Gloria Gaither Health, Evoo Laptop Won't Turn On, Michigan State Police Captain Salary, American Senior Citizens Sweepstakes Company, Country Mart Warsaw, Mo Weekly Ad, Articles W

Assessing public speaking fear with the short form of the Personal Report of Confidence as a Speaker scale: confirmatory factor analyses among a French-speaking community sample. Stenophobia Fear of narrow things or places. Potophobia Fear of alcohol. So if my husband is across the room and asks me to throw him the remote control, I have a panic physical reaction. I wouldnt get too hung up on finding a name for it, but if you want to name the fear of infestation, just look up the words greek or latin derivitive and add phobia behind it. What's Taylor Swift afraid of? Myxophobia- Fear of slime. Persistent and Excessive Fear Persistent fear means the fear of storms does not come and go or depend on specific variables but is present every time you are aware of a storm or the possibility of a storm heading towards you. 3. Who were the models in Van Halen's finish what you started video? I would like to know too if there is a name for it, as fear of closing eyes definitely exists. Rupophobia Fear of dirt. Spiders, flying, small spaces - it's all common things to have a phobia off and we are not alone. Pyrophobia Fear of fire. Till now not famous celebrity has this fear of tables problem. Brit freaks out mid-audition from an odd power surge on stage. Is this a common fear, no. because my fear is that if I need pain medication for manageable pain, I would not be able to cope with a more severe pain, such as breaking a bone or being stabbed! Madonna is supposedly very scared of thunderstorms. So recently this year ive been having anxiety over a few things. If this is a big problem for her, she should see a professional. to control things that are not in your control. So anyway, is there an official name for this??? Not that I know of doesnt mean it doesnt exist. In addition to this, I feel the same amount of discomfort when watching other people touch, even if its just a casual knock of the hands when walking past each other. Basically if theres something and it makes noise im scared its going to explode, Can you have the fear, yes. You social anxiety is probably tied into this, since fear of making mistakes and failure are usually tied into low self esteem or self worth, meaning on some level you feel or see yourself as being less capable than others or you cant seem to put your own self worth into perspective with society in a way that supports you. I have a fear for fingers but not that I get scared when seeing them or anything but I freak out when something bad happens to them. I dont know what it is but it just scares me and shuts me down, While this may be a phobia, it sounds like it might also be something deeper, or not, depending on how it impacts your life and how often. Allodoxaphobia Fear of opinions. Scatophobia- Fear of fecal matter. You have done your part in raising him. And I kinda geared up a bit because I thought Id loose it. A phobia is an anxiety disorder involving fear of a situation or object. Koniophobia Fear of dust. Click here for instructions on how to enable JavaScript in your browser. Autophobia Fear of being alone or of oneself. Worst case scenario for a lepidopterophobe: Worst case scenario for an eisoptrophobe: Every Purposefully Corny Joke from Norm Macdonalds Comedy Central Roast of Bob Saget, Ranked, 15 Riveting Items of Trivia That Fell Into Our Laps This Week, 5 Elaborate Mysterious Projects Carried Out Literally Underground, 15 Trivia Tidbits About Trailer Park Boys, I Was the Bowling Consultant on The Big Lebowski, 6 ABSURD PHOBIAS (AND THE PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY HAVE THEM), we don't know if this psychosis predates exposure to Cruise or not, don't count on getting him into the studio with the Insane Clown Posse, is a more pure botanophobe, being perpetually creeped by "filthy" household plants, 5 Mental Disorders That Can Totally Get You Laid, 15 Incredible Inventions That Were, Technically, Gigantic Failures, Kevin Bacon Was in a Band Called Footloose When He Was 15, Conan O'Brien Runs Down Every Hideous Mutation of His Hideous Body, 15 Bits Of Trivia So Powerful, They Would Have Instantly Vaporized Our Ancestors, 12 Healthcare Innovations That The US Needs To Adopt ASAP, Molly Shannon Got Hired on Saturday Night Live and Mugged on the Same Day. The names are more important for billing insurance companies than helping people change. Every time I see someone really annoying I get really scared that if I watch them for too long or I talk to them that I will develop the Same behavior and then I will be as annoying as them, so I all ways try to avoid them as it scares me. List of Phobias: Common Phobias From A to Z. Verywell Mind's content is for informational and educational purposes only. Sorry dont know a name for this and the name is not going to help you change how you feel. Agateophobia- Fear of insanity. What is the phobia of Allah? Try toovercome yourphobia and focus on all the positive things life has to offer. much appreciated, Noah, Noah, if this is a one time event, regardless of how real it was for you, then it could come from numerous reasons and hopefully it will just be something that happened. Though in all fairness to Nicole, we don't know if this psychosis predates exposure to Cruise or not. I cant believe I didnt get arrested. That's really cool you were able to beat your fear of heights by skydiving! Chronophobia Fear of future My daughter is absolutely, 100%,terrified of slides at playgrounds and parks. In winter, they only wear vests. Itd be greatly appreciated if someone helped me! Trypanophobia Fear of injections. I also have this problem. You do not need a label to seek help and I would encourage you to do so, because this can create a huge burden on all facets of your life. But, not just insects, infestation in general. Can there be such a fear, of course, people can fear anything. Singer-actor Justin Timberlake is believed to be afraid of spiders, snakes and all other creepy crawlers. There may also be other things going on, but not enough info to be sure. Or an arm that is longer than the other. hydrophobic ), in biology to describe are born. Is there a name for the fear of anything/everything having to do with the medical field? Rhypophobia Fear of defecation. And slightly afraid of this with strangers? Is there a name for it? The only nightmare in my life where I woke up screaming. Entomophobia is the fear of bugs, but that will not cover your situation completely. i believe i have it because my mom is really sweet and talks in a sweet voice and when i see women exactly her opposite it just scares me to death. Dystychiphobia: The fear of accidents. It really sounds to me as if your idea of importance in relationship to the world outside could use some tweeking, that if you give an answer to someone it will put you in a box that you are uncomfortable with. I found It very weird and unnatural that it looks like that. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. If not, youd probably say to make one using greek roots and what-not but I dont want to say a word and it not be scientifically correct. This fear drives people either to be successful or have failure in life. so, is there a name for the irrational fear of being taken care of? Find someone qualified in your area to work with. Famous people might seem fearless on the red carpet, or even write songs about it (like Taylor Swift did), but in reality, they're giant scaredy cats with common, and even not so common fears, just like you. He once commented "There always seemed to be a darkness lurking just under the surface, a potential for real evil." Anyway, I have the hardest time talking to people about how I feel. Also does anybody know the name of a phobia of being left behind or being replaced? Look up the Greek or Latin word (or words) for your phobia and you are half way there, Genophobia or erotophobia is the fear of sexual intimacy. Sarmassophobia Fear of love play. If this is problematic for you or it interferes with you ability to cope with daily life, see a professional. Come, on Swift,the ocean is cool! It is believed that many famous personalities including singer-actor Barbra Streisand, beauty Marilyn Monroe and actor Sir Lawrence Olivier gave amazing performances on stage despite being terrified at the thought of speaking before the masses. Because there are an infinite variations of fears or phobias, there are plenty of fears that are unique or expressed in unique ways. Hobophobia Fear of bums or beggars. Hello! Kopophobia Fear of fatigue. Labels are primarily for Insurance companies. The difference in your case will come down to are you checking or have the urge to check the door being locked (for whatever reason you place to this) or do you just have a fear of unlocked doors (it does not sound like it). Isopterophobia Fear of termites, insects that eat wood. Microbiophobia Fear of microbes. Sciophobia or Sciaphobia Fear of shadows. Coprophobia Fear of feces. Or any plane journey to be honest. Ombrophobia Fear of rain or of being rained on.. The so-called Windsor Framework will significantly slash trade red tape between Britain and the province that has been frustrating firms. I am deeply afraid and panic when touching my bones/muscle. Worst case scenario for an eisoptrophobe: Xenophobia Fear of strangers or foreigners. Ouranophobia Fear of heaven. While you want to the best for him, you will want to work on changing the only thing you can change, yourself and how you hold your relationship with your son. I call it afostphobia. Now that we're over 10 years out from her starring turn on Baywatch, the feeling is pretty much mutual. The real thing you want to focus on is if this fear is one impacting your life, you may want to see a therapist. So what should you do? If this is more than just a curiosity for you and it is a real issue, seek counseling. Catagelophobia Fear of being ridiculed. Kristen, while there could be a phobia element in this, it sounds as if you are suffering from OCD. She confessed that when she reads scripts, she keeps a cup of water by her side, so that she can dip her fingers in before turning the page. I dont know why this is happening. Famous Eisoptrophobes: Its the scariest thing for me. Chiraptophobia Fear of being touched. Some phobias may also indicate self esteem issues, PTSD or forms of abuse. Is there a name for this, not that I am aware of, though that doesnt mean a name for doesnt exist. Psychology has compiled thousands of phobias, to the poi Articles CATEGORIES Ichthyophobia Fear of fish. Anxiety & Depression Association of America. I suspect there are some deeper underlining reasons to your fears that are not going to disappear until you find the ability to talk to a counselor. You want to look at whats the issue at hand and how it much it effects you and is it truly a phobia. Gnosiophobia Fear of knowledge. Iatrophobia Fear of going to the doctor or of doctors. Presumably, their concerts were strictly dance-free. Is there a fear of developing the same attitude or behaviour of someone else by just watching them or being with them. I cant find the name for the fear of being followed or stalked. Is there a fear of something watching you while you sleep? You may want to check this out with a local health provider and get a proper diagnosis. If you are seeking help, anyone in the health profession will understand what you are speaking of, If someone can think it, there can be a fear of it. Considering youre the most recent comment i can find, i was wondering if maybe you know the fear of ones ear being stabbed, or something entering ones ear thats sharp. I have a fear of touching and feeling my own bones. (I need it for a story Im writing, its really important for the story line). Batophobia Fear of heights or being close to high buildings. I would think you dont want to be hurt, that there is a fear that someone who can attract others might be lured away from you, but I would need more info. It started one day, because I saw a video with arm wrestling go extremely wrong. Cause I had the same problem not with bags but with things like holes in the ground that might contain something that bites and/or is poisonous. I started freaking out and raising my voice a bit and that wall should not look like that. This may sound weird, but as of yesterday, Ive had a kind of pain in my eyes when thinking about bathtub faucets. There are many things that could be happening, there is just not enough information in your message. Bathophobia- Fear of depth. 2023 Dotdash Media, Inc. All rights reserved. Laliophobia or Lalophobia Fear of speaking. I am constantly looking over my shoulder, terrified that I'll see someone I'm a fan of out in public. As you may notice while you browse through this list, most specific phobias fall into one of four major categories: One important thing to remember is that virtually any object can become a fear object. Coke was originally supposed to make you smarter or something. Find someone in your area to work with. Demi Lovato - Elevators. Phobias are common and treatable. I. So, I think I have cacophobia. I know of no phobia specific phobia that relates to this. Testophobia Fear of taking tests. The sight of a Newtons cradle on a desk is upsetting to me just the idea that it has the capability to have an unpleasant effect on me. While this may have something to do with bathtubs, it may also be a fear of being harmed transferred to the idea of bathtubs being harmful. Agateophobia Fear of insanity. Is there a phobia of this? what is this called? 2020;9:F1000 Faculty Rev-195. is it true? I get grossed out and starts to panic when I touch my collarbone or feel my ribs. She thinks if she doesnt do so then something bad will happen. Garuda Automysophobia Fear of being dirty. Is therea name for fear of being given romantic affection? They all come under fear of furniture which phobia is called Epiplaphobia. Optophobia Fear of opening ones eyes. What should I do, I think you may want to get checked for OCD. Since people can fear just about anything the mind can conceive, not all specific fears are named and they do not need to be. If you experience it, then you have it. Gynephobia or Gynophobia Fear of women. Coulrophobia Fear of clowns. This video has been medically reviewed by Daniel B. Look up the Greek or Latin word (or words) for your phobia and you are half way there. Agoraphobia Fear of open spaces or of being in crowded, public places like markets. Do people have it? Dermatosiophobia or Dermatophobia or Dermatopathophobia Fear of skin disease.. I have a fear that constantly plagues me of opening my eyes and something being there that wasnt there before. What is the fear of losing everyone and not being able to do anything about it? Pauul The thought of God forbid a bone breaking nauseates me and I cant even eat food off the bone. Since your mind is creating this, it probably will not just go away on its own. Kathisophobia Fear of sitting down. These names themselves are often formed by taking a Greek prefix that represents the fear object and adding the -phobia suffix. Have you worked with a therapist or counselor of some sort to work through this fear or are you going to continue to be bothered by it? So, youre saying that Agoraphobia is an irrational fear that NO trauma might trigger such fear??? My daughter has a fear of people looking at her bare feet. I doubt you will ever be the type of person to intentionally go out to hurt someone, so that probably will never be an issue for you. Malaxophobia Fear of love play. Anxieties can go from general to specific actions or items. Do not know what it is called though. If it does pose some danger, the person's response is usually out of proportion to the. I have constant nightmares/terrors of being hated/outcasted by loved ones is there a name for that kind of fear? The best I can research up to is of a symptom of FOH, Fear of harm. I dont know what its called, but I definitely have is as a phobia. Limnophobia Fear of lakes. Uranophobia Fear of heaven. When people treat me important and are really nice . Arsonphobia Fear of fire. I suppose this could be related to clausterophobia, but I have a very hard times with rooms. Such as when someone says Ill tell you later but you fear it wont occur, While this could be a phobia, it sounds as though you may have trust issues, either with a particular person or with yourself. it really scares me. 2 Whoopi Goldberg. The condition is called trypophobia. is there a fear of drinking water? No one has the same criteria for happiness. The fear of (direct) confrontation. so I woke up in the middle of the night in a pool of sweat, dreading the fact that my dream may have come true, I MIGHTVE GOTTEN MARRIED TO A MAN!!! Phobia means fear and the possibility exists in any of us that anything can be feared. What should I do? Now people can fear just about anything, because the mechanism for many fears is virtually the same, its just focused on different subject matter. Well you know if you dont do anything, nothing will change. I immediately close my eyes but the scene will keep replaying in my mind. Chorophobia Fear of dancing. Is there a fear of not using things up? Thank you for your help, and excuse my bad English. Psychology has compiled thousands of phobias, to the point that it seems somebody in the field has made a hobby of inventing them. Maybe. Hey, are there any famous people with Ecophobia? Many times they fall under the heading of other issues or just life events. Happiness is what you create, so take some time on this to work on. I dont close my eyes when i shower and i try not to close my eyes for more than a blink. Carpophobia fear of wrists Our website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. This all happed today with the stain on the wall and a part of the wall breaking.I decided to wash myself but never did because i went to my sister and asked her why this was happening and I explained to her my eyes were bursting with tears and I suddenly couldnt breathe easily because it felt like my throat was clogged and i was struggling to say the words I wanted to to so i told her to come to my room. I also have this fear, and I was looking for someone who has it also. Phasmophobia Fear of ghosts. If someone doesnt think they have a problem, why would they listen to advice from anyone. Britney, I am going to guess there are some trust issues you have with dealing with the unexpected. If this fear does not impact your daughters day to day living, then it may just be one of those things she can live with. I wished I could fly around the world to escape the night. I am constantly looking over my shoulder, terrified that I'll see someone I'm a fan of out in public. Thermophobia Fear of heat. Myrmecophobia Fear of ants. Right now Im feeling uncomfortable writing this but i need to figure this out. Check these out! There are thousands of phobia names and new ones are being made up all the time. Motorphobia- Fear of automobiles. Thanks. They may be easy to address or they may be more complex, cant tell with the info you have provided. If it is fear, I would suspect it is social phobia. I have always had some generalized anxiety, but I have noticed that this particular act causes my hear to beat fast and loose my breath. I have had thanatophobia since childhood but am developing strategies, I hope! The mind / nervous system can have a fear of anything, so yes, this can be a thing. F1000Res. I would catch a glimpse out the window and start to shake and cry. Vegas. Find someone to work with that can help you adjust your over attachment to others when you get in a relationship with them, to help with the black and white perspective you take. Is there a fear of oneself hurting someone else? Many phobias are a bit more complex, such as fear of germs, which often is OCD. It keeps me up at night. not sure what you are asking other than I think you doubt someone could have such a fear. Yes that is possible. If they occur frequently or are getting worse, you may seriously think about seeing someone about these or working with someone on these issues. What is the fear of everything being fake? ), How Old Are One Direction Now? Nyctophobia Fear of the dark or of night. Phalacrophobia Fear of becoming bald. Is there a phobia for fearing not being able to contact people? So yes to all your questions, There are many dynamics at play here and I know there is much more to this story, so any attempts to explain your sons behaviors would be inaccurate, other than to say he has unresolved issues, is deeply conflicted about himself, his identity, his past and how he can process his emotions. Do you feel you can bring value to another persons life? Is there a fear of telling someone you dont like them back.Because Ive struggled with this forever and I havent ever turned someone down when they say they like me.It really makes me depressed cause I HAVE A GIRLFRIEND.And its really effecting me in more ways than one. A growing number of people are reporting a fear of holes. Scelerophibia Fear of bad men, burglars. Coimetrophobia is the overwhelming fear of cemeteries and can bring on negative physical symptoms such as shortness of breath, dizziness and even a full-on panic attack. I dont know anyone who deals with this. Botanophobia Fear of plants. Not Large Objects. You know they are irrational, but they feel real to you. Kakorrhaphiophobia Fear of failure or defeat. Phthiriophobia Fear of lice I make this work, sometimes, but lately they are getting worse and i feel like I am sliding down a slippery slope that I cannot climb back up. Find someone to work with who specializes in transforming fears. It is a fear, however whether it is solely a fear or contains other components I cannot tell from the info given. You can create your own name by taking the Greek or Latin word for what you are seeking and placing phobia behind it. Atomosophobia Fear of atomic explosions. So while a very real condition, we have choosen to leave it off our list. Eurotophobia Fear of female genitalia. You may be suffering from social anxieties, PTSD or some form of paranoid feelings. If Im unsure of what is twenty feet ahead but know what is within reaching distance then I am not afraid, but if the reverse is true and I know what is ahead but can not tell if something or someone is near to me I feel panicked. Well, you'll feel a hundred times better about yourself when you see some of the strange phobias that celebrities suffer from. Types of exposure-based treatments that may be used include: During this process, you'll also practice relaxation techniques to help calm your body when your fear response kicks in. Ecclesiophobia Fear of church. Spermatophobia or Spermophobia Fear of germs. Olfactophobia Fear of smells. Gephyrophobia or Gephydrophobia or Gephysrophobia Fear of crossing bridges..