How To Use Corn Silk For Hair Growth, Accident On Route 70 Yesterday, Articles Z

This will be shown if an incident or maintenance is posted on your status page. Only show 1000 responses, even though we had several thousand more. It worked beautifully. Overall, the participation activities are fine. Just enough to get me through the class. This zyBook was very helpful with understanding core concepts on ARM instruction. It's honestly a very useful tool. So the first 1000 responses above are the first 1000 who answered Yes to that last question. Problem was that it was too well made. zyBooks assignments really helped me understand the material I was learning because of its interactive aspects. zyBooks is terrible Hi all! There is some room for improvement like some progress bars or score calculation bar. Overall experience is great! I enjoy the interactive modules. Outside of lab sections, I really enjoyed it! not much, so far, pleasant experience. The interactive parts help me understand the material the most. It was also very helpful to reference later as I progressed in the course. That's great for the teacher, and that's how software is really tested in real life, however, students from SNHU (at least the ones I tutored) are going through the course without ever running a single line of code on their computers, and interacting with their programs, they just keep writing the code on the zylabs interface, and keep sending the code until the testing suite says the code is correct. The concept is great but answers are stupid. Much more user friendly then my experience with ____ and ____. The textbook overall could have used more detail for the contents. I love the real-time feedback on labs and challenge activities, as it allows me to catch my mistakes early on and fix them before they cause me any real trouble. I would be happy to see other class in zybook. I think it is an amazing platform, it helped me learn a lot! I very like the interaction part of Zybooks. I think it is for the most part good, but there are labs that are far more challenging than what we are prepared for in the lessons. My favorite of the online textbook solutions. Allowed me to be better prepared for lecture and tests. zyBooks is a great way of keeping the readers engaged in the material with the ways i'ts formatted and the embedded book activities. For instance, I realized the declarative knowledge regarding some concepts were presented after the procedural knowledge was presented (i.e., how to use it was presented before the background info containing its purpose and use). I liked that it was conceptual and interactive. Whats the point if i cant go back and read/practice the information anyway. I have always struggled with math and this year I wasn't doing so well. zyBooks is a comprehensive online learning platform. It was a good estimate of what I knew or didn't know. It is only when they have you apply it that everything goes out the window. Great system overall. It was good, I like how there was no penalization for getting the wrong answer creating better learning environment. The step by step examples are super helpful. An easy and effective method to learn the material! First is a unique experience compare to others third parties learning website. second it also helps the instructor on seeing how students in this class do. I liked the interactive aspect of it, though the way the information was sometimes structured was a bit confusing. This is my first time using zyBooks. Very helpful with good readings, I enjoy how when I get an example wrong it explains how to do the problem. It is good for learning, but very specific in its requirements, not allowing different strategies to answer the challenges. It was fine to use but not my favorite way to learn. I really like the way one can visualize the processes instead of looking at static images. Really helps retain the knowledge. However sometimes even if youve done it incorrectly in the activities it doesnt tell you. I find the labs to be good and reading the book itself proved super helpful. As a beginner, I have found it teaches me at a great pace and combines reading with practice well. Also providing a few more exercises at the very bottom, both simple and difficult, would be helpful. User interface was my favorite part of zyBooks, very easy to flow through the material and the graphics used for the chapter examples really helped me understand the material I was studying. We did not filter responses based on positive or negative comments. I believe if zybooks had videos inputted into the class it would be easier to learn. It helped me learn with the readings and then practice/ apply my new-found knowledge with the labs. Nice ui with good activities that help solidify understanding. The active activities do aide in learning the material. ZyBooks interactive features like animations to help visualize key concepts, learning questions which are presented in different formats, and the many tools with minimal text are very beneficial to build skill and intuition. Practice problems along side book are quite helpful. The fact that it reinforces your learning with practicable examples helped me learn programming concepts better with zero programming experience. If you're going to punch a minority, punch up not down. By far my favorite online textbook platform, love the interactive modules and progress tracker! These tools can also be used in an enjoyable way in class to decrease the temptation to . The participation activities are a great help when I don't understand a topic all that well, but sometimes the challenge activities can be quite tough for a beginner. This fall, I'm taking a similar programming class at the university I'm transferring to and I'm 99% sure it's going to be in python. zyBooks is a very straightforward program to use. The zyBook is great to use as an open resource for class. Zybooks has given me a deeper understanding about Java. It's more engaging than just reading a textbook and it is really helpful to see these sometimes abstract concepts illustrated/animated, especially for someone like me as a visual learner. Press J to jump to the feed. It was helpful, organized in a good, easy to understand way. So far it has been extremely useful for diving further into topics, The visual aspect of zybooks is really nice compared to others, I like the interface and the variety of questions, This has been very helpful during the crisis. It has helped me grow as a code developer. It is easy to follow and allows you to learn and practice as you read. The challenge exercises are good, they keep repeating the basic concepts until they are fully understood by the user, not allowing the user to move on until passing--great idea. The educational content is good. Often times could replace a whole class. I do not have much of an opinion on this. I thing zyBooks is a good program. I'd rather use zybooks than zoom lectures. I love zybooks. The content on zyBooks is amazing, but the coursework in my class does not always relate completely. Easy to use, good tutorials and plenty of examples. Not to mention the frustration. I think zybooks is a good resource as study materials to go back and look through briefly, but as a textbook it doesn't translate well for some courses. The feedback for each question, whether it was answered correctly or not, is helpful. Of course, nearly every educational publisher can find and post a couple of nice quotes from students. I like the interactive exercises compared to traditional textbooks but I like a physical copy of textbooks that I can use without electricity though. It was actually just super helpful with the examples, I think there are improvements to be made but they were much better than my other text books. zybooks is bad. Zybooks was the reason why I changed mi major to a computer related area. this is refering to code. I learn better through zyBook's example problems, especially when I miss them the first time. All reading material was readily available, due dates were clearly written and sections were clearly broken down which made completing homework assignments in multiple sessions very bearable. zyBooks provides organization and clarity for your assignments, due dates, and other activities that you have to do. Zybooks learning materials are very clear and concise. I like the interactivity. We hear this from community colleges, 4-year teaching or research universities, top-10 schools, and more. This is the correct approach to learning in my opinion. The animations are very helpful, and I like that everything relates to something in real life so I truly know that learning this will be useful in my every day life. offered interactive learning that was a great help, I wish there was more instruction on the challenge problems to implement more learning. Pretty well organized for an online Textbook. I really enjoy the coding and the test we have to take a part in. It helped me to develop my basic understanding of each chapter. _brudy 2 yr. ago Whats the desktop IDE? Helpful lecture content, labs and challenges. My students love it! I really enjoyed the zybook material more than a regular book. Super easy and quick to use. over simplifies the concepts and the graphic things are too slow, Easy to use learning platform, and the challenge activities can help students learn better. The interactive activities are helpful for learning. Laiba Mustafa, Student, University of Guelph, zyBooks increased my confidence in coding. Some stuff may be easier to find but other material can be hard to find. This web Design class has been a little better. I really like it and the interactive activities, Very informative. inspired by a Chinese philosopher, 818 AD. Some of the participation questions are tedious but the examples are super helpful.The overall structure of the course is also very well organized. I am learning a lot of new things! There were other areas too, this is just the one I can remember off the top of my head. I used to take an introductory programming course when I was still in electrical engineering but that was structured terribly for first-time programmers. I like the user interface design and the interactive challenges and assignments. In my opinion, Zybooks puts big name textbook manufacturers to shame. I felt the challenge questions allowed me to prove that I knew what I was doing. zyBooks is a great learning program that helps the user learn the material that is needed, the hands-on challenge really enhance the learning experience. I liked zyBooks but the labs were a lot harder than the assignments. ZyBooks is a great interactive online platform that made coding very easy to understand. It's written way better than my standard textbook. The only complaint that I have is the Labs are so picky on the code.. not reliable at times. Helpful since it shows answers rather than leaving a practice activity with confusion, The format for Zybooks on the parts that are the blue areas, are confusing, and honestly, some of the examples are very hard to follow when you have to scroll down the page and back and back and fourth. It really prepares you with its activities and is an overall great addition to this already great site. I think that it's a great educational tool, I like how straightfoward and easy to understand the course material, I enjoyed the challenge questions they provided and the fact that they always bolded key terms in my text. I think it's a helpful tool that is good for supplementing learning, but needs outside sources to make the material interesting. I benefitted from the many exercises in coding and reading/solving code outcomes. The C++ module with Professor _____ had labs created by him that requiring skills not covered in the participation and challenge activities. It has been tremendously helpful in teaching me java. We don't really have a recitation where we use this code so Zybooks was a pretty good substitute for it. I loved the interactive exercises in the textbook, it made it really easy to learn the material. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. During studying computer architecture, I always crave to know the exact flow of the computer(with animation or sth). Zybooks is very tedious, but it really helped out with everything I saw in class. The way zyBooks makes the students engage with the material is very benefical. I really like the interactive features because practicing code right after learning makes it solidify in my memory. specially with our current situation at the moment! I like the way the material is presented and I have learned a lot from it. I am not a computer science major, and I thought this was a really helpful introduction to the material. zyBooks actualized it. The first textbook I've actually used in my college career. It is far superior to _____. Zybooks gave a more in depth look at lessons, which I appreciated. However, I do believe that some of the feedback messages could have been more descriptive/helpful when writing the practice codes. The interactive chapters really help me understand the material and provide the opportunity for hands-on learning. I'm finding it very helpful especially with the illustrations and animations. Programming is very different from other subjects. Like the main class was in the. I liked that it was conceptual and interactive. await doAll (). I am enjoying the material except zyBooks is terrible. Very nice design, very easy to navigate and operate, A good way to learn the information by having many participation and challenge activities. Its amazing and walks through step by step. I love this software because it teaches and helps when incorrect answers are input rather than just saying you are wrong. I'm enrolled in a Data Science class that was just offered for the first time this semester. Could be tedious with spacing. However, submitting autograded code was a pain sometimes, forcing me to wait a couple minutes between each upload because the code wasn't exactly how Zybooks wanted. I think it's really cool to learn like that I like the activities. Would have loved to used zybooks for one of my psychology courses. From my experience of using zyBooks, I feel that it is a great tool for learning java. It was so helpful having learning activities right under the information to enforce it. I start losing focus. I wish there was some more help with labs but overall a great service. Zybook has been a handy tool and has helped me understand the concepts thoroughly. I am usually against the use of online textbooks, I find them hard to navigate (I also dislike looking at a computer screen for long periods of time reading but that isn't relevant). It was much more engaging and I learned a lot faster with the zybooks this semester. It is pretty useful for learning ans studying, but sometimes the assignments on here are over material we never really went over. It was much better than all other textbooks I've used so far. I stared at and attempted the lab for over 45 minutes before understanding what it asked, but there was no helpful hints on where to even start. I think it is a great way to learn coding concepts in particular! I personally needed the mixture of zyBook, worksheets, and lectures to feel like I was fully understanding the material, so it was not enough for the class by itself, but it was a great resource. Glassdoor gives you an inside look at what it's like to work at zyBooks, including salaries, reviews, office photos, and more. Zybooks really helped me understand the course material for this class. It was good for learning because i wasn't just reading, or just activities at the end. I appreciated the ability to have instructors supply their own material. Zybooks made learning C++ easy. I enjoyed that this site came with interactive activities and review questions that helped me retain important information for my course. into thin air outside magazine article 1996; zyBooks helps you learn in an interactive way. showed me what I needed to learn, and it provided several examples. It costs too much money and should be available always. I love the way the lessons are structured and each topic or concpet has enough examples to help you understand. zyBooks has been an incredible resource. It is a lot easier to follow than a regular textbook. So many online sources don't do that but I like that it encourages students to learn from mistakes. The questions at the end were also very useful as It made sure I was prepared for my class's tests and quizzes. It is not my favorite software to use, but it is definitely helpful when it comes to reviewing materials with the challenges and participations. So far learning basic coding skills has been easily understandable. I do not think I could have learned any other way. I enjoy the interactive activities in the chapters. Very detailed. If you are talking about string streams or vector::sort, then talk about internal implementation as well. It is very helpful but the challenges and labs are sometimes difficult. Overall, I really enjoyed it. I didnt really like it, it doesnt explain the concepts really well. It is so organized I know exactly what need to do and can easily see my progress. All playback participation activities. View latest updates. It was very helpful and the practice problems were very well designed. The textbook industry is too bloated with big companies who have little to no interest in actually proving useful material, only to make a buck with forced overpriced textbooks.