Rapid Identity Gilbert Public Schools Login, Who Are The 6 Traitors In Greek Mythology, Hillsborough County Permit Status, Puppies For Sale In Grand Junction, Co, Articles W

Dont Forget Your Supplies!This little brush might look funny, but its my absolute ride or die!Rollers like these hold the most paint and make the job faster. And I love the plum color for the door, but rust was a close second. On cabinets, I would use a semi-gloss or satin because higher-gloss paints are more durable than flatter paints. This means I dont always have the quality or TYPE of pics I need, but DEFINITELY have some SUPER helpful info to help you on your way! As I write in my post A Better Alternative to Chalk Paint, I have had great success with using a primer and latex paint on furniture as opposed to chalk paint. BM Hale Navy is a color that accentuates your decor but is not so loud that it doesn't coordinate well with the other furnishings of your home. Its LRV is just 5, but it is such a bold color that it reads lighter. I almost like the honey oak more than the darker wood. If you are concerned about it being overpowering, you can just do hale navy on your lower cabinets. A relatively neutral blue might look slightly blue-violet if you partner it with a blue-green. Thanks for being a subscriber!! You could almost do any color of hardware with Hale Navy, but I do think black would get lost against it. Love your posts. Hale Navy is a shade of blue with just enough of a neutral base to calm it down, so it doesnt look like its trying too hard. Assorted Foam Paint Brushes (see the current price here). As I said, I love the versatility of this color as so few colors can be used on walls, exteriors, cabinets, AND furniture and match any design style. This hale navy bedroom shows how well this color can be minimalistic without being too stark. There really werent many popular colors to compare, and I found just one pretty close match: Royal Navy. It looks especially good in rooms where it can contrast with white like the laundry room in our home. Which ones on this list would pair well with golden yellow LRV 77? And, it's true, it's a grayer navy than say Hale Navy. (Check out my full review of Aegean Teal, with lots of real-life examples.). Hale Navy is so versatile for walls, kitchen cabinets, and furniture and at the end of the day it is a safe bet if you are looking for a versatile shade that coordinates well with different colors. Explore. My second dupe from Behr is Starless Night. It seems like lately, everyone and their moms are painting things Hale Navy and I cannot succumb to paint-color-peer-pressure-and-predictability. Thanks again! Repose Gray is one of Sherwin Williams top picks. Deep colors are dramatic and rich creating depth in your room, filling it with creativity, energy, and confidence. After graduation he attended Officer Candidate School and was commissioned in November of 2002. In the latest and greatest version of Rachels house, it sports a dark brown door. For that reason, it looks great in a white kitchen whether its painted in Chantilly Lace (a warm white) or Decorators White (a crisp stark white). These days, that voice is telling me to breath and to create margins in my life to focus on Him. It is also significantly more gray than Hale Navy, and a touch more green. The closest Sherwin Williams color matches to Hale Navy, are Charcoal Blue and Sea Serpent. Peel & stick samples are painted by hand with two coats of real paint, guaranteeing 100% color accuracy and zero mess. Your tutorial on painting with Hale Navy has given me confidence to do the same. Compare the front door to the welcome mat the comparison will help you see the COLOUR of Naval a bit better. Sign Up Here to Grab my 31 Best DIY Hacks to transform your home on a budget! I would not personally put a color as dark as Hale Navy on my walls AND ceilings, because I live waaay up north where its dark all winter, so my house needs all the help it can get! Navy can bring to mind everything from traditional maritime color schemes to elegant evening gowns. Because of this, I keep Zinsser Bullseyes 123 primer in white AND in gray on hand at all times as painting with a darker primer is a great way to save time, money and effort! Join me as I give you my best DIY tips and home decor hacks while sharing some faith-filled encouragement along the way. Naval is pretty similar to Sherwin Williams In the Navy, and not so similar to Hale Navy. The best I found were Midnight Blue and Starless Night. Earlier in your post you recommend a foam high density roller, and later in the post you recommend a microfiber roller. Her mirror was on the top and she put all of her makeup in the top drawer. The fastest, easiest, and most affordable way to test your paint colors, is by ordering a peel-and-stick sample! ): When youre considering painting brick, most people just think white, but Hale Navy actually looks pretty amazing on brick exteriors: You might not want to paint your brick at all, in which case it would be nice to know if this color will work with your existing red brick. So, for milled legs, I spray paint those babies because it saves me a lot of time than brushing on primer and the legs turn out better in the long run! ), This is What Behr Silver Bullet Really Looks Like (Plus Dupes! Gray Owl is a soft greige color from Benjamin Moore. Also, it plays nicely with wood, lighter stained floors, a gray roof, or whitewashed bricks. Every morning I have a time of stretching where I listen to Christian music, deep breath and pray about the day ahead. Please enable JavaScript in your browser to submit the form, What Color is Benjamin Moore Hale Navy (HC-154). In a more colorful palette, Hale Navy complements copper tones, light or dark natural wood, spring greens and complex neutrals. Army and Navy have met annually since 1930. Let the piece dry overnight before adding the hardware and using it. For more exterior ideas with this gorgeous color, click here: Benjamin Moore Hale Navy Exteriors. Here is a shot of Hale Navy in her living room: Here is how Hale Navy looks in direct daylight: I would say that this is the absolute lightest Hale Navy would ever look. BM Hale Navy vs. Sea Serpent. No tint. The thing with blue (and many paint colours) is that how they look is subjective based on whos looking at them AS WELL AS the products and OTHER blues theyre partnered with. 1. . It is a better match if you want more of a royal blue than a true navy. Hale Navy and Revere Pewter look stunning together. I am starting a blue and white kitchen project and the sheer number of blues is overwhelming! Few dark colors can still accomplish light and airy like this one can and I like how Hale Navys great depth of color grounds the space. Compared to Cheating Heart, the blue in Wrought Iron takes more of a backseat and the black-gray comes forward. What are your thoughts on Indigo Batik 25% darkened? You can see more of this cozy room and desk area in Sarahs post here: The Best Navy Paint Colours. That said, I have to complain that in your entry about non-neutral colors, you gave us 10 colors, and only 3 of them are not blue. WHERES MY WINE?! And for you-let's face it-blue is a neutral. Thanks to its versatility, the deep blue makes Hale Navy houses stand out, especially with a creamy white trim. Old Navy 2063-10 / LRV: 3.11 Old Navy is more of a royal blue. If you are concerned about Hale Navys gray undertones, you can go with Old Navy (Benjamin Moore 2063-10). For true navy paint colors, it doesnt get any better than this! I prefer a stain finish on all my furniture pieces. . I so appreciate your encouragement. If Black Pepper is lighter than what you were expecting for 25% lighter, you might like: Evening Dove is just a bit lighter than Hale Navy, with an LRV of 12.02. Hale Navy is a dark navy blue with a hint of charcoal. Where Should I Paint a Feature Wall and WHAT COLOUR Should it Be? Here are just a FEW reasons why I recommend Samplize to my clients. Hale Navy by Benjamin Moore is our go-to navy blue exterior paint color. (Because you need a 6th option.) Its VERY comparable to Benjamin Moore Newburyport Blue. Hale Navy is a classic and popular shade when it comes to navy blue paint colours. Hale Navy is Benjamin Moore's most popular navy paint color. It might be my favorite neutral with Hale Navy (besides white)! Browse Collection of Plants & Seeds. Any remaining roller marks you see in the paint finish will settle out while the paint is drying. SW Charcoal Blue vs. Sea Serpent Cameron Aljilani as . That being said, it works very well in coastal or beachy color schemes. I havent seen Hale Navy on walls and ceiling together, but here is a dark color called Cascades by Sherwin Williams to give you an idea: White trim and lots of natural light keeps the space feeling open. LRVs range from 0-100, with 100 . Pin. Im often guilty of pushing myself too hard, taking on too much and generally being my own worst crtitic. I thought this color was a deeper gray with some blue like the side angle of the house. We love James Hardie siding for its marriage of form and function. The Hale Navy RGB color values are 67 red, 75 green, 86 blue, or in other words, while Hague blue is 62 red; 78 green, 86 blue, which means Hague Blue is also a bit more green than Hale Navy. We went with BM Westcott Navy and I love how it turned out! (For the rest of my time-saving furniture painting tips, fill out the form at the end of this post for your free checklist!). 19K views 3 years ago I looove Hale Navy. Ill try to narrow it down to a few good ones, and maybe save the rest for future posts. Im a little lazy when it comes to furniture painting and if there is a shortcut that still gives me the same beautiful finish, Im going to take that shortcut every single day of the week and twice on Sundays! Learn faster with Brainscape on your web, iPhone, or Android device. Then every afternoon, I tear myself away from blogging for my daily Bible study and then have a long walk with my dog Jake afterwards. Behr doesnt have any perfect doubles for Hale Navy, but they do have some decent dupes. (Super pretty color! This is especially true on exteriors, I have a few different homes to show you, and Hale Navy looks true to tone on all of them. You need the right environment, finishes and colours to support the strength of navy blue, but these ideas will at least get you off to a good start. Im a pretty big fan of this bright yellow door with Hale Navy: This is a very bright sunshine color, but you could always choose a shade of mustard and it would also look great. In real life you can tell the difference, Blue Note leans ever so slightly teal in comparison to Hale Navy. Balboa Mist is another light greigey color that is popular for whole homes. Soot is often regarded as one of Benjamin Moores black paint colors. Samplize offers peel and stick paint samples that are more AFFORDABLE, EASIER and more ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY than traditional paint pots. Aug 11, 2022. When Im not spending time with my family, you will find me redoing furniture in the garage or watering plants in my greenhouse. Cloud White is a warm white with a hint of creamy yellow.