Team De La Cruz Volleyball Roster, Famous Native American Mathematicians, How Often Does The Balboa Island Ferry Run, Articles W

You can get a market value on your W. Richards shotgun from www.bluebookinc.comHave the gun handy as they have a form to fill out with some very specific questions. PrOOF mark CirCa PrOOF hOuse tYPe OF PrOOF and gun since 1952 Ulm since 1968 Hannover since 1968 Kiel (W. German) since 1968 Munich since 1968 Cologne (W. German) since 1968 Berlin (W. German) since 1952 Ulm voluntary proof for hand/long guns since 1952 Ulm repair proof for major gun parts since 1952 Ulm provisional black powder for shotgun Proofed at 2 and the chamber length remains 2 . Description, W. Richard Side Lever Shotgun. Condition: Fair. $1,500.00 Engraved W. Richards & Co. Damascus double barrel hammer shotgun pre 1899, London. The gun in question is undoubtedly a Belgian made "hardware store" gun, and a lower grade at that. If you would like to know how you can use content on this page, see the Smithsonian's Terms of Use. Brand: W. RICHARD Caliber: 12 Gauge Item #: 943839840 SKU: BELGUIM Stock No. Nigel Brown's three volume series on British Gunmakers makes the identification and dating of these W. Richards guns fairly simple. While there are certainly many decent Belgian guns out there, I'm not aware of how one goes about identifying much about them. Remove the barrels from the action and take pictures of the rest of the proofs that should be on the barrel flats. Westley Richards composed pair of 12 gauge & 20 gauge with each gun having two sets of interchangable barrels Action Calibre: 12 & 20 gauge Action: Sidelock Ejector with hand detachable l, "Westley Richards One-Trigger Detachable Drop Lock 12 Gauge shotgun. Highly figured English walnut stock, hidden third fastener, and, This is a Westley Richards 12 gauge Anson & Deeley Hammerless Gun. Paper Cartridges for Percussion Revolvers, Paper Patch Bullet Molds .25-.35 Caliber 1-Cavity, Paper Patch Bullet Molds .36-.41 Caliber 1-Cavity, Paper Patch Bullet Molds .42-.45 Caliber 1-Cavity, Paper Patch Bullet Molds .46 Caliber & Up 1-Cavity, Cowboy Firearms, Muzzle Loaders & Vintage Military, Black Powder Muzzleloader Shotguns & Smoothbore Muskets, Black Powder Muzzleloading Percussion Revolvers, 1892 Winchesters Lever Action Rifles & Carbines, Pedersoli Trapdoor Black Powder Cartridge Rifles, Carbines & Officer Models, Leather Goods, Cartridge Belts & Cowboy Clothing, Buffalo Arms Custom RCBS & Lyman Sizing Dies, Hornady Lock-N-Load Power Case Prep Center. Westley Richards & Co. uses cookies to optimise your experience on this site. Visit the IIIF page to learn more. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov. I'd tidied it up, it was tight and shot well but I hankered after a fine english gun. Serial number 94. W.H. W. Richards Double-barrel Shotgun: . And these are known to the older residents of this board as a. Belgium, C. 1880s. Leather-cased, LOT OF TWO DBL BBL SHOTGUNS. WESTLEY RICHARDS 16GA 2 28 F/M SLEEVED BARRELS WITH 98% BLUE. There is a crack in the butt plate and it is missing the hammer on the left side. We apologize for the interruption. Engraving on lock and hamer are faint. You will find an E-mail address posted in 2002 in one of the responses. I'm really looking forward to next Fall in Minnesota to see how it does on those yummy little ruffies. Thanks Lliam, Paolo Vimercati on January 9, 2016 at 4:22 am, Dear Sir. Description W. Richard Side Lever Shotgun. Please Description Cal/GA: W. Richards Side by Side 10 Gauge Shotgun: W. Richards Side x Side 16 GA Hammered Shotgun: Westley Richards Single Trigger Dbl Barrel, Westley Richards & Co. She started life as one, but was reproved to 2 3/4 in the fairly recent past. Thanks True Droplock ga.Shotgun Right barrel has lifted dent 12" from breech on +that c, Boxlocks - Built in 1906 this light 12g. Both are very high quality and engraved. It shows your abality, There has been no comment from you on this post. Featured Gun Classifieds Westley Richards Shotguns, Westley Richards "Heronshaw" Pair. Westley Richards hammer double from 1860 ! Lock and barrel are unmarked. W. Richards Shotgun. 2-piper, I will defer to your spelling expertise. I have a cased pare of " I think" horse percussion pistol, for they have a clip bracket on the side, They are In very good all round condition nicely engraved of estimate Cal 12bore, With the Serial no.585 on both pistols, can you please give me the date of manufacture and if you can an estimate value, I have a WR riffle in my possession, that has the serial number 39771 and is marked 425. 14 7/8"pull from front trigger to solid black Kick-Eez recoil pad. Actually tight on face and in proof. Most double shotguns represented here. Click on the results to view more details Thank you. Barrel length: 32 inches. OAK & LEATHER TRUNK, Westley Richards --- Sidelock Ejector --- 12 Gauge, 2 3/4" Chambers --- in Oak & Leather Case, WESTLEY RICHARDS DROPLOCK EJECTOR 12 GAUGE SHOTGUN, WESTLEY RICHARDS PINFIRE SXS HAMMER GUN 12 GAUGE. Gun is in good condition with some light blemishes. They will be of the quality that was ordered/paid for, farmer grade BLNE to to best work SLE. (Zambia), my friend has a Westley Richards in 425 magnum. 660 Vermeer CourtPonderay, ID 83852United States. Contact Us. With 28-inch tubes and a LOP of 14 7/8-inch, this little BLE still only tips the scales at 5LBS13, and it's comb was/is so petite that even with a very slight cast-off it still fit's me (a lefty) shockingly well. For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser. It has the quality of a JABC. Respected Sir. You can opt-out at any time. W. Richards suggest a knock off of the Westley Richards name.back in the early part of the 20th century.this was common and to some degree.it is still done today..The biggest such act is the use of the . Kingston, NY 12401, 2023 Numrich Gun Parts Corporation. I believe the 14 stamped proof means 14 gauge. W. Richards was the trade name for Henri Pieper, a Belgian arms maker in the second half of the 19th century. 28x2 5/8" NP s, Westley Richards Droplock Live Pigeon 12ga. Extractors. Barrel is 20" L and gun is 47" L overall. I have a shotgun and have been reading the previous posts on these W. Richards double barrel guns. Westley Richards boxlock with very nice nitro proofed Damascus 30" barrels and gun weighs only 6 lbs.! WESTLEY RICHARDS DELUXE DROP LOCK SXS 2 BARREL SET 12 GAUGE, WESTLEY RICHARDS BEST SXS SIDELOCK SHOTGUN, 12 GAUGE, TWO BARREL SET, CASED PAIR OF WESTLEY RICHARDS BEST QUALITY HAMMERLESS DOUBLE BARREL SHOTGUNS, WESTLEY RICHARDS GOLD LETTER DROP LOCK 12 GAUGE, ANTIQUE WESTLEY RICHARDS BEST QUALITY BOXLOCK EJECTOR 16GA 28 1/4 BARRELS 2 3/4 CHAMBERS MILLER SINGLE TRIGGER STUNNING WOOD GREAT GAME/CLAYS SXS, WESTLEY RICHARDS BEST DROPLOCK SXS 20 GAUGE, WESTLEY RICHARDS BEST DROP LOCK SXS 20 GAUGE, Westley Richards on there early action, one of the first hammerless boxlocks and she still works great! The proof marks you describe would seem to be Belgian marks so it could be difficult to trace the true manufacturer. SMITH, Belgian Richards Double Barrel Shotgun. London. Note that Westley Richards never (I know, never say never) marked his guns other than "Westley Richards." Overall length is 43". 12 gauge, 32-inch damascus barrels with textured rib. If you need to request an image for publication or other use, please visit Rights and Reproductions. Serial, W. Richards Breechloading Shotgun 12 gauge, *WESTLEY RICHARDS BOXLOCK DROP ACTION DOUBLE, RAVENSCROFT RICHARDS & CO. SIDELOCK DOUBLE, FRAMED SCARCE 1919 WINCHESTER CALENDAR. It features laminate damascus steel barrel, double hammer, double triggers, engraved receiver, checkered wood furniture, slip on rubber butt pad, and leather sling. Outdoor Hub, LLC (d/b/a Carbon Media Group), 30800 Telegraph Rd, Suite 1921, Bingham Farms, MI 48025 USA. (1) W. Richards, An English hammer shotgun by W. Richards No, my gun is old and well used, and a sweetheart to shoot. The hammers both function and strike with trigger movement as they should. A little trivia. Description Cal/GA: 12. Westley Richards guns have Brand Value of 3/4 of Boss-H&H-Purdey-Woodward guns and W. Richards have 1/2. if you would like to place this item on back order. The barrels are stamped on the solid rib "W. RICHARDS LONDON LAMINATED STEEL". W. Richards Marked Shotgun, trying to identify age, Re: W. Richards Marked Shotgun, trying to identify age, http://coveyandnye.com/purveyor-of-fine-ards-best-grade, Powered by UBB.threads PHP Forum Software 7.7.5. 26" Barrels Choked IC/M. The hammers both function and strike with trigger movement as they should. MATCHED PAIR, SKEET AND FULL, 2 1/2", DOUBLE TRIGGERS, STRAIGHT HAND GRIPS, SPLINTER FORENDS, CHECKERED BUTTS, 6 LBS 1 OZ, 1-5/8" DAC, 2" DAH, 15" LOP A matched pair of 12 gauge, Single, 34"- 23/4" modified barrel, stock dimensions 15" LOP, dac 1 1/4", dah 1 7/8", 3/8" cast ON, 8lb 10oz, Unusual to find a WR sidelock, and this one has even more unusual "art deco" engraving. Lead, Follow, or get the **** Out of the Way. Westley Richards - Drop Lock SxS, 20ga. Wonderfully figured European walnut straight grip stock, period recoil pad, gold oval, automatic ejectors, rare single selec, Westley Richards - Boxlock, 16ga. That is sweet. Used W. Richards Side x Sid, Fine bores choked full and improved modified, 30" barrels retain 95% bright shiny barrel blue, receiver retains 25% case colors with 50-60% original blue remaining on the underside of the receive, Westley Richards best quality droplock matched pair Gun #1 28" ejector barrels with concave rib 2 1/2" chambers 1 1/8oz nitro proof Chokes .020/.024 Bores .729/.729 Proofed, Westley Richards 12ga best quality boxlock ejector live pigeon gun 30" barrels with flat matted rib 2 3/4" 1 1/4oz proof Choked .036/.052 Bores .736/.736 proofed at .729/.729 Minimum wa, Westley Richards 12ga boxlock ejector wildfowl gun 28" barrels with matted rib 2 3/4" chambers with 1 1/4oz proof Choked .015/.033 Bores .735/.736 proofed at .729/.729 Minimum wal, 42 inch barrel. Westley Richards we found in the back of our vault ~ Jim said did the cat drag it in from the sewer? 26" Barrels Choked IC/M. As I tend to buy fit and quality, and not necessarily the "name", I'm not the guy to ask. Enjoy complimentary delivery on orders over $300, retail exclusives and company news, plus the latest from The Explora blog. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. The bores are bright and shiny. Cased, westley richards london double barrel hammer shotgun, Westley Richards "Gold Name" 12ga Droplock Pair Cased, Original Westley Richards 12 guage Crab Knuckle Pinfire Conversion Arms stk #A229, Westley Richards composed pair of 12 gauge & 20 gauge with each gun having two sets of interchangable of barrels, "Westley Richards One-Trigger Detachable Drop Lock 12 Gauge (S10378), WESTLEY RICHARDS DROPLOCK 20- 28" EJECT "C" BOLTING THIRD BITE Bbls.- ABOUT 1909- GREAT WEIGHT at 5 Lbs. Serial, W. Richards Breechloading Shotgun 12 gauge. We require a photo ID from the . JavaScript is disabled. Cal/GA: 12. Albert Einstein". I am not sure what the other marks reflect. Double triggers. restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum. Wood is in nice condition with aged varnish turning dark. Gun History. I am looking forw richards Shotgun Forend and would like to see more pictures before making offer. 1880. All serial numbers match. Engraved by G. Moore. $320, 26" MOD AND FULL 2 3/4 SINGLE SELECT TRIGGER EJECTORS BEAVERTAIL FOREARM PISTOL GRIP NEW CONDITION IN MAKERS CASE 6LBS X 2 1/4 X 1 1/2 X 14 1/8 SWIVELS ADDED, 26" FULL AND FULL 2 1/2" CHAMBERS DOUBLE TRIGGER EJECTORS SPLINTER FOREARM PISTOL GRIP EXCELLENT CONDITION 5LBS 8 OZ X 2 3/4 X 1 3/4 X 14, Boxlocks - Very solid Westley which could be used as is or restored to new glory. But it's easily the most petite Webly I've ever held. "Westley Richards 10 gauge double shotgun with damascus barrels and bar in wood. Eleven books, sporting titles: Russell Annabel, Richards Double Barrel Hammer Shotgun. (1) W. Richards, 2174 - Richards 20 GA Shotgun Chamber length: 2 - 1/2 inches. The W. Richards shown has a "top lever" barrel release latch where yours has a "side lever" barrel release latch. Is your gun as svelte as this one? A forum community dedicated to all firearm owners and enthusiasts. Only registered users can write reviews. The lock plates are marked "Westley Richards" and the bottom tang is marked "6432". The Maharaja of Patiala - Sportsman and Statesman, WESTLEY RICHARDS GUN & RIFLE SERIAL NUMBERS. The lock plates are marked "W. RICHARDS" and feature floral scroll engraving and an engraved game bird on each lock plate. For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser. I can't help, but give it a little bit, the pros will be along. There are a few markings on it, saying "W. Richards" on both sides. If I type in the letters + number in it comes up with no results. The horn buttplate is good with some small slivers of horn missing overall. Rick - Go to the Shotgun Forum and type "W. Richards" into the search window. & IM), W. RICHARDS DOUBLE BARREL HAMMERLESS 12 GAUGE SHOTGUN, WESTLEY RICHARDS BEST QUALITY MATCHED PAIR DROPLOCK SHOTGUNS 28 BARRELS, WESTLEY RICHARDS 12GA 30 F/F EJECTOR BARRELS BEST QUALITY BOXLOCK EJECTOR LIVE PIGEON GUN, ORIGINAL CONDITION WESTLEY RICHARDS 12GA BOXLOCK EJECTOR WILDFOWL GUN 28 M/F 2 3/4 BARRELS, ATTRACTIVE WESLEY RICHARDS 6-GAUGE PERCUSSION SINGLE BARREL SHOTGUN, Westley Richards Gold Name boxlock with nitro proofed 30" Damascus barrels, W. Richards of Liverpool 12 Bore Sidelock Ejector with Excellent Game Scene and Scroll Engraving Highly Figured Stock, Westley Richards 12 Gauge Double Hammerless, Cased. if you would like to place this item on back order. The butt of the gun has a deer, two doe and trees carved into it. call us (208) 263-6953 m/www/home The engraving extends to the underside of the action, forearm hardware, trigger guard, upper and lower tangs, break lever and hammers. ANTIQUE ENGLISH SIDE LEVER SHOTGUN, 12 gauge, AN EDWARDIAN LEATHER SHOTGUN CARTRIDGE CASE, EUROPEAN DAMASCUS BARREL SIDE-BY-SIDE SHOTGUN 12, Remington model 34 tube feed, bolt action, Three percussion firearms, to include a Thompson, Westley Richards & Co. Thanks for the help everybody, knew it wasn't a Westley but hoped it might have been a lower grade William. Comes with case! Percussion fowler from the 1850's and is American in style. If you have a question relating to the museum's collections, please first check our Collections FAQ.