Love's Rewards Add Receipt, Best Black Dermatologist In Nashville, Tn, Accident On 75 Dallas Today, Articles OTHER

Echovita Inc is a registered trademark. I think it makes the whole car even cooler. The Pontiac Grandville was the top-trim model in Pontiacs full-sized line from 1971 to 1975. Email: [email protected] Address: 7400 E Monte Cristo Ave Scottsdale, AZ 85260 . Chevys Bel Air and Impala in turn, Fords Galaxie and many other such nameplates started as a top-of-the-line glamour series, were replaced by another such bumping them into being the volume spec, and finally finished their days as the cops-and-cabbies strippo trim. Love the car names from back in those days too. There was always a GrandVille convertible in the row. Rust free both top and bottom. (Of the five years of GV production, Ive always thought the 73 had the most elegant tail treatment.). Used Pontiac Solstice in Belle Vernon, PA, Used Pontiac Grand Am in Belle Vernon, PA, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. Electra and 98 C bodies were 127 inches. This car has 55,000 plus original miles. Something went wrong. No way mine protrudes like that on my Buick. Source for tire and wheel application fitment data Last Update: Feb. 19, 2023, 4:32 p.m. News VCdb Integration Picture Information. One of them (I forget which, but I think Wink Martindale was the host) offered a row of new Pontiacs as a grand prize. 1975 Pontiac Grandville Brougham Convertible. Click on this listing to see what services they provide. That show that gave away Pontiacs almost exclusively was Split Second, hosted by Tom Kennedy on ABC. Pontiac Laurentian. All the correct pieces are present, including the mirror-like bumpers, full-length side trim, and even the full-width grille that was a 1973-only feature. the same year, 1971,that the grandville convertible appeared deville no longer came in a convertible. Seems the car washes were regularly breaking the d off Fleetwood, making them a Cadillac Fleetwoo. 67 000 miles, one repaint done after imported to Norway, in original color (either Limefire Green or Springfield Green, not sure how to find the name/number). The Pontiac had not seen another one like her since having been born four decades ago. It just didnt work for Pontiac since they had built so much brand equity in the Bonneville name that it just eventually made more sense to make it the top series again. If I had to spend my money on a B-Body I would avoid those 7 or so years I mentioned above. Join millions of people using Oodle to find unique used cars for sale, certified pre-owned car listings, and new car classifieds. For this era the Buick is my favorite by far, the Chevy tolerable but for that distant 3rd and 4th place slot it is a bit of a toss up between the Olds and the Pontiac, though Id probably choose the Pontiac in this case. This prestigious accolade represents the continued growth of the company, and ClassicCars.com's dominance as the world's largest online marketplace for Regatta Blue, white convertible top, white interior, 1973 Pontiac Grandville Convertible . This is a very nicely done CC. Im not a fan of the really bad fake wood on the door panels. Luckily the high tech industry didnt share that conviction, otherwise we will still be using, umm, PC Jr. What you see above is actually Iteration #5; one of the first ones was called If It Aint Baroque, Dont Fix It. Receive obituaries from the city or cities of your choice. She is not gonna like hearing this, but I do not particularly care for 1969/1970-1976 GM Fullsizers though the wagons get a pass. As she fretted about the next unknown chapter of her life, she recounted the various escapades and adventures she had provided. 1971-72 Pontiac Grandville Fender Center Trim Lot L/R Bonneville. - click the button below: Tire size: This dealer offers one or more services that allows you to experience the car buying process from the safety of your home. Best scene: Police are gaining on the Grand Ville (I think they are driving little Galaxies), so the driver accelerates up a parallel street past them and merges with them precisely coming down the hill. Non-apologetic and everything, like only US cars from a certain era could be. The P. This big, beautiful 1974 Pontiac Grand Ville convertible is one of the best ways to be distinctive, Gateway Classic Cars of St. Louis is proud to digitally present to you this 1975 Pontiac Grandville, 1974 Pontiac Grandville Convertible What a boat! I mean, I do get itGrand and Ville are both part of the Pontiac lexiconbut, its neither sporty or a destination. Convertible & 2 Door Hardtop Door Seal Pair for Buick Cadillac Chevy Pontiac Old. I agree to receive emails from CarsDirect. Im with you on the goofy name. Pontiac Master. Stock 3681-CHA Engine Size 455 V8 Transmission 3 Speed Automatic . The Grand Ville was the top of the line model offered by Pontiac during its production. On every one of the B bodies except Pontiac, the beltline finishes in a slow but increasing curvature upwards that comes to a sort of a point where it meets the c pillar of the convertible top. C $19.03 + C $27.14 shipping. Restored 71-72 Bare Bones Dashboard. While the name Bonneville had at least implied performance, the new Grand Ville badge suggested well, grandness. Thomas Klockau . It was kind of a stupid name, when you think of it a Broughamified Bonneville? Other game shows that gave away new Pontiacs in 1973 included Lets Make A Deal by Monte Hall (see previous post on this subject) and The New Price Is Right, hosted by Bob Barker, on CBS and there the Pontiacs were usually high-end models such as Grand Safari wagons, Grand Prixs or Grand Villes as part of their showcases most of the pricing game cars then were low-line Chevy Vegas or Novas, or AMC Gremlins and Hornets though an occasional LeMans or Ventura was featured. Learn how your comment data is processed. I always loved the odd combination of sport and elegance of the Pontiac Rally wheels with fender skirts. See more NOS GM 1974-1976 Pontiac Catalina Bonneville G - eBay Money Back Guarantee - opens in a new window or tab, NOS GM 1974-76 Pontiac Catalina Bonneville Grandville / fender support / 495663, Report this item - opens in new window or tab, NOS GM 1961-64 Oldsmobile Pontiac Hydramatic oil control by-pass valve / 8620398 (#195571397617), NOS GM 1976-77 Chevrolet Chevette chrome rear bumper / 360702 / RARE ORIGINAL GM (#125756439689), NOS RARE!! Pretender to the Throne: 1971-75 Pontiac Grand Ville. Then Jason maybe youll forgive me for adding my froggy 2 cents here (thanks for a great writeup by the way), but I think the coolest thing about this particular name is that, strictly speaking, it means nothing. A lot depends on the exact car in question though as different mfgs dealt with it slightly differently. In March of 1973 she Ordered a Black Thunderbird, unimpressed with the 73 Pontiacs. All documentation I can find calls the Grand Ville a B body. Great looking car. manufactured by Pontiac in United States ; 2-door convertible body type; RWD (rear- wheel drive), automatic 3-speed gearbox; The military honors was held on Sunday, February 26th 2023 at 7:30 PM at the Parzynski Funeral Home & Cremations (191 Liberty St, Perryopolis, PA 15473). Big house is grand maison. Pontiac Model 603. Ten minutes later we had it down to the fuel pump and had it on order. It actually was a 73 Catalina. A very rare option for 1974 was adjustable pedals. To me, the Grand Ville was the start of Pontiacs slide to oblivion. I never understood this when I was younger, but somehow always realized that the Grandville was unique. i dont shoot tri 5s for the cohort page for the same reason Gem sick to death of them seen one seen them all. But for reasons probably best known to the GM product planners themselves, for 1971 the Bonneville was knocked down one notch to the middle of the full-sized line, replacing the 1967-70 Executive, which was now discontinued. Free shipping. It made perfect sense. The 1975 model year brought some significant changes to the Grand Ville. The Family suggests memorial contributions be made in memory of Ronald Lee Petrosky to St. Jude's Hospital or in the form of a donation to the Perry Girl's Softball League. Teddy Chappaquiddick Kennedy had a 73-74 red Grand Ville ragtop too. under 6.300. 1971 & Up Full Size Pontiac Parts PONTIAC CATALINA BONNEVILLE STAR CHIEF EXECUTIVE GRAND PRIX Quality parts for Pontiac Catalina, Bonneville, Grand Ville and other Full Size Pontiac cars. She runs and drives like a dream, very correct in all ways. But never a Pontiac. For a girl with a few years about her, she knew time and relationships had been kinder to her than most. At least my Buick has nice flowing lines front to back that makes it look somewhat lower to the ground. In my mind Olds suffered from that quite a bit too since Buick got to dictate the basic design and Olds often had to figure out how to make something that worked with the Buicks doors but still look different. 1972 Pontiac Grand Ville Gateway Classic Cars of San Antonio/Austin is pleased to present this 1972 Pontiac Grandville. She had seen some over the years that looked like her, but nothing with a soft top. Great car and reliable. The Pontiac Grand Ville is a full-size car that was a sub-series trim package for the Pontiac Bonneville from 1971 to 1975, which had served as Pontiac's top-trim model since 1958 while remaining below the top level Pontiac Grand Prix. I cant believe somone would get rid of one of these cars for scrap without even investigating its issues. Are you looking to buy your dream classic car? The car was often sold with deluxe appearance options, such as sport wheels and vinyl tops. The 1975 Pontiacs debuted on September 27, 1974, and in all 523,469 Pontiacs were built for the calendar year. It was possibly supposed to mean Big City, but with city being a she in French, then Grand Ville should be Grande (NB. But, you could have sworn the 71 and 72s were an attempt to throw a C into the Pontiac line up. Canada also got a Pontiac called the Grande Parisienne, meaning A large Frenchwoman.. I recall reading here before that the GrandVille was a B body with a stretch, that made it sort of a hybrid between a B and C body. Unfortunately, lip plugs were all the rage that year. This prestigious accolade represents the continued growth of the company, and ClassicCars.com's dominance as the world's largest online marketplace for $24,995 Dealership CC-1667178 1975 Pontiac Grand Ville Sorry to be pedantic, but some of that high school French sticks with me forty odd years later. Believe to be complete. The Stevie Awards, the world's premier business awards recognized 1972 Pontiac Grand Ville Convertible 455-4 V8 Horsepower/ Torque Curve Check: 1972 Pontiac Grand Ville Convertible 455-4 V8 car fluids (oil and coolant) capacities Transmission specifications Complete transmission data: gear ratios, final drive, etc. SOLD. Pontiac Grand Ville. I had forgotten about it completely until I saw this car. (1971 to 1975) The Pontiac Grand Ville was introduced for the 1971 model year. Voiture de collection Pontiac Bonneville Brougham 428ci Big bloc 7.0l vendre de 1969, 100000 km, sur ClassicNumber.com, le site incontournable des passionns de la voiture ancienne, de collection, de sport et de prestige. I hope to find a two- or four-door hardtop for CC someday. How so few would be exposed to the cultural changes that only four decades can bring about. With plenty of paperwork and a fantastic overall presentation, the desirable 455ci V8 under the hood is just the cherry on top of this hardtop. No comment on the last full size convertible?? Color is perfect too. Base . I agree with Junqueboi; I find the 73 rear styling very attractive. It was at least worth seeing what was causing the no start issue. - eBay Money Back Guarantee - opens in a new window or tab, 1971-1976 PONTIAC GRANDVILLE BONNEVILLE 4dr SEDAN UPPER B PILLAR COVERS, - for PayPal Credit, opens in a new window or tab, about earning points with eBay Mastercard, Report this item - opens in new window or tab. Classifieds for Classic Pontiac Grand Ville. New manager was just an average GM guy and wanted Pontiac to match whatever Olds/Buick was doing. Pontiac Model 601. This is backed up by the three-speed automatic transmission, power steering, and front disc brakes for the ultimate easy driving classic. Pic is not one of my cars but shows the look well. Your email address will not be published. Aka, broughamize it!!!!!!!! He is survived by : his sons, Melville Lee Petrosky of Perry Twp, Jeffery A. Adams (Elizabeth) of Belle Vernon and Matthew J. Adams (Rachel) of Perryopolis; his siblings, Charles W. 'Bud Petrosky Jr. of Perryopolis and Charlotte Sapko of Rostraver Twp; and his grandchildren, Victoria Martin, Jackson Adams, Donovan Martin, Lynnlee Geary, Jaycee Lou Adams and Harper Lee Adams. The Buick front end grille beats the pants off that Pontiac. $4,495 . 70s era B Body convertibles always remind me of this song. Performance big cars were really dead by the end of the 60s. Pontiac Model 6-29 A. Pontiac Model 6-30 B. For 1975, the Grand Ville became the Grand Ville Brougham and included more standard equipment than in previous years, such as power windows and a carpeted trunk. SOLD Questions? thus also passing on a new 72 gold with black vinyl topped coupe deville that had not sold. Initially an extension of the Star Chief Custom in 57, the Bonneville became a stand-alone model in 1958 and a full product line in 1959 with the addition of a station wagon. $22.00. This big, beautiful 1973 Pontiac Grand Ville is one of the best ways to be distinctive, yet unmistakably American, in an affordable package. Jim changed his name to avoid confusion with his older brother. 1972 Pontiac Grand Ville Hardtop Coupe 455-4 V8 Dual Exhaust (aut. For some reason I remember Trans Pan Airlines. Makes no sense, but wholl notice? 71 72 Pontiac full Size Dashboard. Good job and well written from a different perspective, Jason. Grand Ville means big city. Just like a true driver's Pontiac, the wrap-around gauge cluster puts all the controls within easy reach, and the instruments are amazingly well preserved. A nice old Pontiac! Leave a sympathy message to the family in the guestbook on this memorial page of Ronald Lee Petrosky to show support. New listings are added daily. L. Aurandt Auto Sales, Johnstown, PA(49mi), Great Lakes Honda West, Elyria, OH(148mi), Don Sitts Auto Sales, Cuyahoga Falls, OH(110mi), Chevrolet of Wooster, Wooster, OH(121mi). I dont know why the front bumper on this Pontiac looks so damn huge. characteristic dimensions: outside length: 5748 mm / 226.3 in, width: 2029 mm / 79.9 in, wheelbase: 3200 mm / 126 in. Everything works and it is as clean or cleaner than a five year old chev. For 1976, the Grand Ville nameplate was dropped and the lineup was renamed Bonneville Brougham, returning that nameplate back to its former full-size top trim level status. At CBS, they were The Jokers Wild (Jack Barry), The New Price Is Right (Bob Barker), Gambit (Wink Martindale), the $10,000 Pyramid (Dick Clark) and the short-lived Hollywoods Talking (Geoff Edwards) which was soon replaced by Match Game 73 (Gene Rayburn). Her gaze then turned to a smug grin, knowing how very few of the cars she was observing would make it to twenty years of age unscathed, let alone forty. Pontiac LeMans. The name came from a combination of two cars attractions being hinted at in attendence here; The Grand from elegance of the Grand Prix with sporting Nature, -Ville, it was above and beyond the Bnneville upon which it was based. Maybe there are two guys buried in one of these!! He was predeceased by : his parents, Charles W. Petrosky Sr. and Thelma Shazer Petrosky; his wife Katherine Petrosky; and his brother Donald Petrosky. They just do not carry their weight as well. As such, Grand Ville just looks like a typo :-). The bad-guy driver is the one from Bullitt just with longer hair. A rare bird, this Pontiac, one of just under 4,500 ever to grace the highways of North America. It appears to be enamel paint. I dont know the name, but read a story about how he killed SD455 at last minute, except for Firebirds. Only GM could have successfully named a car Big House. Pontiac GTO. I guess it would have mounted too high and looked awkward. And vice versa. About the only favors to the 74 GTO were that Pontiac went back to Hurst shifters for manual transmissions after going to the Inland shifter on 73s and the fact that a Radial Tuned Suspension not offered in 73 was optional in 74. The military honors was held on Sunday, February 26th 2023 at 7:30 PM at the Parzynski Funeral Home & Cremations (191 Liberty St, Perryopolis, PA 15473). I like how Pontiac louvered them and was able to incorporate the reflex into the entire lens itself, avoiding a separate cheesy-looking reflector that nearly all other cars had (and ALL cars have now). Now you'll understand just how well this large coupe has been care for over the years. 15 results per page. The sole remainder was spotted heading home after Car Craft this past year with the top down, FOR SALE in the windows, and a fresh cheap paint job. Gateway Classic Cars of San Antonio/Austin is pleased to present this 1972 Pontiac Grandville. The Family suggests memorial contributions be made in memory of Ronald Lee Petrosky to St. Jude's Hospital or in the form of a donation to the Perry Girl's Softball League. Which is fine by me. I suspect the driver was also the seller even in the few seconds I saw it (going the opposite way on the freeway), it screamed Bondo. 1973 Pontiac Grandville Convertible - one owner - low miles [32600 Original] - with paper work - ori, Gateway Classic Cars of San Antonio/Austin is pleased to present this 1972 Pontiac Grandville. That did give Pontiac a nice clean set of names for the important 1977 downsizing, and the names worked quite well. Hopefully it found a good home. This big, beautiful 1973 Pontiac Grand Ville is one of the best ways to be distinctive, yet unmistakably American, in an affordable package. 3) , model year 1972, version for North America (up to September) 1972 Pontiac Grand Ville Convertible 455-4 V8 (aut. you brought back memories of my 73 Grand Ville sedan. He liked it well enough to restore it but wanted a 71 front end. First, the standard V8 was now a 400-CID version of the familiar Pontiac V8 rather than the big 455. 112,687 Miles. Caserio did later relent and permit the SD to go into production later in the model year but only in the Firebirds, not the mid-sized cars. Powerful 455 cu in 4 barrel V8 backed by a 3 . Exterior Color: White Budget Car Mart 2, Akron, OH (105mi) 234-226-7400. Apparently the Grand Ville convertible in 71 and 72 was about as close to a post 70 C body convertible as GM would ever come. Mileage Avg. Here's Norm's current description of this Granville convertible: "FOR SALE. Visitation was held on Sunday, February 26th 2023 from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM and from 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM at the Parzynski Funeral Home & Cremations - Perryopolis (191 Liberty St, Perryopolis, PA 15473). Her owners had always been sophisticated and mature, treating her as a precious jewel and never as ordinary transportation. 3) specs. JZ DeLorean was moved up to Chevy in 1969, so Pontiac lost their main booster. Three days ago we got a call to pick up an 88 Mercedes 300 es that had sat for sale in some guys driveway for a while. pontiac bonneville grand prix catalina fender splash panel extention. CLASSIC.COM is a trademark of CLASSIC.COM LLC. . Pontiac Model 6-27. Pontiac's legendary 455 cubic-inch V8 has such an authentic appearance in the engine bay that we wouldn't be surprised if it was the original motor. Had one owner back there, the car was sold when he passed away. Pontiac or formally the Pontiac Motor Division of General Motors, was an American automobile brand owned, manufactured, and commercialized by General Motors.Introduced as a companion make for GM's more expensive line of Oakland automobiles, Pontiac overtook Oakland in popularity and supplanted its parent brand entirely by 1933.. Sold in the United States, Canada, and Mexico by GM, in the . Just another one that got away still wonder if it really did live up to the description. shows dramatically. We live in Fredrikstaf, Southeastern Norway, close to the Sweden border.The vintage petrol station is located in Ed, Sweden (Dalsland area). C $19.03 + C $27.14 shipping. As Miss Daisey once said, we couldnt keep it because we couldnt afford to feed it!. $19,995 or BEST REASONABLE OFFER. RWD (rear- wheel drive), automatic 3-speed gearbox. The Who What or Where Game (Art James) and Three On A Match (Bill Cullen). I think Pontiac wanted to maintain the 1961-70 (1959-70?) It is where the rear quarter window beltline transitions to the rear deck.