Mathis Funeral Home Obituaries, Articles R

Slide..$25, Rebound Slide Thats why a full hammer is good. It absolutely is effective, as demonstrated by your examples. The demand of new ROSSI 88 STAINLESS pistol's has fallen 1 units over the past 12 months. I have socks older than Mr Grant. Another point, that I admit is picking a nit, it is NOT stability that the bullet gains from a longer barrel. A variation of the _gat cookie set by Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager to allow website owners to track visitor behaviour and measure site performance. Great looking firearm! The R35102 had the best trigger and the most comfortable and largest grip; the spurred hammer could get hung upin a draw from concealment. Most shootings happen within 3 to 7 feet distance. A small frame revolver chambered for .38 Special and capable of handling the more powerful +P loads. She is kind of a wild child when it comes to shooting at those thug with a gun paper targets. . There is a small fraction of truth here, however. First post on these forums. Guys; I think I have the same 2 1/2" barreled stainless Rossi .357 971 w/the integral 3/4" compensator. I didnt know that you shouldnt dry-fire it. Hes older and doesnt have the arm strength to keep it straight out in front. Our Team Said: The Model 206 was not as nicely manufactured as the other two, and the grip needs to be updated, but it was accurate. Revolvers are legend. Tested: The Rossi Model R35102, $390, the Rock Island Armory Model 206, $320, and the Charter Arms Off Duty, $404. Blade$25, Barrel..$50, Lock Bolt Practice with 38 AND 357 carry with 357. Most of the dual action only revolvers are about 12 pounds versus most semi-auto pistols are around the 5-pound range. I usually carry a Glock 26 9mm but never feel under gunned when carrying My SP101. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); If you own a two-inch barrel revolver you have. While six-shooters absolutely have their place in a shooters arsenal, theyve often employed wrong. However, you may visit "Cookie Settings" to provide a controlled consent. 5.0. Our Team Said: The Off Duty was the lightest and most compact revolver tested. More powerful is more reliable at incapacitating an attacker, and expanding ammunition is crucial to maximizing a rounds potential. Ballistics: You have basically a 9mmRead more , I understand where Jim is coming from, but I dont agree with all of his thought processes. Rossi "885" 38 Special Revolver Parts: Hammer. I recently purchase a Rossi 38SPL model 35103, and I am so disappointed about the firing pin (or hammer nose) to be correct is broken. The Model 206 is similar to a Colt DA revolver design with a cylinder latch that is pulled rearward to swing open the cylinder. . Nice little wheel gun as always appreciate the stainless steel.Good stuff. Some of them have good crossover properties. 7 shots of 22 mag and a crimson trace laser grip. They grew to 0.6 inches with the Hornady ammo. But the wife said if I buy anymore guns or knives theyll be stuck up my ass, Ive seen other awesome Rossi .38s with grips that dont seem to fit, but the guns still look fantastic! . ROSSI 68 IN 38 SPECIAL GUN REPAIR PARTS LOT ITEM # 22-729. Assuming the wheel gun of choice is chambered in something really potent like .44 Magnum or .357 Magnum, the slow reloads are acceptable. 3 hard cast wadcutters with 2 90 gr. While a bit over-the-top, the statement holds true. I didn't believe them and dry fired mine. Condition: Used Used. Is Rossi Still selling them? A great example is the .38 Undercover series, a snub-nose that has been tweaked with features preferred by . I could hit a soda pop can at 50 yards with it time and time again, using hand-loaded lead semi-wadcutter ammunition. Hammer Nose Rivet, Used Factory Original. When shooting the Off Duty, we needed to curl the small finger under the grip. These came standard with walnut grips and were available either blued or with a nickel finish. In double-action operation, there was a perceptible amount of additional finger press needed to fire the revolver due to stacking. Most of what you say is both wrong and ignorant. . Rossi is issuing a voluntary safety warning on .38 Special and .357 Magnum revolvers made between the years 2005 and 2017 that may have a condition that could cause, under certain circumstances, the revolver to fire if dropped. Nice gun you haveRock on, shoot on! Smith and Wesson for me .I have two old school S&W revolvers a 649 with the shield on the hammer and a modle 66 2 1/2 inch . Reviews (0) Reproduction. Rossi's R92 lever action is a copy of the Winchester 1892 carbine, made in Brazil. rugersandsmiths said: On the sideplate on the right side of the gun, the screw on the very right (about in the middle of the cylinder) allows the cylinder to be slid out, once it's opened of course. MFG #: 285621. But Im realistic about both my, and its capabilities. The .38 Special, also commonly known as .38 S&W Special (not to be confused with .38 S&W), .38 Smith & Wesson Special, .38 Spl, .38 Spc, (pronounced "thirty-eight special"), or 9x29mmR is a rimmed, centerfire cartridge designed by Smith & Wesson.. I live right next to that location . He was convinced it should be a 38 snub. Not that long ago, I bought a Smith model 360. But the .357 will leave . I have the same gun, but mine is not a snub nose. Anyway I might suggest you use wadcutters for self defense in that shorter Revolver, they have mild recoil and are VERY effective at close range. We ran a range rod down the barrel just to check the chamber-to-barrel alignment and found it was good. With the 2 inch, the shooter would have to manually augment the extractor. This anonymous data helps us to better understand users' needs and customize the website accordingly. One of the greatest gun fighters in American history. Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. U.S.A. -(AmmoLand.com)- Despite the fact that revolvers are among the most recommended carry guns for new and female shooters, they arent all great choices. I never knew which model it was for the longest time, until I went to buy some speedloaders for it. How did I ever survive the last 49 years? Also, the trigger was the second best of the three tested, and it held six rounds for a 20 percent edge in capacity over the 5-shooters. Ive been carrying revolvers for 53 years and have enjoyed moderate success with them. The front ramp sight was machined into the top of the barrel. The concealed-hammer Off Duty model holds five .38 Special rounds and presents a lightweight, fast-shooting option. Also have the matching 3" barrel stainless model 88, it also does not have the pinned barrel. In figuring reload time, dont forget the time it takes to empty the spent cylinder. Numrich Gun Parts Corporation The wooden grips were replace by my buddy when he got it with some Pachmayr ones. $15.00 shipping. Ive only done it to mine a few times. Smith & Wesson M&P Bodyguard. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The Rossi had a nice blued finish and a full rubber grip that made the small revolver feel like a full-size unit. Ruger LCR-X 38 Special Double-Action Revolver with External Hammer $719.00 $629.99; In Stock Brand: Ruger; Item Number: 5430; Ruger SP101 .38 Special 5 Round DA/SA Revolver $859.00 $769.99; Notify Me When Available . Both the grips and latch are speedloader friendly. As a retired police officer with over 40 years experience, I strongly disagree with this article. Love that single action. Those old Interarms Firearms are great too bad Sam Cummings and Interarms are no longer around. My wife carries a snubby. Not 1980s B-movie amounts of silly recoil where the gun seems to be firing SCUD missiles, but enough that most shooters will want to stop a practice session after firing through two cylinders worth of ammunition. My OCD was pinging. 5 shot. 1. BTW, only buy inexpensive overcoats if your working. It requires many hours of practice, and few newbies are willing and/or able to dedicate that kind of time. To collect accuracy data, we fired five-shot groups from a bench using a rest. Otherwise they are just straw-man arguments. The combination of minimalistic carry sights and ultra-short sight radius stack the odds against the shooter purely from a usability perspective. The cylinder had play in it, and the grip was a bit too large for deep carry. If accidentally dropped, none of them will fire. What a treasure. Available in .380 ACP or 9mm, she handles the 9 OK, so we stuck with that. Cost..$30, Target I own a 642. But that doesnt mean the little guy cant get the job done. $400 Snubnose Revolvers: Rossi, RIA, and Charter Arms. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. 759067Smith & Wesson Model 642-2 .38 Special +P Revolver with a Centennial-style frame features an enclosed hammer and is made of alloy/stainless . SPONSORED. I tend to prefer the Rugers as I like their triggers better than Smiths and I dont want to pay Colt prices. Great video bro. Add to Cart. Three Rutgers, two smiths. In fact, I would argue it is among the most difficult. SS is stamped on chamber and frame. Take Care! I still enjoy a good modern age auto, like my Kimber ultra-Carry. We were able to coax it to under an inch with the Federal ammo, and our smallest groups with the Armscor and Hornady ammos hovered around 1.5 inches. MFG #: 53860. The new ones from Braztech since purchased by Taurus dont have actions near as smooth and no collectible value as compared to the old ones.These old Rossis always had a better trigger out of the box than a S&W J frame. As such, we had a hard time finding a holster to fit it. ..$15, Lock Bolt .38 Special is weaksauce, because its not even more effective than 9mm. I think it is easier to work a speedloader with cylinder held vertically anyway. ElHalcon . is it a smooth trigger? No doubt our comfort shooting would diminish as the grips shrunk. The R35102 had the best trigger and the most comfortable and largest grip; the spurred hammer could get hung upin a draw from concealment. Have you considered a 20 gauge youth pump shotgun for home defense. What we concentrated on were the functional aspects: triggers, sights, grips, accuracy, concealability, and ease of use. Extractor Rod), Extractor Rod, Blued (1-7/8", .190 Diameter, Left Thread), Extractor Rod, Blued (1-7/8", .225 Diameter, Left Thread), Extractor Rod, Blued, Used Factory Orig (1-7/8", .225 Diameter, Right Thread), Extractor Rod, Blued, Used Factory Origin (2-1/4", Right Hand Thread, .225 Dia. It looks like to firing pin, which is the hammer nose, is broke off. I just inherited this but mine is black. THANKS!! NOLA GospelTracts on October 10, 2022 at 9:21 pm. It came with a red laser grip sight. Place a weak hand finger or thumb in front of the cocked hammer, wedging it between the hammer face and the frame of the gun. In stock. Rossi Model 352 38 Special Revolver - Stainless/Silver, 2" Barrel, 5 Rounds, Polymer Grips, 3-Dot Sights 11 Reviews | 0 Questions & Answers . The Rossi was a traditional SA/DA revolver with an exposed hammer with spur. Unlike the RIA and Charter Arms handguns, the Rossi is a SA/DA with a hammer spur nicely checkered and offering a good grip. Cylinder capacity is 5 rounds of .38 Special standard load ammunition, not for high velocity. As with any firearm one has to learn to use it properly. And before that Jim Cirillo (look up his qualifications) felt well equipped with full wadcutters. 5 Best .38 Special Revolvers - Ruger SP101. Keep grinding. Answer (1 of 2): Short answer, I wouldn't. The lockwork of a revolver is more complex than an auto loading pistol. Plate.$25, Side plate Screw.Each..$ 5, Yoke (Crane).$25, Yoke Screw.$5, Barrel 2 inch or 3 Inch.$35, Cylinder With Extractor.$50, Extractor Rod Screw.$ 8, Extractor Spring..$5, Center Pin 2 Inch or 3 Inch..$20, Center Pin Spring$ 8, Cylinder Stop$15, Cylinder Stop Spring.$8, Hand..$25, Lock Bolt Spring.$ 8, Pair of Original Grips..$25, Grip Holding Block$ 10, Grip Screws Each$ 5, Trigger.$15, Hammer$25, Hammer Stop.$15, Nut for the End of the Rod..Out I have rounded up all my parts and plan on tackling it this weekend. Shame, I was looking forward to some range time with this Revolver. YouTube sets this cookie via embedded youtube-videos and registers anonymous statistical data. Stop$20, Cylinder Stop This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. My top four reasons that one SHOULD carry just a .38 snub. We felt all of these were well made, and we believe these revolvers will perform their designed task of self defense. Its the perfect way to show a total lack or respect for people and prove you have no real experience thats useful to anyone. Its why defensive instructions tell shooters not to use the slide release, but to charge the slide with their whole hand. Yes, some shooters struggle to rack an auto-loaders slide. Haha. There is no magazine to lose since the revolver feeds off an attached cylinder. I personally have defeated bad guys with a mod 60 SW. $116.53. This was a gift to me back in the 80s from my best friend. Id rather have that than the Glock for firepower. U.S.A.-(AmmoLand.com)- Despite the fact that revolvers are among the most recommended carry guns for . Just long guns etc. Rossi Model R35202 The Reality. I have seen the result of a 38 spl snub and 4 inch . Ill occasionally carry a S&W 640-1 357 magnum 5 shot with two stripper clips. That doesnt mean it was the best choice, only that he had good reasons. My father just gave me his revolver. The cylinder also rotates clockwise like a Colt. Rossi 971, 68 Hammer Spring. Seems , from many various forums, that Customer Service is less than stellar. From pocket or purse, meaning the hammer is enclosed like in the picture at the top of the article. Much like Rob Leatham talks about shooting fast, today. I have lots of guns but the Rossi has never disappointed me. But buying a locked-breech pistol and giving proper instruction makes this feasible for anyone who isnt struggling with a disability. I liked shiny so much I picked up a S&W 500. (30) . RE: Short sight radius: Install a Crimson Trace grip laser sight! I have the EXACT same model except mine is a 3 inch .32 Smith and Wesson long chambering. Wahi Valleys, I got that same exact revolver, checc out my page sometime, we in here. The Rossi Firearms website no longer shows handguns. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics". 2. YouTube sets this cookie to store the video preferences of the user using embedded YouTube video. I hardly ever shoot it because its hard to find ammo. As a cop in the 70s carried a 4 Smith; no +P, no speedloaders. They have a ffl. Great. Unless someone is willing to dedicate the time and training required for a snubby, its a poor choice for a novice shooter. Sweet. I can still hit a target at 10-15 feet from the hip. This makes it a good choice for CCW holders. I put this article under gun writers have to write. Rossi cautions against dry-firing that model of revolver because the firing pin (or "hammer nose") can break off. Might I suggest something a little more timely in the future and something more researched. Those little Rossi .38s tend to be very hit or miss as far as Quality Control goes. Nice vid. I had a gunsmith install a Smith and Wesson hammer nose on it and that solved the problem. JavaScript seems to be disabled in your browser. It particularly liked the Federal ammo, giving us a best 5-shot group of 0.4 inch. close friend was given a Rossi 38 Special that won't fire. Worst case scenario, reloading without a speed loader is akin to playing a life-or-death version of Operation with advanced Parkinsons Disease; your hands will tremble uncontrollably while you fumble to load slippery cartridges into a free-spinning cylinder and if you fail you might die. The Rossi hammer/spur rocks! One of the old gunwriter standbys Like The 30/06 is Dead!! The sights, we thought, were good, slightly smaller than the RIA and Charter Arms sights. I agree with your reasoning and your points. Written and photographed by Bob Campbell, using evaluations from Gun Tests team testers. A NYPD Officer shot and stopped 3 assailants with 3 shots from her snub. One of my favs. And this problem only gets worse for shooters with bad eyesight, in dim lighting conditions, or worse shooting under pressure. Ruger LCR-LG 38 Spl+P Revolver with Crimson Trace Lasergrips. In public when yellow sometimes begins to turn a shade of orange I can nonchalantly slip my hand inside my pocket without the oranges of the world knowing that Ive got a full combat grip on my sidearm. Besides which, it is immense FUN! Rossi R351 38 Special Used Trade-in Revolver, Rossi M685 38 Special 5-Shot Used Trade-in Revolver, Rossi Interarms M33 38 Special Used Trade-in Revolver, Rossi M88 38 Special Police Trade-in Revolver, Rossi R351 38 Special DA/SA Police Trade-In Revolver, Rossi 38 Special Police Trade-In Revolver, Rossi M68 38 Special Police Trade-In Revolver, Rossi R351 .38 Special Police Trade-In Revolver, Rossi M68 .38 Spl Police Trade-In Revolver, Rossi M951 38 Special Police Trade-In Revolver, Rossi M68 .38 Spl Police Trade-In Revolver DASA, Rossi 351 38 Special Police Trade-In Revolver with Rubber Grips, Rossi 685 38 Special Police Trade-In Revolver. hour. Here is what we discovered: The Model 206 gave good accuracy for a DAO revolver;the grip was dated. Ruger LCR. A small DA internal hammer .38 special like a Smith & Wesson 642, is what my Father referred to as a belly gun. A friend told me that in a revolver course he took he was encouraged to carry a 3 inch barreled gun rather than a 2 inch barreled one. The test_cookie is set by doubleclick.net and is used to determine if the user's browser supports cookies. I dont think that the author would assert that .38spl is NEVER effective. Granted its not a .38 spec, but I do have a few more rounds on me , 60 to be exact and at 50g, ballistic tip, I think its gonna leave a mark, permanent to!