attacks. [25] Later that year he returned to the theater to play in Spike Heels, directed by Michael Greif.[14]. Bacon also likes riding the NYC subway, because "it's the fastest way between point A and point B," and because it's a good place to meet your next favorite band, apparently. This can sometimes be accomplished with the assistance of a trainer. Kevin Bacon is unrecognisable in 'terrifying' photo that gets fans talking The Footloose star is married to Kyra Sedgwick August 16, 2021 - 17:43 BST Hanna Fillingham Kevin Bacon has been a. You've been acting for more than 35 years. Dont think of him as a one-sound pony, though. The warehouse that held the studio was later condemned. Fried bacon contains more HCAs than any other cooked meat, and high levels of advanced glycation end products (AGEs) which are also linked to cancer. Does Kevin Bacon have cancer Wiki User 2009-07-06 00:02:18 Study now See answer (1) Copy No but apparently he cured cancer. [58][59], Bacon and Sedgwick learned in 2011, via their appearance on the PBS TV series Finding Your Roots with Henry Louis Gates, that they are ninth cousins, once removed. With her dad by her side, though, she knew how to navigate it, even if she probably didnt understand all the dad hubbub. The couple is estimated to have lost in the tens of millions of dollars because of the financial manager, potentially as high as $30 to $40 million. Art and creative expression are next to godliness.' Cooking bacon at a lower temperature or microwaving it may minimize its concentration of harmful compounds. He has become associated with the concept of interconnectedness among people, having been popularized by the game "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon". While they might have tried to keep them away from the big wide world of Hollywood, they didnt succeed. Notably, all processed meats, including bacon, were recently classified as carcinogenic by the World Health Organization (1). He was also a part of a group for many years which played his own blend of punk and heavy metal. That's the philosophy behind Six Degrees, which has raised more than $5 million since Bacon created it in 2007 to help fund efforts for human rights campaigns, community development, education, health, arts, environment, and animal services. [26] Bacon played a trademark dark role once again in Sleepers (1996). Bacon will star in Showtime's Damon and Affleck-produced drama City on a Hill, playing a respected, but corrupt, Boston FBI agent who teams up with a local district attorney (Aldis Hodge) to take down a family of armored car thieves. Consuming high amounts of sodium increase may not only increase your blood pressure levels but also be linked to a higher risk of cancer (14). But after meeting the game's creators on The Jon Stewart Show, and seeing how popular the game had become, Bacon realized it was all in good fun. More than three decades deep into marriage with fellow actor Kyra Sedgwick, Kevin Bacon really has nothing to offer by way of guidance. MORE: Sosie Bacon 'so sad' in new post following dad Kevin Bacon's. USMLE Review Questions: Internal Medicine. A. "[12] They first met in 1987 when they were both working on the film Lemon Sky, and were married in 1988. With support and love of closed ones, they can be reminded that their illness is treatable. After a cameo in John Hughes's 1987 comedy Planes, Trains and Automobiles,[20] Bacon starred in John Hughes's 1988 comedy She's Having a Baby,[14] and the following year he was in another comedy called The Big Picture. Well send you our daily roundup of all our favorite stories from across the site, from travel to food to shopping to entertainment. At the time, Sedgwick was . It's strange.". 2023 Fabi and Rosi. [40] In 2013, he won a Saturn Award for Best Actor on Television for that role.[41]. No, Kevin Bacon does not have cancer. It tastes awesome and goes with almost any food. The two of them are incredibly compatible and close-knit, and they have the best kind of partnership: an equal one. It is estimated that the couple was only able to recoup about 75% of their losses from a victim payout fund. he said during a Hollywood Reporter roundtable. Kevin Bacons first movie appearance was in a small role in 1978s Animal House. It is not known exactly how much Kevin Bacon has been paid for his EE ads. "The amount of people that saw it seriously blows my mind," Bacon said. Fellow actor Anthony Anderson asked him if that was the first and last time he wore the disguise. People say, "You must love bad guys because they're so much fun. Cooking tips to lower bacons cancer risk. In addition to his long-time relationship with EE, which has reportedly earned him a seven figure sum, Bacon is well-known among the British public. I'm done.". "At my age, it feels great! But they're not always fun. Kevin Bacon has a cameo role in Planes, Trains, and Automobiles at the beginning of the movie as a businessman who races with and eventually steals a cab from Steve Martin. LOS ANGELES, CA After developing the sudden onset of shortness of breath, self-proclaimed Center of the Universe Kevin Baconwas rushed to UCLA Medical Center where he has been found to have sixth-degree heart block. They have been very supportive of each others career and have been seen attending red carpet events together. The measure of proximity to Bacon has been mathematically formalized as the Bacon number and can be referenced at websites including Oracle of Bacon, which is in turn based upon Wikipedia data (and formerly from Internet Movie Database data). In Black Mass, about organized crime boss Whitey Bulger, you play an FBI agent. Bacon has won several awards throughout his career, including a Golden Globe Award, a Screen Actors Guild Award, and an Emmy Award. The star kid was born on 23rd June 1989, in Los Angeles, California. Looks like he was dancing all the way to the bank! 16. What if I have my bacon sandwich on wholemeal bread? The glycemic index (GI) is a value used to measure how much a specific food increases your blood sugar levels. It's not about what the guy says. [51], Bacon has been married to actress Kyra Sedgwick since September 4, 1988; they met on the set of the PBS version of Lanford Wilson's play Lemon Sky. In 2003, he received a star on the Hollywood . Related: 5 Things You Didn't Know About Kevin Bacon. RELATED:10 Actors Who First Gained Success As Musicians. He had to take half a Valium to get through the big Footloose scene where Ren makes a speech to the town council so they'll agree to let his class have a dance. He loved to see his picture in the paper. The term bacon refers specifically to cured meat from the belly of a pig. 10 Questions With Kevin Bacon Menu Men's Health Feature Stories 10 Questions With Kevin Bacon The actor opens up about his new movies, his fitness routine, and how he de-stresses on the set.. Both are . WebMD does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. I elevate my feet. According to Celebrity Net Worth, Kevin Bacon has a net worth in 2022 of $45 million. "This is the golden age of TV," he said. Many of us fell for Bacons charm back in 1984s Footloose, a movie that has since become a classic. Kevin Norwood Bacon[2] (born July 8, 1958)[3] is an American actor. Bacon Is High in Salt. Known for his leading man and character roles, Bacon has received numerous accolades including Golden Globe Award and a Screen Actors Guild Award and a nomination for a Primetime Emmy Award. 360p. [28] Bacon again resurrected his oddball mystique that year as a mentally-challenged houseguest in Digging to China[14] and as a disc jockey corrupted by payola in Telling Lies in America. "In my day-to-day life, I'm thinking less about winning the Super Bowl and more about moving the ball down the field.". Bacon and Sedgwick's Love Story. What was the deal with that? He also lost 20 pounds for the same role as Henri Young, a 1930s Alcatraz inmate locked naked inside a detention cell for three years in the 1995 thriller Murder in the First. Just look at Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt! GomerBlog is the Earth's leading medical "news" site. She isnt just working with the family anymore, though. It would actually be sort of a great, full circle thing if I got paid to be in a Madoff movie -- that would be perfect," he said. Other notable roles include Friday the 13th (1980), The River Wild (1994), Sleepers (1996), Wild Things (1998), The Woodsman (2004), Flatliners (1990), Crazy, Stupid, Love (2011), X-Men: First Class (2011), Black Mass (2015), and Patriots Day (2016). "First and last," Bacon answered. With genes like that,. Kyra is in agreement and said in a previous interview: "Honestly, I really just want them to be happy. So you have to figure out how to navigate that and stay healthy. "Sons just want to kick their fathers' ass sometimes," he wrote a piece for The Guardian. He's never confirmed the exact figure, but Bacon and Sedgwick admit they lost millions of dollars as part of Madoff's Ponzi scheme scandal in 2008. He adopted a vegetarian lifestyle in the mid-1990s, which he says has improved his physical and mental wellbeing. VIDEO: Kevin Bacon's City on aHill news sends fans wild. The actor was not immediately a fan: he thought it was poking fun at him and his efforts to be taken seriously. Thats because many harmful, cancer-causing compounds are produced during whats called Maillard browning reactions, which are chemical reactions that occur between proteins and sugars when theyre exposed to high temperatures (19, 20). They have two children, Travis Sedgwick (b. Which means that simply meeting Bacon does not count.