Now on the Hotstpot I get 10 gig of LTE speed which gets throttled to 2G/3G after the 10 gigs . Phone 64 I can tether full speed and watch video with any resolution. So my hotspot from the s8+ does work but it continues to count toward my tether data. Perhaps Im missing something? Assuming you have a puter what are you running?? (Normal tether) Im pretty sure of this. Was 64,set to 65. Was using the ADB fastboot TTL 65 etc and dun 0 trick with the Galaxy S7 Nougat through T-mobile.. Right now I dont have any of the info around me and a lot on my plate. How to obscure network device information for GL.iNet GL-MT1300? I have tried vpn but it didnt work. Mobile phones use a TTL of 65, and it's ond of the ways carriers know you're using cellular or hotspot. All of my carrier files have broken signitures. However if you could run a VPN server on phone and client on tethered device youd effectively mask the fact that you are tethering. If I can fly under their radar using 300 GB monthly for all my devices, it still beats a 30GB limit. Lol. I do not have money for Pfense. Chris pfsense is free jusT like all of the other nix. Tried trial version of TunnelBear VPN, not working. This is in part because, on many phones, T-Mobile has pre-installed network monitoring software designed to detect extracurricular data use. I have no problem with other mobile devices connecting to my Nexus 5x, just supper slow on my desktop. iptables -t mangle -I POSTROUTING -o `nvram get wan0_ifname` -j TTL ttl-set 69 I want the regular desktop version of all sites to show up. One option for updating: This is so we can break it. Here in Florida t-mobile throttles everybody after 26GB monthly use. On an LG K7 w/ metropcs 8gb plan, android version 5.1.1. Jay It communicates to the network router whether or not the packet should be in the network for too long or discarded. We are working within the cage and its never quite fun. Lucubrating is a span of twelve character sets [words] from the character set farmer. The first method didnt work for meI have an LG Aristo for T-Mobile (Not MetroPCS brand) with the $45 unlimited monthly prepaid plan and Ive tried the first step with the dun=0 thing and Im able to get into adb shell settings on my Windows 7 64-bit laptop via command prompt (had to install it by downloading the 1.3 version of adb tools since the latest version 1.4.3 didnt work for me) but I get this error after I type in settings put global tether_dun_required 0 and press enter http://imgur.com/fQNSP9K (please ignore the blank user lol I just edited that out during screenshot) can someone tell me what Im doing wrong? I have been messing with the firewall rules to change the outgoing TTL to 65, but I cant seem to get it to work. Did you use the paid version of EasyTether? From my experience, if you make mod changes AFTER u reach your limit, the changes wont take effect till next billing cycle. For me though, my shield would only bypass the throttling if I turned on the VPN on the shield itself. TTL and VPN can be substituted for each other in most situations. I find myself in a similar situation as you and am running out of options. Ok. After I hit enter I just see: doha_n:/ $, I was wondering if this means it came through or am I doing something wrong? i think there is a slight error in this article. That are still tracking but it only flags yellow for certain sites. But you went this far with the router; might as well use it for a few months then build you a server and just end up turning off dhcp and just using it for the wifi connections to your sever or as a torrent box. Not sure if its the battery or just done for. How is an internal vpn relating to your hotspot as far as hiding data?? Were all hoping you have better luck. Sadly, the International plan is no longer available. by punkguy00017 Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:56 am, Post With the phone it all depends on how the carrier recognizes tethering. Im looking at the apple source for bundles and theyre only sorted by bundle version number. by kz333 Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:48 pm, Post Can this work with broadband service? Its because the 28.3 is still on the phone so when it ignores 28.4 it finds 28.3. I have the same problem and would like to know whether you fixed that somehow or not. Any ping that runs through the router. I average 10-15 mbps on B66. Rarely do I see less than 10-15Mbs and only during the absolute most congested times and only momentary. Wouldnt torrents get flagged also? The original fix for tethering given in these forums was: iptables -t mangle -I POSTROUTING -o 3g-modem -j TTL ttl-set 64. so interesting comparing that to your solution. The issue was easily worked around on my desktop PC- set TTL from default 64 to 65, and viola! Phone 64 Are you saying you don't know how to use the editor on the command line? hello Junior you can download FoxFi for Android, Dee i have tried foxfi. iptables -t mangle -I POSTROUTING -o `get_wanface` -j TTL ttl-inc 1. I just copied it from the below link. As for the question about why an encrypted tunnel or VPN works is not because it hides the amount of data but what the data is. ission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS, java.lang.SecurityException: Permission denial: writing to settings requires:and I have done this, and the only issue Ive had is in reverse order (due to icmp icmpv6) but Im a little lost on the hotspot part and how it pertains to masking data from the carrier. Mar 18, 2018 #5 So this is working a dream, the only thing left is to get it automated. Right know the best setup I know modem wise is the s7 you can get well over 300 on met/tmob with its lteA and 256 qam setup. If not you can still do it but it isnt as cut and dry; with VPN and all. http://i.imgur.com/WNl1T3R.png. Its an old deal that isnt available anymore. Dee, I have read all the posts, but it wasnt clear if using the router with that method would hide the tethering usage. The phones data is still fast. This has been a life saver for me, as I'm on the road traveling with my camper for the rest of the week. That ship has sailed, though, and Im looking for a replacement. A free app on the google play store and it works for everything.. been doing it for months..never had any issues, Which one do you use? The TTLstands for time to live it is a counter on the data you send for its maximum hop count, or the number of devices it can travel through, for ever device it goes down by one, windows has a default TTL of 128, while Android has one of 64, if you change the TTL for windows to 65 when it gets to the phone the TTL will go down by one makeing it equal 64 the same as the phone. Navigate. It was not like this a few months ago. Why did everything but specific flashmode was working I've no clue. I recently went to a Verizon LG v20 (previously and AT&T v20) and mobile hotspot working fine for the past few months but after streaming off my TV for a couple hours all of a sudden my Verizon phones mobile hotspot is crippled with the message coming up I need to subscribe to Verizon mobile hotspot feature. The main issue I see people having is the lack of apn editing. Unfortunately when I tether internet, the provider redirects me to authentication offering me cut the speed in half(& well, I need to agree to it). No throttle untill I reset my phone back to the factory reset. When I turn off the VPN, data stops flowing through tether. # When changing values, first place # on all the TTL value lines beginning, like this line itself has. Name: DefaultTTL Cell companies expect this at this point so they inspect the data flowing through this channel to make sure you arent cheating them. Where specifically in DD-WRT settings do you change the APN? BEFORE rebooting unshare the network connection (disabling ICS). DD-WRT Rtr 66, <> Looks to me like T-Mobile has figured out how to deal with all these methods. To each there own. Just like with XBOX being used flags yellow and makes the hotspot AND regular data go up. by gscheb Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:42 pm, Post DEVICE TTL ATM changing TTL disables wifi connectivity. How to save changes? Plenty fast enough to stream my TV channels and Netflix. Receive the freshest Android & development news right in your inbox! Got Zenmate VPN ($42/2 YRS) and also Easytether Pro for less than PDANet and now back up and running. First we get the ability to push/overwrite the current bundle. End pf the story unless is a huge city also with under served amounts of towers it is unlikely you will go under 8Mb/s the lowest i ever have to deal with. I bought my routers thru Craiglist for less than $10 each. ill try to remember this site and come back later but look into my info folks. in a rc.local file, or maybe there's a /etc/sysctl.conf file you can modify the net settings in. Im making a WP website so I do use it more than usual but not in a 100gigs or so. Source:15) We are using an Alcatel One Touch 7 for our device. Can someone help me please, Ive managed to change the TTL on my ageing macbook and can now connect it to the internet via my phones hotspot, but Im struggling with my ps4 It will not connect to the internet through the phone hotspot wirelessly, or even through an ethernet connection via the macbook Pda will not work for me as I cannot use my phone as a usb modem because my macbook os is not supported with the correct drivers.. Its running Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63b) and will not support a newer os. If you're just using the data on your laptop/computer, use the following commands in the CMD window: netsh int ipv4 set glob defaultcurhoplimit=65, netsh int ipv6 set glob defaultcurhoplimit=65. This will result in a throttle since 64 is the usual leaving the phone. Any advice would be much appreciated, and although I want to get as fast a link as possible Ill be happy if the ps4 will connect at any speed , as sony wont let me play any games or use any apps unless I have a connection of some sort to their servers Thanks D. My bad, Tom M. I meant to write mobile DATA. If that doesnt work, which it should, change the number to that of the current one it with the way they work at w top level it should only be an issue if the name. on my LG stylo 3 i actually have to choose charging only option when trying usb debugging for some reason. at android.os.Binder.execTransact(Binder.java:697) But kind of complex to find, without your hint on location of the file to edit I couldn't google where it can be. Big diff. plugged in the phone. 4. Hope this helps, good luck! It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Step 1) On your windows computer/laptop, open a new command prompt as administrator. Well, I solved the issue of being masked, but now Im throttled while on the VPN connection. I can go back to an AT&T SIM card and that would probably fix it but before I do anyone have any ideas without rooting the bloody thing? Can you tell me how to use it at a Good speed(Not in very high speed lol)? iptables -A FORWARD -i eth1 -o br-lan -m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT Apologies for taking so long, I fell asleep writing a gpc script. Understanding and Configuring DNS TTL 13.05.22 Configuration DNS TTL best practices: Understanding and configuring DNS TTL The DNS TTL value shows how long the results of DNS queries are saved for. I think it is b1300 and a newer phone with more bands (nexus 4 had to be hacked to enable lte and only on band 4). Im close but no cigar on this. Get a free OPPO Find N2 Flip when you become a product ambassador. Pash Glad it is working well for you. Hope this helps and will try to check in when available. . After rebooting, if I login to PIA, it will show You are protected by PIA. Any help? My server doesnt have a head right now I Ill have to log it remotely and Im on the other end of the property. My question is, is there anyway I can stop them cutting it off all together? Win7 65 (registry regedit described by jcwarez above) On top on that slowly go down in hardware models of said router and record that. Thanks. but gaming will have a long ping so not the best for gaming if thats what you like to do.) As far as the tags; lets see how well my memory is. I don't know, all I can say is try it. So I can confirm that pushing Athens same bundle, but currupted, still makes it revert to the unknown bundle. "iptables -t mangle -I POSTROUTING 1 -j TTL --ttl-set 65". I've done this for ever and it's not going to be restricted to who you have but it will 100 percent get around any data throttling. C. At home on the same tower, no issues so far. Thanks for your comments! I cant figure out which settings youre referring to with PDAnet, there arent any to change regarding mobile/desktop traffic, Also, Im on Tmobile ONE plan, which is pretty much unlimited (full 4G speed up to 32GB of data used, then traffic prioritization after 32GB), so Im not sure what the 8gig limit you speak of is. There are two debugging modes: fastboot, & flashmode. that would explain what I think Im reading. to Austin for the original article and the great comments from Jay, JCWarez, Mildew, and Michele (and othersIm sure I missed somebody). According to this article, they were using the router to accomplish this: https://www.vpnuniversity.com/tutorial/how-to-share-unlimited-4g-data-with-your-router. Other connection issues crop up with Chromecast. it maxes out at around 90 here and avgs 50, even Verizon the supposed best net work can only get the same, there just isnt enough lit fiber where i live(there might not even be enough dark fiber to expand for all i know). 3 and 4 can be done by a automate tool, I use MacroDroid. With iOS if you can get it jailbroken you are set. Correct way with = 64 FIRST, the sum of this equals 65: Next is the incorrect way (out of order) with INC first and = after. Weird thing though is that when I put my Sim card in the router I can still get 50mbps on Speedtest.net but everything else is super slow. My phone is not rooted and it still working with PdaNet. Please post any questions or issues you have below, and Ill do my best to help out! Navigate to Network Firewall Custom Rules. Name: DefaultTTL I bricked it. Who uses the same plan and has said experience with not only android, yet iOS. Will report back. This will cause it to revert to the unknown carrier bundle. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Save my name and email and send me emails as new comments are made to this post. are the bundles in edited and for your model?? Yes it was in small text somewhere.. Oh well). Privacy Policy. Droid hands package and says hey Im sending this package for my buddy his information is on the sticker. Tried the registry method Default TTL to 65, not working. Unfortunately did not work for me. What should I do on the phone side, tetherdun=0 or net.tetheringprovisioning=true. Its the slowest of the bunch. i've read that disabling the ipv6 helps in similar issues. sppeeds will onyl be cut in half if you are running a repeater bridge with one antenna, especially a old as dirt linksys 54g, that barly has the power to run ddwrt to begin with(that had to make a light build to get it working on the thing), any thing you add as a go between will increase the latency, if you wanted the lowest latency why dont you just connect directly to the pc, with its ttl edited there will be no extra processing, the only need for a server or router to mangle the data is to allow more devices to connect, it also simplifies the network for me, but its not a requirement in any sense.