Stay connected with Highlands wherever you go! It is headquartered next to COTHs Greystone Campus in Birmingham, Alabama. Chris said he invited a guest speaker to speak this past Sunday because he had been busy with training 41 pastors this past week. Get new articles and breaking news delivered to your inbox. for pastors that need rest or restoration., An earlier pamphlet stated, The Lodge would serve as a place where pastors, leaders, and their families could come to be mentored, counseled, refreshed, and restored. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Thanks for contacting us. I dont think that there is any sin that God cant forgive, and no brokenness of soul or morals that cant be healed, and that it should be our hope and goal that any fallen brother or sister should experience the fullness of such a work. Be quick to listen, slow to speak.. continues to provide resources to over 16,500 churches globally at no cost. Seems like the bar is pretty low. He continues to serve these churches and leaders through making all of Highlands Resources available at no cost. The Roys Report reached out to Grow Leader for more information about the organization and who gets its proceeds, but no one responded. I want you to know that I believe it makes God angry and it makes us angry too. Youre a true mentor, youre a dear friend. NEWSLETTER: Digitaldownstream.substack.com. Hes been a mentor to me, a friend to me, golfing partner. He said the church will work on initiatives and changes to improve race relations and they will be posted on the churchs web site. Do I have a long way to go? Would you consider making a tax-deductible donation to help our journalists continue to report the truth and restore the church? He said he proposed to his wife, Tammy, in Germany in 1986 when the wall still stood. Church of the Highlands (COTH)a 43,000-member megachurch in Alabama, which recently sparked controversy for trying to rehabilitate a pastor accused of sexual assaultis building a $4.5-million lodge to restore pastors. Difference between revenue and profit. (JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address). ARC CFO Derek Neece told The Roys Report that about 24% of ARCs cash donationsabout $2.8 million annuallygoes toward ARC salaries. Church Website Design by . This debacle, however, apparently has not deterred COTH from further pastoral restoration efforts. It was his birthday. And, Ill own it, by the way, but that is not what I believe., The church spent much of their time over the weekend addressing the issue of racism and Hodges said dealing with the coronavirus and the explosion of racial tensions at the same time has made it an incredibly tough season for our nation. The fact that it doesnt meet the demands for disclosure from The Roys Report or its readers doesnt mean it wasnt biblical or effective. 20K views Streamed 2 years ago It's been a week of controversy for the Church of the Highlands. Hope youll give us another try and check out some other articles. I truly believe were going to see lasting change.. Our Oxford location meets at the Oxford Civic Center. To waste money setting up a place for people to go to restore is outrageous. So he made a quick $307,500-$410,000. 24/7 was exact same thing in early days of highlands. In 2001 Chris Hodges founded Church of the Highlands, now known as one of the largest churches in the U.S. with over 60,000 members and 23 campuses. One suit accuses ARC of allowing Joshua Mauney, ARCs former national director of church planting, to plant an ARC church in Florida, where he allegedly raped a woman on staff. Oh wait sorry, these are all independent churches doing their own thing and where transparency typically does not exist. We just have to love alike.. Restoration of relationship and ministry requires full disclosure and an acceptance of responsibility. Tammy and her family were missionaries in Germany, Hodges said. After Lentzs allegedaffair with Karim made headlines, Hayes watched the news and remembered how Lentz split her from her boyfriend, simply because they had had premarital sex. From the beginning, Church of the Highlands has been controversial, with accusations by some more established churches that it was stealing sheep from their congregations with its rock. I want to grow. Amy Spreeman Association of Related Churches: Time to get off the ARC: https://bereanresearch.org/association-of-related-churches-time-to-get-off-the-arc/, Chris Rosebrough Che Ahn Modern-Day (Restoration of) Apostles: http://www.piratechristian.com/fightingforthefaith/2019/1/if-im-a-butterfly-why-am-i-still-crawling, Chris Rosebrough Che Ahn Who Are the Apostles: http://www.piratechristian.com/fightingforthefaith/2018/7/live-fearless, Chris Rosebrough Chris Hodges: Do You Love Me? Pastor Michael Hodges and wife Katie on their wedding day June 18, 2016. Fun fact, I was a participant in the program in one of the early years. 3100-3198 Harrison Pike, Chattanooga, TN 37416, USA. Watch. Oxford | Campuses | Church of the Highlands Oxford About Events Campus Staff Oxford Our Oxford location meets at the Oxford Civic Center. I find that sign to be pretty self-centered. IT IS A PRIVILEGE TO BE ON THIS STAGE. Sign: It is a privilege to be on this stage thank you God for choosing me. Its really been one of the most painful things Ive been through, he said. Larrry Stockstill is Pastor Chris' longtime friend and mentor, and currently serves as teaching pastor at Bethany Church. A non-denominational church ministry with 21 campuses and reportedly more than 50,000 attendees on a normal week, this church is one that few know about but that plays an integral part in defining public religious life for Alabamans. What he failed to tell everyone is RoundTable cost $7500 for the Pastor or $10,000 if they bring their spouse, the post said. Church of the Highlands faces social media firestorm. Chris Hodges is founder and leader of Church of the Highlands. Hodges has discussed bringing back Sunday in-person. Chris is the Senior Pastor of Church of the Highlands, The Overseers serve as Apostolic Elders which are: Rick Bezet, Robert Morris, Tom Mullins, Larry Stockstill and Greg Surratt.Chris states that Robert Morris and Phil Pringle are his mentors.Chris is the Founder and President of the Highlands College.Chris is the Co-Founder of ARC Churches (Association 500 years ago, wasnt Clericalism one of the Reformers BIG beefs about Romish Popery? A non-denominational church ministry with 21 campuses and reportedly more than 50,000 attendees on a normal week . The church has also scrubbed all references to him from their website. He let it slip to me about the intern from Oklahoma working on a video series with him. David, I confined my reporting to facts that are substantiated, and stated what is known and what isnt. The Roys Report tried to confirm with Neece whether ARCs Lead Team donates $2.8 million per year to ARC, but did not receive a response by time of publication. America, Im crying out to you, learn, lament, and lets get each others backs again, Hodges said. Yesterday, I dug into the attic and pulled it out, he said. Black male interns were allegedly segregated on one floor of the dormitory-style living quarters, Laurel claimed, and male interns believed to be gay were reportedly singled out for torment, including being forced to tread water in a pool for hours. "I understand how this has made you feel and I apologize. All rights reserved (About Us). First Wednesday Messages. "I know with each new incident, with this one, Ahmaud Arbery, I think of Atatiana Jefferson, its disgraceful that racism, injustice, bigotry, prejudice, still even exists at all. Hes influenced churches all over the world.. According to Guidestar, ARC is classified as a church by the IRS so it is not required to file a form 990, revealing executive salaries and the identities of its board members. Christ Health Center, which was founded by the church, had to stop doing free testing for COVID-19 that it had been doing at public housing communities in Birmingham. According to the suit, ARC knew or should have known of Mr. Mauneys predilections toward vulnerable women. It further alleges that when ARC found out about the rape allegations, it pressured Mauneys victim to stay silent. GrowLeader is devoted to sharing ideas, tools and resources that will help grow your leadership. GrowLeader is also committed to generosity by supporting organizations like Highlands College. Connection Card:. This free resource allows you to experience messages on-demand, read the One Year Bible, watch services live online, access information about church events, locations and much more . Its literally the definition of a hypocrite., Lentz was fired from Hillsong in November 2020, with Houston citing his moral failures.. The organization then asks pastors to re-invest those dollars through their missions giving.. The separation came shortly after Carters former assistant disclosed online that Carter had sexually assaulted her while at Carters previous megachurch in Yakima, Washington. Rizzo has a history of sexual misconduct himself. To think otherwise is clear evidence the bible isnt the standard of ethics. The church can help the nation change, he said. Campuses | Church of the Highlands Campuses Service Times Services are live streamed on Sundays at 8:00 am, 9:45 am, 11:30 am and on First Wednesday at 6:30 pm. Messages; Current Message; First Wednesday. He claims Brian Houston told him, You know, its your fault all of this happened. This story has been shared 132,431 times. Some facts are. Ralph Northam with two men wearing blackface and a KKK costume with the caption Progressive Leftist Ralph Northam in the 1980s.. (For $10,000, pastors can bring their spouses.). I remember I would go to leaders meetings, and he would hammer in our heads, Do not have sex before marriage. He was aggressive about it., Meanwhile, the staffer claims, I had a friend Carl tried to sleep with her. ixated on Religion, Politics, Media. Shame on those people who agreed to donate money to such a cause. The. And it doesnt seem to meet the letter or spirit of the qualifications outlined in Scripture. Though The Roys Report has done much to create conversation about the sicknesses in the world of evangelicalism, much that is good and right (I loved the article about the Tomlin-Hillsong experience), it often falls short of its stated mission: reporting the truth. The focus isnt on exalting Christ from that statement, ex. They would be calling him f-t and they were spraying water from a hose into his mouth while he was trying to tread water, Laurel alleged. Pastor Chris, we dont need you to say anything, she said, according to Hodges. Not only a whole lot needs to be said, a whole lot needs to be done, Hodges said, to applause from a limited audience that was on hand to prepare for the possible reopening of in-person public worship services on June 21. The lawsuit alleges that other victims reported similar misconduct by the same pastor to the church and Rizzo as early as 2016. I want to hear.. But according to the documentary, Lentzs behavior was not an anomaly within the larger organization. It seems like Pastors have created a similar good old boys club where once you are in the club you are taken care of regardless of your failures. Chris remains the senior pastor and Chancellor of Highlands College, a ministry training school that has trained and launched hundreds of students into full-time ministry careers all over the world. Chris has a deep passion for developing leaders and planting life-giving churches. Do you think Chris Hodges is setting himself to take over when John Maxwell is no longer able to do conferences? On June 9, the Birmingham Board of Education voted to terminate its leases with the Church of the Highlands, which had been paying Birmingham City Schools $6,000 a week to rent the facilities. In Alabama, the Church of the Highlands is kind of a big deal. and our Also, 1 Timothy 5:20 says that an elder who is sinning should be publicly exposed. Through fresh and practical content, you can. Cookie Settings/Do Not Sell My Personal Information. Opinion: What is Revivaland is it Happening at Asbury? Yes, sir. As the documentary details, Lentz grew up in Virginia Beach, Virginia, and before his decadelong stint as the head of Hillsong NYC from 2010 to 2020, he was a youth pastor at Wave Church in Virginia Beach. When corporate CEOs fail they are fired and given a golden parachute and then hired by another company to be their CEO. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Give a gift of $30 or more to The Roys Report this month, and you will receive Escaping the Maze of Spiritual Abuse by Dr. Lisa Oakley and Justin Humphreys. Hodges and his [..] band of professional pastors are the upper echelon of the church. People at the church said he cried all the time onstage. Michael Hodges (pictured) son of founder and Senior Pastor of the nearly 40,000 member Church of the Highlands in Alabama, Chris Hodges, was recently removed as pastor of the Greystone campus due to a moral failing. When she asked for his last name, He was like, When people Google people its not a good look. If so, then a rehabilitation process makes no sense, because the person was not qualified for the pastorate in the first place. The rumor is that Carl and his wife were going to make their exit from Hillsong, and I think that Brian [Houston] knew his profile was too high and that people would follow him so I think it was just kind of getting rid of him and trying to tarnish his brand, Janice Lagata, a former Hillsong student and volunteer who worked with Hillsong NYC church leadership, speculates in the doc. . The apology comes after Birmingham high school English teacher Jasmine Faith Clisby told AL.com that Hodges followed and liked several social media posts by Kirk in the wake of national protests over the killing of 46-year-old African American George Floyd by Minneapolis Police Department officers on Memorial Day. Its better to get to know the person before you look them up. That was the weirdest answer I had ever heard, she says. I was a member and my wife was a prayer partner at Healing Place Church in 2012. Grow quickly multiplied year over year, and it became evident that church leaders are hungry to be trained and equipped in a very practical, hands-on way. In July, COTH broke ties with Micahn Carter, a COTH pastor who had come to the church in 2019 for restoration. I think Gods doing it to America.. I lost trust that I could not always believe they were properly teaching scripture. Church of the Highlands Exposed Part 1 of 2 18,048 views Sep 10, 2018 87 Dislike Share Save Right Divider 2.56K subscribers CORRECTION: I called the pastor "Bill Hybels." That is incorrect. ARC President Greg Surratt denies the charges. When Hayes and a then-boyfriend had sex and confessed their slip-up to Lentz, she recalled their exchange: Carl asked, Did you use protection? I interrupted, Yes, of course. And his next response was, Huh. "Whites left the inner city. . No One Knows. Restoring pastors also appears to be an emphasis for ARC, where both Hodges and Rizzo serve on the Lead Team with well-known Christian celebrities, like Christine Caine and Miles McPherson. According to Karim, over the course of their affair, Lentz cried in front of her, which she took as a sign of his vulnerability. Lentz told Hayes and her then-boyfriend to stop seeing each other, and they did, to their mutual heartbreak. Chris has a deep passion for developing leaders and planting life-giving churches. : http://thewartburgwatch.com/2017/01/16/did-you-hear-the-weird-story-about-pastor-david-pursifulls-resignation-from-the-arcs-building-church/, The Wartburg Watch: Building the ARC An Overview of this Church Planting Network: http://thewartburgwatch.com/2014/11/05/building-the-arc-an-overview-of-this-church-planting-network/, The Wartburg Watch: ARCs Robert Morris: Paul Preached Under the Influence: http://thewartburgwatch.com/2014/12/01/arcs-robert-morris-paul-preached-under-the-influence/, The Wartburg Watch: Personal Experiences with ARCs LifeWay Church of Milwaukee, Wisconsin: http://thewartburgwatch.com/2015/06/26/personal-experiences-with-arcs-lifeway-church-of-milwaukee-wisconsin/, The Wartburg Watch: Dino Rizzo, Stovall Weems, and Steven Furtick: Banking on the ARC?