Another great Britax seat with the dreaded gray/white base. Im sure youve watched the notoriously short videos created by the marketing folks at car seat and stroller brands and seen how effortlessly they fold down strollers and install car seats. Make sure to slide back into place the tiny tab that holds the cover to the seat to keep it from straying. The Nuna Rava wins here since it weights in at 27.2 pounds versus 31 pounds for the Cybex Sirona S. IMHO though, being lighter doesnt make much of a difference unless you intend to switch between vehicles a lot, which isnt something you want to do with this kind of a car seat. We like both of them but unsure which is better. This car seat is rated from 5 to 110 pounds, converting to a booster, at a low price point. I love that both seats allow for extended rear-facing up to 50 pounds, and both can be used from birth until the child is ready to switch to a booster car seat. No need to uninstall and reinstall when switching between seating modes. Many parents soon realize that the Nuna Revv is NOT an all-in-one turning car seat, and that they need to set aside some extra money for another convertible car seat or forward-facing car seat pre-booster age. Cybex Sirona vs NUNA Rava? The Sirona S is one of the few ones with this safety feature on top of its chest-integrated SensorSafe that sends critical alerts about baby. (function() { var js = window.document.createElement("script"); js.innerHTML = 'function openshopperapproved(o){var e="Microsoft Internet Explorer"!=navigator.appName? Peg Perego Kinetic. Nuna Rava. its not super wobbly - there is also a floor stick security piece that helps stabilize. I am in the process of choosing a new car seat for my LO. The insert isnt foldable in both cases (as it is in Evenflo 360 Gold). Both arent FAA-approved, which you shouldnt find troubling since you wont want to travel with super heavy car seats anyway. Or until you need to install either seat in a different vehicle, something I discourage unless you like carrying heavy things and doing tricky car seat installs. It's in the top 3 bestselling convertible car seats and has dozens of popular alternatives in the same price range, such as Peg Perego Agio Kinetic or Britax One4Life. On the Nuna Revv, the crotch buckle boasts a plush cover, which is nice. But, I prefer the ease-of-use and comfort features of the Nuna (push button recline, easy to install, secure install, non-rethread belts). unavailable? With comfort and safety as the top features of the RAVA, your growing child will enjoy several years with it while also being kept safe in an all-steel frame. She has outgrown her infant seat in height, we had the Chico key fit. The Cybex Sensorsafe technology built into the harness is an added safety tool which connects to your phone to provide dangerous temperature alerts, as well as reminders of how long the child has been on the seat, and will alert you if you leave your vehicle without your precious little one. Child weight: 4-120 lbs. hi mama, if still I retested in the Nuna Rava, Nordstrom has it on sale for their anniversary sale. But how well does the Cybex Sirona S spin? Back to nuna rava. But is the $50-$150 price difference justifiable in any sense? Next, buckle the seatbelt, tighten it, lock it, and finally close the tension door. Compared to infant car seats, convertible car seats take up a lot more space, are significantly heavier, are more difficult to move from car to car, and do not integrate with strollers as travel systems. We don't know any convertible car seats that are newer on the market. We both have SUVs and I still always worry about hitting my babes head when getting in/out. Will it be the Nuna Rava or the Cybex Sirona S? Fits 3 across in most midsize vehicles. You can easily fold them for storage or remove them altogether, which makes things easier when you want to fit 3 across or do side-by-side setups. Im looking at buying either the Nuna RAVA or the Cybex Sirona S Sensor-Safe convertible car seat The big deciding factor for me is whether I want something that rotates.Hoping a fellow mom can help! But its not anyones best idea of a lightweight travel seat. Here are reviews of the best tiny-vehicle car seats. It will let you know if the baby is unbuckled, if hes too hot in the seat, and If you step out of the car for longer than a minute, it will send an alert that the baby is still in the car seat. Create an account or log in to participate. The Nuna REVV has the same limitations for both rear and forward facing, saying the child must only be between 5-40 lbs. These are our favorite convertible car seats, in loose order of preference: If you're looking for the safest convertible car seats Clek Foonf, Clek Fllo, Peg Perego Primo Viaggio Convertible,Nuna Rava,Diono Radian rXT, Diono Rainierare all very, very safe car seats. Zip Code or City + State. The Sirona feels snug as long as the front seat is pushed back enough. Seriously, why buy an expensive infant car seat only to use it for 6-15 months before your baby outgrows it when you could get either of these car seats and possibly own only one car seat until theyre booster-ready? Convertible car seats are called such because they are designed to convert from rear-facing for younger babies and toddlers to forward-facing for older toddlers and children. Anonymous: Anonymous wrote:I was originally going to get the Rava last summer during the Nordstrom anniversary sale but it was sold out. I love the reviews on each seat but I just can't make a decision. Watch and follow The Car Seat Ladys installation video for your specific car seat and you will for sure get a snug fit. But the Nuna Revv costs over $100, and this Nuna Revv vs Cybex Sirona S comparison makes it easier to decide whether the price difference is justified. This little feature increases safety because you wont want to take off until the seat is well and truly in the locked position. The AAP constantly reminds parents and caregivers about this truth: rear-facing in the backseat (preferably in the middle) is the safest place to ride in for newborns and toddlers up to 2 years. Car Seat Weight: Whos Heavier and Does It Matter? Britax One4Life Clean Comfort. We purchased two of the Cybex Sirona S seats and I feel like it might have been a very expensive mistake. Lets now dive into the comparison to help you decide who deserves your money. However, the Orbit G5 Car Seat is an exception because it lets you remove the infant car seat and carry baby around when outside of the vehicle. Again, wonderful safety features and an all-around good car seat, but not our favorite look for the price. You can adjust the seat, reclining position and safety features and whatever the age of your child, safety is a given. 1 Count (Pack of 1) 4.3 out of 5 stars 463. The seat turns towards the side so that baby faces the vehicles door, which makes handling them super easy. Making their debut in 2020, the Cybex Sirona S featuring the first . think twice before sharing personal details, foster a friendly and supportive environment, remove fake accounts, spam and misinformation, delete posts that violate our community guidelines, reviewed by our medical review board and team of experts. Do you it says it doesn't work on cybex but it worked for me. Does it rotate smoothly? Very good crash test results, easy to install, high quality and comfy. Available in the familiar colors found with the Nuna Pipa series, Caviar, Frost, and Granite, the Rava is also available in Lake and Rose. Which means each of these contenders enables you to fit baby a little better and easier. Once the weight limit for the lower anchors is reached, you have to uninstall the car seat and install it via the seatbelt. As a medical professional practicing in the United States, Joe Waweru medically reviews every piece of relevant content at kiddofreddom.com, but nothing he says here should be construed as medical advice of any kind.Check Facebook Profile. If you are a touch vain (hey, respect for knowing yourself) and want the best looking convertible car seattheNuna Ravais the best looking of the bunch. Experts everywhere are in agreement that the safest way to carry a child around is in the rear-facing position. Im looking at buying either the Nuna RAVA or the Cybex Sirona S Sensor-Safe convertible car seat The big deciding factor for me is whether I want something that rotates.Hoping a fellow mom can help! We got the rava on sale. If youre dead set on a revolving car seat, jump to sections that deal with the Cybex Sirona S. So why did I compare these two car seats when one doesnt spin at all? Whether it is something with which you can travel easily. Clearly no winner here. Is this what you mean when you say the rava is more secure? If you don't want to buy another car seat after this one and want a convertible car seat that converts to a booster for larger children Diono Radian rXTandDiono Rainierboth convert to booster seats. We also dont love the color contrast piping, the dual integrated cupholders, and the general look of this seat. Kiddofreedom.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Eg Nuna Revv, Cybex Sirona S, Evenflow Gold Revolve. About About About; FAQs; Brands; Blog; Rewards; Customer Service Customer Service Contact Us; Shipping Information; I will say installed properly it works. The experts at the American Academy of Pediatrics think transporting kids rear-facing for the longest time possible is a really good idea. Forward-facing convertible. I will say that the Rava installation is much easier than the Sirona so if we need to take a car seat out for grandparents or whomever to put in their vehicles we always choose the Rava. *Actual product may vary from product shown, in color and features. For a $600ish swivel car seat, I expected an all-in-one convertible car seat with a booster seating mode. This car seat has impressive crash test results with the best-combined sensor results giving it a potential additional margin of protection over most of the competition in this review. Data about your interaction with this site and the ads shown to you may be shared with companies involved in the delivery and/or . Remember to. Buy in monthly payments with Affirm on orders over $50. Albee Rewards. Take the upper harness height for the Evenflo Gold 360, for example. This bubble-free indicator tends to be easier to easier to use when adjusting car seat recline. Innovative one-pull latch removal system. Also, both offer side-impact protection, which is awesome. All in all I would never use it if I didnt feel it was safe for babe! To effect a height adjust on either option, simply grab the handle on the top and pull up. Bamboo also helps regulate your child's body temperature, keeping her cooler in warm weather and warmer in cool weatherall while being super-soft, antibacterial and hypoallergenic. Graco Extend2Fit Convertible Car Seat. Lower anchor max weight rear facing: 5-35 pounds. Love both. Is it super wobbly? Lower anchor max weight rear facing: 25-40 pounds Use the Nuna Rava rear facing from 5 to 50 pounds, and up to 65 pounds for forward facing. The insert is removable. The innovation does not stop with the rotation feature, but continues with the Load Leg, usually found in infant car seats. Me and DH are torn between the Nuna Rebel and the Cybex Sirona. UPPAbaby's strollers are sleeker, more intuitive, and feature modular compatibility. Cybex has made our lives so much easier with helping us safely and comfortably place a child onto their car seat. This sleek and stylish seat is easy . nuna rava car seat It is actually pretty decent-looking, converts to a booster, and exceeds federal safety standards. Your post will be hidden and deleted by moderators. If you drive one car with significantly less frequency, you can get a less expensive car seat for that car, or use the car seat you would otherwise use for travel (like the Cosco Scenera) in that car. 28 - 49 inches tall and the top of the child's ears are below the top of the headrest. Because the Nuna Revv forward-faces up to just 43 compared to 49 for the Cybex Sirona S. Add in the little fact of an extremely low maximum harness height limit of 14, and youll clearly see why the Nuna Revv may not be an appealing choice for most families. Sirona S allows you to swivel the seat to face the entry, eliminating awkward positions while placing your child onto their car seat and securing the harness. With a 12-position headrest and a weight capacity up to 65 pounds, the Sirona M can function as your sole car seat for years. A lighter swivel car seat could be better than a heavier one if you envision yourself using it in multiple cars at different times though. This is bad news for your front seat legroom. Making their debut in 2020, the Cybex Sirona S featuring the first to market a 360 degree swivel car seat rotation, it quickly rose to be one of our most popular convertible car seats of this past year. Anti-rebound bar, easy to install, steel frame. However, you get to adjust the crotch buckle through three positions on the Cybex vs 2 positions on the Nuna. Comparison of Cybex Sirona and Nuna Rebl based on specifications, reviews and ratings. Forward-facing, the limit is 35lbs for the Cybex while it is 30lbs for the Nuna Revv. Youll find it necessary to remove the padding to access the slots and adjust the crotch buckle, and this can be a bit of a challenge. 4 Good Reasons to Choose a Rotating Car Seat, 3 Reasons to Think Twice Before Purchasing a Rotating Car Seat, Specs, Features, and Measurements of the Nuna Rava, Specs, Features, and Measurements of the Cybex Sirona S, Lower Anchor Weight Limits Rear Facing and Forward Facing. The Nuna Rava is also airplane certified, allowing you to take it around the globe. We respect everyones right to express their thoughts and opinions as long as they remain respectful of other community members, and meet What to Expects Terms of Use. Nice-to-have features, too. No, I dont believe theres any way anyone could justify such a significant price difference. The views expressed in community are solely the opinions of participants, and do not reflect those of What to Expect. Also, both have recline level indicators. So does this mean that the Nuna Revv is the better choice when it comes to extended rear-facing? Group Black's collective includes Essence, The Shade Room and Naturally Curly. ), And of course, theres the style factor. Thats what real extended rear-facing looks like. But dont expect much from the Nuna Revv since its max harness height is extremely low. Also, both have plush padding and most kids fall asleep in them pretty fast. The CYBEX Sirona S is the first Convertible Car Seat in the U.S. to feature an innovative 360rotatable seat allowing parents to easily get their child in and out. Learn more about, Twins & Multiples: Your Tentative Time Table, November 20, 2022 | by march2022herewecome. 2005-2023Everyday Health, Inc., a Ziff Davis company. Miles. But all new fancy features tend to drive item cost up, and its no different with car seats that swivel. We have the Cybex Sirona S and we absolutely LOVE it! Also, both offer good side-impact protection for increased safety in the event of side impacts. Theres no guarantee your kiddo will ride in this seat until theyre booster-ready. If you use the seatbelt to install either the Cybex Sirona S or Nuana Revv, you can install it once and use it in that position until your baby outgrows the seat. I mean, youre definitely going to part with more money for another convertible car seat or forward-facing-only seat. If you want to use the base then yes the sirona Z is the only one that will fit. Thats because a good rotating car seat makes strapping baby in as well as unloading them incredibly easy. To learn how to install the Nuna Revv rotating car seat, read this easy-to-follow installation guide created by the good people over at Car Seats for the Littles. We know finding the best car seat can be difficult, but we hope youve found this post helpful.Many people ask, are convertible car seats worth the price? Mothercare weren't really helpful when we asked which one is better as the 2 sales assistants we spoke to (we went on 2 different occasions) said . Whether it will fit in your car. Now 14 may not mean much at all to you if you dont know the maximum harness height competing swivel car seats offer. Primary Menu cheryl hines favorite dessert. This means that theres a FAT chance your baby will outgrow the Nuna Revv swivel car seat way sooner than you imagine. All Rights Reserved Also Mom 2022 | Privacy Policy & Other Legalities, Choosing the perfect convertible car seat might give you PTSD flashbacks to the giant stress ball that was choosing the perfect infant car seat. The Cybex Sirona S weights in at 30.4 pounds while the Nuna Revv Convertible car seat weights in at 32.7 pounds. However, the EXEC also converts into a booster unlike the RAVA or REVV . Yes, Aeroflex Side Impact Protection System, Fabric & padding quality: Plush, highly breathable, & washable. Reason #1: Since swivel car seats tend to packs loads of amazing tech, they tend to cost significantly more than the regular $300 convertible car seat. Heres what to do when installing the Nuna Rava via the seatbelt: Access the tension door by moving the seat padding, open this tension door, and route the seatbelt through the reinforced belt path. But nothing cleans easier than the Evenflo 360 Gold since you can actually detach the shell from the base to access hidden filth. In case youre wondering if car seats expire, they do. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. to determine the maximum weight limit of your cars LATCH system. Absolutely love it and can't . Be sure to register the car seat no matter which option you end up choosing. A decent stack of scientific studies consistently finds that its best for people who travel with kids to rear-face them for as long as possible. Both choices have cupholders, and both are removable and easy to manipulate to a desirable position. For both car seats, you can use lower anchors to install, but the manufacturer recommends installing via the seatbelt. . Has a high rear-facing weight limit and allows for extended rear-facing riding, Is easily adjustable for a safe, snug fit, Accounts for taste by being beautiful and fitting right in with your style, Is extra super duper safe, with bonus points for features like an anti-rebound bar. I like the quality of the cupholders on the Nuna Revv better. Both are nice-looking convertible car seats with a stylish modern look and feel. It is fairly compact, without compromising on legroom for your child. This educational content is not medical or diagnostic advice. Reason #2: It makes loading and unloading babies easier than ever. skip the infant car seat altogether and go straight to a convertible. No, and Ill tell you why the Nuna Revv is the less attractive option shortly. Forward facing, the weight limit tops out at 35 pounds for the Sirona vs 40 pounds. Cybex Sirona S vs Nuna Revv Rotating Car Seat: Which is the Better Buy? The educational health content on What To Expect is reviewed by our medical review board and team of experts to be up-to-date and in line with the latest evidence-based medical information and accepted health guidelines, including the medically reviewed What to Expect books by Heidi Murkoff. Only via trial and error can you know for sure whether the fit is better with or without the insert. I gave it 4 stars I believe. Swivel car seats have become a feature parents are willing to pay extra for. Both seats provide little ones with side-impact protection, which is great. If baby falls asleep in the car, you can easily pop the seat out and bring baby inside to let them finish their nap. Group Leaders communicate with staff moderators and escalate potential violations for review, but they dont moderate discussions. I was just a little surprised by this. The new 2021 Uppababy Knox is a breath of fresh air. The minimum weight and height requirements for both booster seats are the same - a kid must be at least 40 pounds or 38 inches tall. And in both cases, you can remove the seat covers and toss them in the washing machine. The swivel feature also always seems to jam intermittently. I returned it. But I did find that removing it from the Nuna Revv when strapping in a bigger tot may result in a somewhat better fit. $449.95 $ 449. Reason #4: If the car seat has a detachable base (the Evenflo Revolve 360 Gold has a detachable base), getting the dirt and debris hiding in the hardest to reach recesses becomes that much easier. Reason #1: Its new car seat technology. Anyone have experience with the Cybex Sirona S? The CYBEX Sirona S is the ONLY convertible car seat to feature a 360 rotatable seat with load leg stability, linear side impact protection and SensorSafe technology. $449. Cybex Sirona was released in 2017. 1.UPPAbaby KNOX vs. Nuna RAVA Car Seat Comparison - Strolleria; 2.Uppababy Knox vs Nuna Rava: Which is the Best Convertible Car 3.UPPABABY KNOX vs NUNA RAVA Convertible Car Seat - Kidsland; 4.Uppababy Knox vs. Nuna Rev Convertible Car seat Review feat 5.UPPAbaby KNOX vs. Nuna RAVA Car Seat Comparison - Pinterest This makes the Sirona S a tad more challenging to use forward-facing because the tether needs to stay secured in the forward-facing mode. I bet you wont notice any difference when carrying one car seat or the other between cars. Sirona M SensorSafe 2.0 Cybex Car Seat vs Maxi Cosi Pria 70 Convertible Car Seat; Nuna Rava vs Graco 4Ever - Which One is Better? | 38-57 in. Nuna Revv vs Cybex Sirona S: Weight and Height Limits Rear-facing, Installing the Nuna Revv vs Installing the Cybex Sirona S, Headrest, Harness, Harness Cover, and Crotch Buckle, Seat Build, Seat Padding, and Infant Insert, Anti-rebound Bar/Load Leg and SensorSafe for Safety Alerts. at least 4 years old | 40-120 lbs. Theres one more thing: most car seats that revolve around the base tend to not be aircraft travel-friendly because theyre not FAA-approved. I like that both choices come with an optional infant head and body insert. Find advice, support and good company (and some stuff just for fun). This educational content is not medical or diagnostic advice. My son will be a year old in January & I want to upgrade him to a convertible car seat. But theres a difference: while the recline indicator on the Sirona S is a bead-based affair that can be a little tricky to use, the indicator on the Nuna Revv has numbers 1-5 for rear-facing and 1-5 for forward-facing mode. Theres always a greater likelihood that a newer car seat provides slightly better protection since its designed in accordance to the latest car seat safety guidelines. It has a higher size limit (120 lbs/ 60 vs 100 lbs/ 57). Most cars have LATCH weight limits of around 60 pounds including the weight of the car seat. This one almost made the list, and may be the right seat for some families, especially as a second seat. Lower anchor max weight rear facing: 5-35 pounds, Forward facing weight limit: 25-65 pounds, Forward facing height limit: Less than 49, Lower anchor max weight rear facing: 25-40 pounds, Removable body and head support insert: 5-11 pounds, No-rethread 5-point harness with 10 positions, Ventilation panels on shell and highly breathable knitted fabric (machine washable), Seat pan depth:13, with footrest extended 16, 3 Buckle positions: 3 with insert, without insert 4.5, and 6 greatest distance, Lower anchor weight limit rear-facing: 4-30 pounds, Lower anchor weight limit forward-facing: 35 pounds, FAA Approved? Rotation: The Nuna Rava Doesn't spin. Group Leaders communicate with staff moderators and escalate potential violations for review, but they dont moderate discussions. The fact that it rotates is a game changer. But if youre on a serious budget, you can skip the infant car seat altogether and go straight to a convertible. With the Cybex Sirona, you get baby safety notications via phone, chest clip, or cars receiver. The base is typically permanently attached to the seat shell, and even for the Evenflo 360 Gold which boasts a removable shell, you wont find extra bases to install in other cars.